Parenting after a Loss

~~**~~Infant Check in~~**~~

Infant Age:

Milestones:

Challenges:

Funny/cute stories:

QOTW: What is your favorite rainy day activity?

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011
Diagnosed with PCOS Jan 2013
BFP#1 June 2013/ EDD 2/23/2013 Blighted Ovum confirmed July 18, 2013
took Cytotec July 20, 2013

BFP #2 12/28/2013 EDD 9/11/2014 Its A Girl!!! Rebecca Ann!

Rebecca Ann born 8/31/2014 6lb 1oz 19 inches long 8:55am!!!!

Re: ~~**~~Infant Check in~~**~~

• Hi! I keep missing this thread, but I actually get to play today!

Infant Age: 29 weeks ~6.5 months

Milestones: She's finally starting to roll! She rolled a few times for my MIL last week, hasn't shown any interest since, but at least I know she can do it! She's doing really well with sitting, too.

Challenges: At her 6mo check-up we got info that there could be potential problems with her vision. Our appointment with a pediatric ophthalmologist confirmed that she is extremely farsighted, and there's a big difference between her two eyes that makes her susceptible to a lazy eye without correction. We have a follow-up in 3 months, at which point we will probably move to glasses and possibly patching the stronger eye for up to a year. :(

Funny/cute stories: She has started squealing when she laughs, it's so funny. I always nibble on her sides or her legs when I change her diaper, and now she'll start squealing/laughing before I even do it because she's knows it's coming.

QOTW: What is your favorite rainy day activity? Before DD, it would have been just snuggling in bed or on the couch with some soup and a movie/book. Now? Not so much! Haha. Now we just stay in and I try to keep her entertained. She's not a snuggler, so it's a challenge! 
    BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • Infant Age: 14 weeks (~3 months)

Milestones: He's grabbing toys with purpose now and bringing them to his mouth. 

Challenges: Tummy time. He suddenly hates it. He's not showing any signs of wanting to roll over, either. I know it's early on that, but I hope he starts to at least kick and roll a little more. 

He also had been sleeping through the night for a couple of weeks, but the time change, colder weather and a little cold have him waking up again at 3 a.m. I am hoping that is temporary.

Funny/cute stories: I sing him songs at bedtime after I lay him in his crib. Two nights ago, he started "singing" along with me - cooing/yelling at full volume as I sang. It was all I could do to keep from cracking up, it was so funny. 

Sitting down with a magazine and a cup of coffee. Flipping through magazines feels like such an indulgence lately - I love it. 

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Loading the player...
  • @happyin14 - Congrats on that pound! That's great news.

@lunabug924 - I am sorry to hear about the possibility of the eye patch for a year. :( It's good they caught that early, though. 

@meagpt22 - Those smiles are just the best, aren't they? They make even the most difficult days better!

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• @Happyin14 that is a great weight gain! I understand a baby who only wants to be held.My 11 week old is just now starting to sleep in about 1 hr increments in her pack n play consistently every night. It will get easier it just takes times but know I am going through that right along side you.

@LunaBig924 I am sorry for the diagnosis but with catching it early and the patch things will get better soon! How cute with the squeals I can't wait for mine to do that.

@meagpt22‌ baby smiles are the best and will continue to make your heart melt. Have you tried a carrier like the Moby, mei tai, or ergo? Since LO likes to be held?

@2redtulips‌ I hope LO goes back to look hiking tummy time soon. Mine still hates it. I am not sure I would be able to hold back the laughing if my LO started singing along with me.

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011

• Infant Age: 11w 1d

Milestones: She has started laughing more and is lifting her head.more when on tummy time although she will only stand it for a fewinutes at a time.

Challenges: For a few weeks I gave up on her sleeping in bassinet and crib and just let her sleep on my chest at night cause I was so tired I needed sleep. Well for the past few days we have been fully committed to her sleeping in her PNP or crib. She is up to 1 hr increments in her PNP at night and 30 min naps during the day in PNP.

Funny/cute stories: I just love when she coos back at us when we talk to her and her big smiles that gives!

QOTW: What is your favorite rainy day activity? Eating chilli and watching a movie on the couch!

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011

• BootsOrHeartsBootsOrHearts member
    edited November 2014
    Infant Age: 11 months, 3 weeks. This is my last check in here! 

Milestones: He's putting himself to sleep at night now which is amazing. We just hug him and hold him for a few minutes, lay him down, say good night and leave and he plays with his hands or his ears until he falls asleep. I love that kid.  

Challenges: He's sad at pre-school again now because between vacation and holidays it's been a few weeks since he's been. Hopefully he'll start to enjoy it again soon. He's going two mornings a week now and will go to 5 after the holidays. 

Funny/cute stories: He likes to dance to his toys that play music. He stands there and bounces up and down. It's adorable. He isn't doing it to be cute because he'll do it when no one is watching. He really loves music. 

I like to bake and cook when it's wet and cold. 
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• @BootsOrHearts We are going to miss you over here! That's great he is able to put himself to sleep! I am sure he will begin to enjoy pre school again soon

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011

• @YuMMMy721‌ Your peaches story is too cute! I hope rolling over continues to get easier everyday!

@Veganlady‌ yay for sitting unassisted and for baby laughs!! I hope LO starts to sleep in longer stretches for ya, I know how tough it is!

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011

• Infant Age: will be 11 weeks tomorrow!

Milestones: DS has slept in his crib the last 2 nights! He still wakes often to eat but at least the crib transition has gone smoothly so far.

Challenges: I go back to work the Monday after thanksgiving. I'm trying to pump and build up a stash of milk. So far all I have is,40 oz so I'm hoping I can get more by then. Pumping with a baby is hard work! I don't know how the EPers do it, but I'm welcome to suggestions.

Funny/cute stories: I can't think of anything in particular. I think everything he does is cute.

QOTW: What is your favorite rainy day activity? Snuggling under the covers with some good Netflix shows.
    BFP #1 7/23/12: EDD 4/1/13.  MMC discovered on 9/4/12 @ 10w1d
    BFP# 2 3/9/13:  EDD 11/12/13 m/c 3/15/13 @ 5w3d
    RPL testing shows one copy of MTHFR gene mutation. 
     BFP#3 12/24/13: EDD 9/5/14 Beta #1 13 DPO 168! Beta #2 16 DPO 895!
     First US 1/9/14 @ 5w6d Strong HB!
    2nd US 1/23/14 @ 7w6d baby is still doing great! 3rd US 1/31/14  9w0d: Beautiful wiggly baby! Keep growing baby!
    3/17/14 US @ 15w3d:Its a BOY!

My rainbow baby Isaac has arrived! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • BootsOrHeartsBootsOrHearts member
    edited November 2014
    @doglover31 When baby's sleeping is the easiest time to pump, but I also found I could prop him in the boppy on the bed and sit on the bed next to him and kinda wave toys in front of him or make silly faces to keep him occupied. At this age at least he stays where you put him! If he likes his swing you can also stick him there and put it next to the couch then sit there with him. You can also try pumping one side while he eats from the other if you have a hands-free pumping bra. If he only usually  takes one side then that's easy, if he usually takes both, wait until he's done with one side, switch him, and then pump the side he is done with. You won't get much, but you'll get a bit and it adds up if you do it a few times a day. 

Yup doing anything with a baby is hard and it doesn't get easier when they get older. Last night I needed to take a bath so I locked baby in the bathroom with me and he dug through the trash and played in dirty clothes to amuse himself. MOTY here! 
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Infant Age: will be 11 weeks tomorrow!

Milestones: DS has slept in his crib the last 2 nights! He still wakes often to eat but at least the crib transition has gone smoothly so far.

Challenges: I go back to work the Monday after thanksgiving. I'm trying to pump and build up a stash of milk. So far all I have is,40 oz so I'm hoping I can get more by then. Pumping with a baby is hard work! I don't know how the EPers do it, but I'm welcome to suggestions.

Funny/cute stories: I can't think of anything in particular. I think everything he does is cute.

QOTW: What is your favorite rainy day activity? Snuggling under the covers with some good Netflix shows.

I am glad the transition to crib is going well. Pumping is hard but I agree with @BootsOrHearts‌ about pumping right after they finish and putting LO in front of you so you are seen and can interact. Hope you are able to get a nice stash built. Although I say 40oz is a great start!

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011

• Infant Age: 11.5 weeks

Milestones: He's is getting better at pushing his upper body off the ground when doing tummy time.  On the verge of giggling - smiling and cooing a TON.

Challenges:  Daytime sleeping.  He wants to be held all the time.  The only time I get a decent nap is in the carseat if we go out to run errands.

Funny/cute stories:  He was in his mamaroo yesterday, and I started doing a workout.  I was trying to keep him engaged by counting, etc.  He was loving it!  It was so cute to see him break out in huge smiles and coo back at me while I counted.

QOTW: What is your favorite rainy day activity?  I need to come up with some.  I was bored out of my mind this week when we couldn't really get out.  I would say lay in bed and watch tv, but that gets old quick!  

BFP #1 : 3/20/13 | EDD: 12/1/13 | MC: 4/15/13 

BFP #2: 1/9/14 | EDD: 9/21/14  

Welcomed our rainbow bear on 8/31/14

My Chart | All are Welcome

• @nyg2042‌ i am so jealous your LO will push up mine has only once on the floor. Sorry day time naps are a struggle hopefully it gets better soon.

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011

• @MrsHamon09‌ - he only really started to do it in the last two days. He has a star that lights up and plays music and I rig it in front of him during tummy time. He loves that star, so I guess he's motivated to lift himself up now. Prior to that, he would just eat his hands during tummy time haha.

BFP #1 : 3/20/13 | EDD: 12/1/13 | MC: 4/15/13 

BFP #2: 1/9/14 | EDD: 9/21/14  

Welcomed our rainbow bear on 8/31/14

My Chart | All are Welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"