April 2014 Moms
Options

Pulling up / when to lower mattress

Laurence has started pulling up holding my hands and is really into it and it has become almost automatic when she grabs my hands. She doesn't pull up using anything else yet and I don't even think she can reach the crib top rail to pull herself up but can't be sure.

Is it time to lower her mattress? When did you lower it/have you yet?

Re: Pulling up / when to lower mattress

• Options
    We lowered it once she was able to sit up, which I think were the instructions that came with our crib.

• Options
    I lowered it when he could sit himself up.  He was pulling up within the week.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    She sits but only if I put her in that position. She can't pull from laying down to seated yet though...
  • Options
    We dropped it as soon as LO looked like he was starting to reach to pull up (6 months?). If I've learned anything in the 8 months of parenting, one day you wake up and your LO is doing something brand new. You don't want to wake up with the kiddo on the floor!
    ~Chrissy 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We already dropped it. Like @Acers‌ said, it's something you'll keep putting off. We kept putting it off for about a week and I hounded DH about it. Sure enough, DS pulled himself to stand as we were lowering it.
  • Options
    We lowered it when he started sitting, which I believe was in the directions that came with our crib
  • Options
    Ok thanks ladybirds! Will be dropping it before bedtime tonight! :)
  • Options
    Lowered it when I walked into LO's room and she was standing up, hand on the rail. Happened last month I think.
  • Options
    I guess I need to lower his mattress.

• Options
    lookslike we need to lower the mattress. Any suggestions for motn. My guy still wakes 3-4 times a night and I have to put him down asleep or he will freak out. He put himself to sleep just fine but something about the motn that throws him. Anyway any tips on how to lower him in the bed without waking him? Someone mentioned a step stool?
  • Options
    Practice?
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    snowboundsnowbound member
    edited November 2014
    Step stool kind of freaks me out. Seems unsafe to me. I just get on my toes and lean my hips against the crib. It works for me. I'm not tall by any means either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"