Success after IF

TTC CHECKIN 11/18

Hi ladies!

Good luck to those ladies cycling!! 

((Hugs)) to everyone else who needs them!!

This check-in is open to anyone that is part of the SAIF community and is currently TTC again, either on their own, or via injectibles, IUI, IVF, adoption, etc. 

A check-in will be posted every week. Please reply to the check-in post if you would like to be added to the group. Each check-in will provide the opportunity for you to provide an update as to where you currently are in your TTC. 

Once you get pregnant please post about your first and second beta then move over to the pregnancy check in.

QOTW:  What are your favorite toys for when you travel? Favorite apps?

TTC, without meds, hoping for a wonderful "surprise!"

Jessylane8- I called the RE yesterday to make an appointment for the first week of January but their schedule isn't up yet. The nurse told me not to worry because I am an established patient, they will get me in a soon as I am ready to cycle. 

MrsAmyDylan-10/22- We had a good consult. It looks like we will do the clomid challenge + IUI in December (which will take care of all our pre-cycle testing. IVF in January, assuming the IUI doesn't work. . 

Lynnyloo- I just wanted to update that I got a BFP Thursday night. I'm in shock and have my first appointment on the 18th of November. Good luck to all you ladies!

Okitty-10/1-SAIF Lurker timidly stepping forward!: DH and I are somewhat trying for #2. DS is only 2 mos old today, and while I'm breastfeeding I realize our chances are low (no AF yet) but we aren't preventing. DS took 5 years and was a surprise during our adoption wait. We hope to be lucky and have an unmedicated BFP as we aren't up for any interventions. If not, we'll revisit our adoption plan when DS is 18 mos (per our agency's rule). 

Thosethreewords-We've been non-aggressively TTCing for about 6 weeks.  DS is 3 months and I'm going to start tapering down on BFing so I can start the process of preparing for IVF again in late winter/early spring.  But in the mean time we are hoping for a miracle BFP!

TTC, with treatments

Ann679-I had my retrieval yesterday.  I'm completely shocked.  They got 8 eggs and 6 of them fertilized.  That's more than my first 2 cycles combined.  Now I'm hoping for some good growth.  

Chiwifey- HSG on Friday to rule out fluid in my uterus which could interfere with implantation. Dr. Sch is perplexed about all of my blasts being normal and multiple failed cycles so he is having do the hsg and an endo biopsy to be safe rather than sorry. It freaks me out that he thinks there could be more than just my embryos as an issue. I feel like as soon I we fix one thing, here comes another problem... Geez!

EmAzeem- My b/w came back with elevated thyroid. They want it 1-2.5 mine is at 4.7. I'm on generic synthroid for 6w and retest. I'm really hoping it will be down! But of course my RE makes me nervous it won't be and says I might need to see an endocrinologist to control it. Also my vitamin d was low so I'm taking vitamin d supplement. I also did my saline u/s today luckily that seems to all look normal for now. If all goes well I'll be able to start my FET#2 my next cycle.

emwaiting – 6/18We are currently off all meds and just seeing what will happen on our own.  Praying for that little miracle to happen.  You know be one of those that can say "it will happen when you quit trying!" ha  I will be 6 wks tomorrow from my last period so that is frustrating that it won't come on it's own.  If it isn't here in another week then they will do a blood test to make sure I'm not prego and then do the meds to start my period.  Kinda hard to have that miracle without my period or ovulating.  We had to do IVF to get our DS so we are thinking we will have to go down that road again so time to save $$ again!  

fullfhope –10/22-had second scan today with my favorite Dr and she was so positive and upbeat, we saw a strong heartbeat and while are still measuring behind she said is less than a week behind and she thinks this is ok.  I have now graduated to OB. Next appointment is Nov. 3. Thank you ladies for your concern, much appreciated. 

itsmevkb -8/20- We did the transfer last Monday of our one little frosty and everything went smoothly.  Yesterday I tested and got a positive.  I'm literally shaking typing that out.  I'm scared.  Scared of something going wrong, scared of having a crappy beta on Wednesday, scared of where in the world we're fitting another baby into our house, scared of just everything both good and bad.  

JBDamonm- FET is scheduled for Friday at noon........ FX that this little one gets in and takes hold for the long haul. I am incredibly excited. I Was so apprehensive about jumping in again, I can't quite believe how excited I am with the possibiltiy of being pregnant again. 

June0609- ER was yesterday. We got 33 eggs which is awesome! First fert report was 18 possibly 19 fertilized normally which is twice the number I had for my first IVF. Next update will be Day 3 this Friday. I'm hoping I can fit in a transfer in December before the lab closed for the holidays. QOTW: I don't do Black Friday. We will be hosting Thanksgiving as usual and I get too tired to wake up early to shop the next day.

Kaf7- Another AF has arrived. My cycles continue to alternate short and long. But since I had a sis this month I know I was ovulating d10 on the left. Just carrying on my med cocktail and paying money. 

KDR19179-7/16 I haven't been on the bump in awhile because I have been busy with the twins and work, but we are in the process of going back for our single frozen embryo. We don't tell many people IRL when we are going through IVF cycles, so I would love to talk about it somewhere! CD day 1 was July 10, I saw the RE on Monday. I'm taking estradiol 2mg 3x daily. I go back on 7/21 for an ultrasound and blood draw. The embryo transfer is scheduled for 7/28. We only have 1 embryo left and it has about a 65% chance of surviving thaw. If it survives thaw, it has a 27-30% chance of pregnancy. I love swimming, but don't get to do it much. I never thought I would want a pool until we had kids. If we had a pool, I think I would swim every day in the Summer!

MoFree  I will know on Nov 24 if my FET was successful. I alternate between being very optimistic, even thinking of names and alternating that with the feeling that it's another FET failure. I never expected that TTC2 would be so emotionally taxing.

Pam MG – We were going to put off the IVF cycle until December but the first set of dates would not work and I did not want to wait until the end of December to start the process so we are moving forward with it this month. Started BCPs last night *cough* this morning. Since I haven't had a period in 2 months I think my body has stopped working. 

Phishgirl29- Waiting this cycle out. DH was OOT so TI was a bust this month. IUI next cycle hopefully. 

Pinkmickey24-9/17 Cycle 3 is underway. Going to sit down and chat with DH about when we should return to the RE. I want to cycle August/September again because a May/June baby if all works out is much nicer on a teacher's schedule, but I would be grateful for a baby at anytime in the year.

Richzep- Started my cycle a couple days ago. Hysteroscopy is scheduled for next Wed. FET is tentatively scheduled for 12/21. 

Run20K-10/1- My next FET is scheduled for 11/18

STL34-11/11- I trigger tonight for retrieval on Friday!!  I am so excited and super nervous because according to the ultrasounds this is my best response yet.  I'm just hoping and praying that were are saying the same thing come fert report time!  

trigirl79 First appt was last Sat - 9 antral follicles. 

Started meds (Gonal-F and Menopur) last night, go in for my first monitoring appt on Friday!

WadzFaith-In 2ww purgatory after we transferred 2 embryos on Nov 2nd. 
Ist Beta will be 11/14 (9 days to go!)

ON A BREAK, hoping to get back in the game soon

Efhoping2010-11/5-Well so much for November IVF/ICS #4 one day work up.

Not going to happen, blah

Bellalou – 10/15 Made my appt for 12-4 to discuss what my plan will be. I know I'm going to need polyps & probably fluid removed. Hoping to do all this while my deductible is met!

Hi ladies!

Good luck to those ladies cycling!! 

((Hugs)) to everyone else who needs them!!

This check-in is open to anyone that is part of the SAIF community and is currently TTC again, either on their own, or via injectibles, IUI, IVF, adoption, etc. 

A check-in will be posted every week. Please reply to the check-in post if you would like to be added to the group. Each check-in will provide the opportunity for you to provide an update as to where you currently are in your TTC. 

Once you get pregnant please post about your first and second beta then move over to the pregnancy check in.

QOTW:  What are your favorite toys for when you travel? Favorite apps?

TTC, without meds, hoping for a wonderful "surprise!"

Jessylane8- I called the RE yesterday to make an appointment for the first week of January but their schedule isn't up yet. The nurse told me not to worry because I am an established patient, they will get me in a soon as I am ready to cycle. 

MrsAmyDylan-10/22- We had a good consult. It looks like we will do the clomid challenge + IUI in December (which will take care of all our pre-cycle testing. IVF in January, assuming the IUI doesn't work. . 

Lynnyloo- I just wanted to update that I got a BFP Thursday night. I'm in shock and have my first appointment on the 18th of November. Good luck to all you ladies!

Okitty-10/1-SAIF Lurker timidly stepping forward!: DH and I are somewhat trying for #2. DS is only 2 mos old today, and while I'm breastfeeding I realize our chances are low (no AF yet) but we aren't preventing. DS took 5 years and was a surprise during our adoption wait. We hope to be lucky and have an unmedicated BFP as we aren't up for any interventions. If not, we'll revisit our adoption plan when DS is 18 mos (per our agency's rule). 

Thosethreewords-We've been non-aggressively TTCing for about 6 weeks.  DS is 3 months and I'm going to start tapering down on BFing so I can start the process of preparing for IVF again in late winter/early spring.  But in the mean time we are hoping for a miracle BFP!

TTC, with treatments

Ann679-I had my retrieval yesterday.  I'm completely shocked.  They got 8 eggs and 6 of them fertilized.  That's more than my first 2 cycles combined.  Now I'm hoping for some good growth.  

Chiwifey- HSG on Friday to rule out fluid in my uterus which could interfere with implantation. Dr. Sch is perplexed about all of my blasts being normal and multiple failed cycles so he is having do the hsg and an endo biopsy to be safe rather than sorry. It freaks me out that he thinks there could be more than just my embryos as an issue. I feel like as soon I we fix one thing, here comes another problem... Geez!

EmAzeem- My b/w came back with elevated thyroid. They want it 1-2.5 mine is at 4.7. I'm on generic synthroid for 6w and retest. I'm really hoping it will be down! But of course my RE makes me nervous it won't be and says I might need to see an endocrinologist to control it. Also my vitamin d was low so I'm taking vitamin d supplement. I also did my saline u/s today luckily that seems to all look normal for now. If all goes well I'll be able to start my FET#2 my next cycle.

emwaiting – 6/18We are currently off all meds and just seeing what will happen on our own.  Praying for that little miracle to happen.  You know be one of those that can say "it will happen when you quit trying!" ha  I will be 6 wks tomorrow from my last period so that is frustrating that it won't come on it's own.  If it isn't here in another week then they will do a blood test to make sure I'm not prego and then do the meds to start my period.  Kinda hard to have that miracle without my period or ovulating.  We had to do IVF to get our DS so we are thinking we will have to go down that road again so time to save $$ again!  

fullfhope –10/22-had second scan today with my favorite Dr and she was so positive and upbeat, we saw a strong heartbeat and while are still measuring behind she said is less than a week behind and she thinks this is ok.  I have now graduated to OB. Next appointment is Nov. 3. Thank you ladies for your concern, much appreciated. 

itsmevkb -8/20- We did the transfer last Monday of our one little frosty and everything went smoothly.  Yesterday I tested and got a positive.  I'm literally shaking typing that out.  I'm scared.  Scared of something going wrong, scared of having a crappy beta on Wednesday, scared of where in the world we're fitting another baby into our house, scared of just everything both good and bad.  

JBDamonm- FET is scheduled for Friday at noon........ FX that this little one gets in and takes hold for the long haul. I am incredibly excited. I Was so apprehensive about jumping in again, I can't quite believe how excited I am with the possibiltiy of being pregnant again. 

June0609- ER was yesterday. We got 33 eggs which is awesome! First fert report was 18 possibly 19 fertilized normally which is twice the number I had for my first IVF. Next update will be Day 3 this Friday. I'm hoping I can fit in a transfer in December before the lab closed for the holidays. QOTW: I don't do Black Friday. We will be hosting Thanksgiving as usual and I get too tired to wake up early to shop the next day.

<span style="font-size: 10.5pt; font-fa

6 m/c
Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
Dec 12 Humira
Jan 2013 BFP
Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

Re: TTC CHECKIN 11/18

• Loading the player...
  • Hello all! Stepping in to update here--AF has shown, which is nuts to me as we are still EBF LO who's only 3.5 mos! I'm excited that my body seems to be working "normally" right now, and scared to death of 2u2 with a CSection! I hate that I'm afraid of another LO--infertility makes me feel so guilty sometimes and I despise that!

I would love to ask for prayers for my BFF who's been trying for 3 years and is in the middle of a clomid/TI cycle. It breaks my heart to have my LO and see her struggle. I want a pregnancy for her so badly, I cry just thinking about it! She's CD 19ish now, I haven't asked for any updates from her yet.

Anywho, thanks! Good luck and prayers to those who need it!!
    Trying to Add Baby #1 Since 12/2008
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    Spring 2010: 3 Clomid + TI
    Jan 2011: 2 Femara IUI's
    Summer 2011: 6 months of Chiropractic Therapy
    March 2012: Confirmed Agency, Meeting set
    July 2012: Homeopath consult (fail!)
    July 2012: Start of Agency Meetings/Paperwork
    October 2012: Agency Interview
    February 2013: Tenative Agency Training
    March 2013: Tenative Homestudy start date
  • @mofree - in my first IVF I had no symptoms at all in my 2WW- and it was a BfP. Tons and tons and tons of luck beta buddy

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• Had some mild panic today as I called the re and they said they hadn't received our sperm which was supposed to have arrived yesterday. Called the old re who said everything got off when it should've and they looked up the tracking number and said it was out for delivery. Called and asked the new re to check again/call me when it arrived. Then got a call from lab tech saying it had arrived and no sooner did I hang up than the receptionist called to say she checked with the nurses and it still wasn't there...I decided to trust the lab tech. Was not a confidence building experience but I also know how upset I was at the thought of the sperm being gone was a reminder that as much as I am denying it my heart is still in the game. But then tonight I am just feeling like I don't want to cycle. QOTW: he doesn't get anything in the car. He has learned to look out the window or nap (he is still rear facing and we regularly do a 3h drive to the in laws). He can also choose to hum along to the radio. He usually gets squirrelly at 2h40min. They have a few toys and books there so I don't bring anything. For plane rides I have brought a few toys and books but I haven't flown with him since 13m.
  • A little update, we have a frosty!!  They froze one embryo on day 6!  The others made it to early blast and then never expanded. :(  It is still hard to believe I have 1!

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Moving the weekend of Thanksgiving to the new state and temporary housing, a cottage.  And then to our new more permanent rental home in January.

Hoping my December holiday present is the ODWU for IVF/ICSI #4 since that is all I want.

QOTW: We drive long distances and never fly, there are fun magnetic activity boards, drawing type toys, books, fun lacing up toys and learning to tie shoes toys, we also have one of those toys were you have to shift the tube to move rainbow beads to find the various objects hidden inside, we also sing together with the radio.

H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"