September 2013 Moms

NBR. Input welcome! Very long.

Please do not quote because I may delete.

I'm not sure I want to be with DH any longer. I'm unhappy. And I feel terrible and I don't know what to do. We've had issues or awhile but I just chalked it up to the stress of moving and staying with family. But now that that's over, things haven't changed and I'm not sure they get will. It's not even big things that happen or he does wrong but little things that he doesn't realize hurt or little things that I can't stand when he does them. Every time we talk about things it just goes in circles and nothing get changes.

I feel like if we didn't have DD we wouldn't be together. There were things that happened when I wa pregnant that made me second guess our relationship but at the time leaving didn't seem like an option. And now I feel like or lost myself. I have no idea who I am anymore. I have absolutely no one to talk to. I lost every friend I had for him. And I just don't know what to do.

I wouldn't even know how to go about it if I wanted to leave. Im a SAHM so I have no income or place to go or money to support me and DD. He's already told me before that if we broke up that he'd do everything in his power to get full custody. Even though he wouldn't know the first thing about caring for her full time. He doesn't do anything for her now unless I ask.

I think he suspects I feel this way. Some days all I can think about is my unhappiness. And most of these days he asks if I'm unhappy or if I feel stuck but I don't ever tell him. Because I know that it would just turn into the same conversation we always have.

We are planning to move closer to his mom this spring because she will provide daycare so I can work but I don't know if I can hold out until then. This is breaking me.

Sorry this is so long but I had to get it out somehow.

Re: NBR. Input welcome! Very long.

• @jnetx‌. Thank you! I know there's no way he'd get full custody, he would just try his hardest to make things difficult that it would be easier if I had my shit together.

Unfortunately the only family I have that could do that is in another state. We don't have anyone around here to even watch LO or I would be working. I talk to his mom more than anyone and I know that when we are closer to her it would be possible. It just makes me sick thinking about the time between now and then. I can't pretend like everything's okay for six months. But I also won't be able to tell him I'm unhappy and want to leave but I'm stuck.

• ugh....this kinda makes my heart hurt.  The only advise I can give is usually when I am at a major crossroads in my life (or when I have been in the past) the answer came to me when I have waited for it.  Dont make rash decisions in the heat of the moment.  Although it sounds like you have thought about it for a while.  IMO six months isn't that long of a time to prepare yourself for making a change.  Are you sure its him and not being a SAHM?  Being a SAHM can be isolating if you aren't around family and friends.  I could not do it and I give you props for taking on the hardest job in the world.  What do you think would happen if you did confess your feelings?
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry. My only advice is to try to talk to a lawyer if you can (if you are at that point yet). They can give you more information about what your options are. Are you sure though that his mom would watch your LO if you got divorced?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Zoly1103‌ I believe she would. Her and I communicate more than she does with DH and I think she'd be able to see my point of view.

@RedDDD‌ Thanks for that. One of the ways DH makes me feel small is because I'm a SAHM. He seems to think its easy peasy because he had to stay with DD a few hours a day when he worked third shift. But he doesn't realize that he didn't cook or clean or do laundry or anything useful. This is one of the issues. I get no help, not even when I'm cooking dinner and DD is screaming her head off, unless I tell him to help. He leaves a mess with everything he does and doesn't pick it up, critisizes the way I do almost everything from cleaning to parenting. But critisizes things that don't even matter. Like he's saying things to say them. And we struggle. A lot. And there's so much more he could be doing to support us. Things that I would be doing if I could. And lately he's gotten so irresponsible with money that I can't help but to blame him for it all.

And when I bring these things up to him, he acts like I'm crazy. He doesn't see it and he tries to turn it around on me. I don't think he's as happy as when we first got together either but that he wants to be so he convinces himself that he is. You know? And I'm not sure what would happen if I really told him I wanted to leave him. I'm sure he'd over react and try to make me feel bad and I don't want to be stuck in the same house when that happens.

You're right to say that 6 months really isn't that long. It just seems like it when my mind seems made up. I'm sorry for the essay again. Like I said there's not really anyone IRL to vent to. Thank you for your thoughts!
  • Sorry you are going through this.. do you have any family you can confide in? If not perhaps finding a good counselor would be beneficial.
    Perhaps sitting down with him and having an honest conversation is going to need to happen. I would give it a time frame of 6 months. Let him know that if things don't change by then that you will be wanting out of the relationship at that point. If you truly do want it to work then for the next 6 months you should really try anything and everything. Couples counselling, one on one counselling, whatever you haven't tried yet then do it. Then at least if you choose to separate you know that you tried everything to make it work, and can walk away without regrets. Hopefully this way you can end things in a civil manner and he will be supportive in getting you back on your feet as it affects his child as well.
    My advice is in no way the only way to go about things but it is just what I would do if I were facing the same situation. Best of luck to you, no matter what you will get through this and be a stronger person because of it.
  • @pumpkinmommaaa - I'm sorry, that sounds rough. I'm glad you have a good relationship with your MIL though. I hope you find your way, whatever that is. I'm sending you lots of hugs.
  • agree @jnetx I do the same thing...usually I have it all planned out what I am going to say and then I get turned around in the conversation and crumble cuz I can't think straight.  Writing it down is the best way.  

@pumpkinmommaaa  maybe suggest to DH that you start working on looking for a job now prior to the move.  It might take you a while anyway.  Unless you are done with the marriage.  I guess, for me, I would attempt the counseling route as well.  If you are home all the time, with little to no friends and family around and are stuck taking care of a child 99% of the time - that is REALLY hard.  And I don't mean anything bad by saying you are stuck with your kid but you have to refill your cup in order to be a better mama, wife, friend etc...you sound depleted and empty.  And I completely understand that feeling because I have been there.  I have zero family around (all out of state) and only have a few close friends but they don't live all that close to me.  Its hard.  So I really had to create a new life for myself.  I joined my sorority alumni chapter to meet other women (which has been invaluable), I joined a new mamas group with my first baby and those ladies are all still friends of mine.  I had to create outlets for myself and it wasn't easy and at times it was uncomfortable (just showing up to something and meeting new people is hard but worth it!)  Maybe find a group of SAHM's that get together for play dates and wine nights...uh hmm I mean book club  :)....These are just some random ideas.  Hell, for me I really just love being by myself.  So I sometimes leave to just do some shopping or a Target run.  Hope this helps  
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Wow, I really commend you for getting that all out there that is not an easy thing to do. I don't have anything different to suggest but wanted to say that I'm sorry you're going through this and hope that a resolution or an improvement one way or the other happens soon for you. I can imagine that this is a really tough situation for you but like other's have suggested I would personally seek out counseling before making any drastic changes, even just for yourself to start off. That way you have a neutral person to talk to and just to get it all out on the table and really make sure that there arent any other factors that are contributing to making you feel the way that you are. Keep your head up, things will eventually work themselves out even if it doesn't seem like it now. Things will get better ::hugs::
  • I'm really sorry, this makes me sad to read. I'll be honest, I'm terrible at advice and wording things right in these kind of situations so I'm not going to try.... I just want to send my hugs and thoughts, and I hope that things work out for the best.. whatever that might be.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I agree with PPs to look into counseling. Also, do you feel that you may have some depression aside from feeling down about your situation with DH? It might be something to explore with your doctor/counselor if you do.

I also agree with letting him know how you feel. I'm also one that has to write a letter if it's a tough subject, so maybe try that? Hugs!

• So sorry your going through this. I think @CurlingRocks‌ gave advice closest to what I'd say. I really hope things work out best for you. Hugs and prayers.
  • Thank you ladies! It really does help to have someone to get this all out with.

@jnetx‌ writing a letter is a great idea. That's what I've always done in the past as well and it has crossed y mind to do so.

For the ladies that suggested counseling; I've thought about it but haven't looked into costs or anything because we don't really have much extra money. Also I'm sure it would only be for me as I've asked him to go himself before. He's also bipolar and depressed as doesn't get medicated for it no matter how much I try.

@VitaLuna‌ I've actually just started taking Zoloft again because I thought maybe because I wasn't that I was the problem.

Again, thank you so much! For now, I will write a letter. I think talking to him about things will be easier than anticipated. I asked him last night if he was happy and he shrugged his shoulders. I was on my second glass of wine so I left it at that.

• I'm glad you were able to talk and get some of your feelings across to him especially in what sounds like a civilized manner, that's the first step. Keep working at it, one way or another things will work themselves out. Until then, keep your head up and keep loving on your DD ::hugs::
  • Hugs and positive thoughts to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"