Florida Babies
Options

Labor of Love Lutz/Dunedin

I'm considering switching from a traditional on/gym & hospital birth to a birthing center. I've been researching Labor of Love. Anyone with current/past experience using them? Anyone switch from dr/hospital to a birthing center?

Re: Labor of Love Lutz/Dunedin

• Options
    Stupid autocorrect, meant to say ob gyn
  • Options
    Hey, I just saw your post. I'm a first time mom that just delivered there a few weeks ago. Depending on what you're looking for they are pretty awesome. The midwives really take the time to get to know you and spend a great deal of time during appointments so you don't feel rushed. They are very open to "crunchy" topics (placenta encapsulation etc.) but aren't pushy if you aren't interested. I truly enjoyed my birth experience and feel that I probably would have ended up with some type of intervention if I was at a hospital. (I pushed for almost 4 hours) I LOVED being able to move around the birthing suite, eat food if I wanted, and that they constantly encouraged me to drink tons of water. I think it made recovery that much easier. 

Feel free to ask any questions. 
    imageimage"">
                  Feb '14 Siggy Challenge: Cats in Space

BFP 5/30/13 EDD 2/11/14
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just came across this post, I'm 20 weeks and currently going there. They're great, they always know you by name when you walk in the door and I've always felt very comfortable asking any questions I might have. I am really looking forward to delivering there!
  • Options
    They're really great. I've had several friends birth there and they ask had a great experience. I love all the mid wives. They are very attentive and caring and make you feel comfortable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"