Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Would You Feed?

DD wakes up in the middle of the night (Almost 4 months old) and she just talks to herself...not crying or fussing at all.  If I nurse her she falls right back to sleep.  Not sure if I should just see if she falls back by herself.  My only concern is that she's tiny...not even 12 lbs yet....so I want to get her food.  Would you nurse and have her go right back to sleep, or see if she falls back asleep by herself since she's happy?  Normally, like with my boys, I would just let them talk themselves back to sleep but since she's so little (it could be just that she's a girl) I should get more food in her.
Thanks

Re: Would You Feed?

• I would talk to your pediatrician on whether her growth is a concern. If they're not worried then I would say there's no problem with letting a happy baby put themselves back to sleep
    Thanks....yeah they were fine at 2 months and she's gaining about the same rate. I have her 4 month appt the first week in December at will ask. :)  I figure if she's hungry she will cry...although she really never cries when hungry I just feed on about 2 - 2 1/2 hrs schedule since she was going such long stretches at night (8-10 hrs previous to these wakings) until this week
  • I thought I read somewhere that they have to be a certain weight or double their birthweight or something before they don't require a middle of the night feed. Wish I could remember what it was exactly. Good idea to ask the dr.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would ask your pedi. Typically, if she has remained on the same growth curve, they wouldn't be concerned. Some babies are just small and some are just bigger. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• At 5 months my DD is in the 1st percentile, on Nov 3rd at her (late) 4M check up she weighed in at 11lbs 5oz. She is continuing on her weight gain arch so our pedi is not worried about her, she is just a little baby. She is now 23 weeks and I don't do a night feeding anymore. If your DD is happy and can put herself back to sleep I would just leave her, unless your pedi says otherwise.
  • leela02leela02 member
    edited November 2014

I would talk to your pediatrician on whether her growth is a concern. If they're not worried then I would say there's no problem with letting a happy baby put themselves back to sleep
    Thanks....yeah they were fine at 2 months and she's gaining about the same rate. I have her 4 month appt the first week in December at will ask. :)  I figure if she's hungry she will cry...although she really never cries when hungry I just feed on about 2 - 2 1/2 hrs schedule since she was going such long stretches at night (8-10 hrs previous to these wakings) until this week
    Can you call your pedi's office and see if they can give you an answer over the phone? My pedi answers some questions by phone.
  • @somerandomchick‌ thanks. I think I must have mixed it up with something else. What I was thinking of wasn't as soon as two weeks.
  • Thanks everyone

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"