August 2014 Moms
Options

How long do your MOTN feedings take?

SoSayWeAllSoSayWeAll member
edited November 2014 in August 2014 Moms
Mine take almost an hour and I wish they could be shorter. I feed about halfway, then change and put him back in his zippy, finish feeding, hold upright for 15 minutes which adds up to almost an hour. Any tips to streamline the process? I don't trust myself to nurse in bed and not fall asleep.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How long do your MOTN feedings take?

• Options
    15-20 minutes and then 10 more to get him sound asleep to put down but most of the time we bedshare.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine take about an hour as well. I feel like DS is the most inefficient eater ever and it takes him a good 30-40 minutes to eat, then with burping and putting to sleep it's an hour or so.

• Options
    If we do have a MOTN feeding, it's feed for 10 mins, change diaper and then rock bak to sleep (which could take 30 mins or more).
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    Our took about 20 min after we stopped changing him. I also didn't take him out of the woombie. I would feed about half the bottle, burp him, finish bottle, burp, then lay back down. If he didn't burp he would squirm around in the bed until he was fully awake and then he would be ready to play.. So it was a must.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    15-30 minutes. i change diaper and feed, then put him right back down. Oddly he spits up less at night even without the upright time, perhaps because he isn't jostled about as much.

image    image
  • Options
    15-20 minutes. I just pick her up, nurse (10-15 min), let her lay on my chest for five min to make sure she's asleep and then put her back in her bed. I don't take her out of the halo (though I do sometimes re wrap them if they've come loose) or change diaper unless she poops.

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• Options
    lpeters84 said:

20 minutes - I don't remove LOs sleep sack unless I need to change her diaper (poop). I don't burp or hold upright either. I read somewhere they are more relaxed during night feeds as they are half asleep so they swallow less air... We haven't had a problem with MOTN spit up, whereas LO spits up during the day if not burped. So basically it is pick up, feed, lay back down.

Pretty much this except I swaddle, so I sometimes need to tighten it up first before feeding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Average is about an hour here. She usually takes 30-45 minute to eat and takes a while to settle back in.

• Options
    Hmm I wonder if I truly need to hold him upright. I do need to burp him because I have OALD especially in the MOTN and he will spit up if I don't.
  • Options
    becominggoldbecominggold member
    edited November 2014
    15-20 min. We only have one night feeding. so there is enough milk in one boob. I have stopped changing him unless he poops which is rare.
  • Options
    lynds002lynds002 member
    edited November 2014
    I am up for almost an hour, but baby is only up for about 30 minutes. He eats for 20, then I put him down, then I go pump the other side. No changing unless he poops, which is very rare.
    August 2014 Siggy Challenge: Motivational Speaking for Moms
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    An hour. I so wish she would eat faster, but she doesn't. Plus she needs help settling back to sleep.
  • Options
    Hmmm mine takes about five minutes. I pull her into bed with me. I do the side lying position and we fall asleep. She unlatches when she's done and generally finds me if she wants more. She stays in the bed with me after that. I don't burp she's never thrown up from her night time feed. I fe the diaper if it's not heavy or poop smelling I leave her.
  • Options
    20 minutes - I don't remove LOs sleep sack unless I need to change her diaper (poop). I don't burp or hold upright either. I read somewhere they are more relaxed during night feeds as they are half asleep so they swallow less air... We haven't had a problem with MOTN spit up, whereas LO spits up during the day if not burped. So basically it is pick up, feed, lay back down.
    Pretty much this except I swaddle, so I sometimes need to tighten it up first before feeding.
    Same here.  I wouldn't bother changing unless your baby still poops at night.  I don't have to burp or anything else either.  He's usually good about just going right back down after a MOTN feed. 

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Probably 15-20 minutes. She doesn't truly wake up so I only change her diaper if necessary. She eats pretty quick and once she's done I lay her back down.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Uh... 30 mins, I think? I change first, then bring her to bed to nurse. She sleeps and nurses, i sleep, then she pops off after about 30 mins. I take her back to her crib then sleepwalk back to my bed and Im asleep in about twenty seconds. Easy peasy.
    Mom to Frances, 6, Adam, 4, and baby Lila.
  • Options
    If she stays asleep or falls back asleep nursing, then about 15-30 min. I change her first, but keep the sleep sack on. Then nurse. If she falls asleep, back to bed. If she is wide awake after eating, then we go rock until she falls asleep. In that case, it is 1 hour 15 min total. It doesn't matter if I nurse in the dark. Some nights she's just awake after eating. I've tried putting her back to bed awake, but she gets chatty. She is sharing a room with DS, so that doesn't work then!

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"