February 2014 Moms

Working Moms Check In

Hey ladies! Sorry I am late to get this posted today. And since I'm in MST, most of you are probably done at work or finishing for the day, so not sure many will even have time to respond at this point - sorry!

Anywho, I'm thrilled that it's Friday, and before a short week (for some) no less! Let's hear how it went:

Successes/Celebrations:

Challenges:

Me/Family Time:

Weekend Plans:

Bonus Question: Where do you find yourself struggling most these days, at home or at work? Does it go back and forth for you? How do you handle it when you feel like one or the other is slipping?

F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Working Moms Check In

• Successes/Celebrations: I think pretty much everyone knows this by now, but I teach at a year round school, which means that every 3 weeks, a different group of students and teachers goes "off-track" (has a 3 week break). I'm celebrating because next Tuesday is my last day before my track off! My 3 weeks also backs up to winter break, so I actually have a 5.5 week break coming up! I am so excited! This break for me is like another teacher's summer break, although when I come back in January I will still have the same group of kids, which is fine because I have a great class this year :)

Challenges: I have been so beyond exhausted this week. Many times I could barely keep my eyes open. I was actually in bed, asleep the other night at 8, and when I woke up the next morning at 4, I thought to myself "I must've gotten so many hours of sleep last night!" Um, no. Only the recommended 8 hours. Whomp, whomp. I feel like I will never be well-rested again!

Me/Family Time: Our family time has been seriously lacking. DH has been working late so we have not been able to have dinner together. DS, DD, and I had some nice time together because I took the day off to take her to her 9 month appt. Me time this week has been unheard of.

Weekend Plans: There is a Christmas parade at the outdoor mall near our house tomorrow. There are marching bands and dancers, and Santa comes. They light all the lights on main street and their big tree near the ice skating rink. I am taking DS and DD. Of course, DH can't come, so still no family time. I'm really disappointed about that. That's really about it for weekend plans, other than grocery shopping for Thanksgiving stuff. 

Bonus Question: Lately, I've felt like I'm doing pretty well at work with keeping up with all the stuff going on and getting ready for track off. I think it's easier for me right now because I know a break is coming, but this is definitely something I struggle with often. I either feel like I'm killing it at work and home is suffering, or I've been spending good, quality time with my kids/family and keeping up with things there, and I fall behind at work. 

When that happens and it's work that's suffering, I usually force myself to take some time at home to try to get caught up on some work stuff, whether it's during naptime on the weekend, or staying up extra late one night. If it's home that's suffering, I usually try to tackle small things that I can accomplish that make me feel like things are in order, like clearing off the dining room table/counters, cleaning the bathrooms, etc. If I can swing it, I'll take a day off for some mommy/babies time.

• Yikes @mamosey! I can't see all the gifs at work, but I can get the jist of it. Hope you and @karlamo have a nice, relaxing weekend ahead of you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"