April 2015 Moms
Options

1/25 chance (T&P) plz

i just want to ask for positive vibes and prayers sent my way. I went for some testing yesterday after receiving abnormal blood work for downs. I was so terrified and I panicked at the time, after going to get the detailed ultra sound the doctor said my chances went from 1/172 chance to 1/354 chance which made me feel better. After seeing how my baby had no markers in ultra sound I felt relieved. But then after I left the doctors I got a call from him saying that the baby's arms and legs were a tad bit shorter then normal. He is at a 8.5 and normal is 9.0. My chances then went from 1/354 to 1/25. I am lost, I don't know if I want more testing done, I figured I should just wait and see what is meant to happen. Once again I just wanted to ask for positives vibes from you all because i have been reading all the posts and I see how much support you all provided! Thank you.

Re: 1/25 chance (T&P) plz

• Options
    T&P for you. It's scary having to wait for answers.
  • Options
    T&P for you. I can't imagine but I know I've seen others say to remember there is a 24/25 chance of baby being fine! Keep your head up and keep us posted.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sending good vibes your way! Sorry you have to go through the anxiety of waiting. Personally I wouldn't do the extra testing only because it wouldn't change whether I would still have the baby or not but that is just me. Go with your gut and whatever is going to make you feel better. Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're having to go through this right now. Know that good thoughts and vibes are being sent your way for sure. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

photo b08c3c31-d34c-4d1d-9789-45f5d2ad8513_zpsdb1b5279.jpg

• Options

Sending my T&Ps your way. Do what you feel is right for your family.

BFP: 08.11.14   EDD: 04.11.15
    IT'S A GIRL!!!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I am sorry you have been on such an emotional roller coaster. It is such a hard decision on what to so next, but a lot of it depends on what you will do with the news and whether you can enjoy your pregnancy not knowing for sure what is going on.

If you are going to spend 20 weeks worrying about the unknown, maybe an amnio is your best option.
    imageimage
                                                                            A15 January Siggy Challenge- 

Workout/fitness fails 

• Options
    Sending you good vibes for a healthy baby. I, too, would discuss the possibility of an amnio given your chances. It's better to be prepared for a child that may have special needs, IMO. But follow your heart hon. All the best to you!
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers to you. Stay positive and keep busy so you aren't thinking about it all the time
  • Options
    Thinking of you, hopefully you get answers soon!

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm sorry you have to go through this worry, and I hope everything turns out ok. I agree with pp, it might provide you comfort to talk more with your doctor or a genetics counselor to discuss other testing options.
  • Options
    Prayers. I know first hand how stressful this can be. I had a positive screen with MDS. It was a long few weeks to hear he was ok.. And I was still even worried until he was born. He's was born with normal chromosomes. I'd ask for the verfi or similar DNA test for peace of mind. 1:25 seems like terrible odds.. Still in your favor by far though. Hold in to that for the meantime. My friend had a 1:4 odds and her DD is perfectly healthy. :) thanking of you. Sorry for the stress. :(
  • Options
    Sending positive thoughts your way. I would definitely speak with your doctor about all of your options. If you had the qaud screen instead of the Harmony/verifi, I would request one of those because they arr not invasive. 1/25 means there is still a 96% chance everything is okay.
    imageimage 
                                                                                January Siggy Challenge-Exercise Fail

• Options
    rsaj0807 said:
    T&Ps sent your way, dear. Keep your chin up and try to remain positive. I know, I know, easier said than done. I get all weepy and emotional when I see DS babies. I think they are the most beautiful kids in the world. Granted, life is harder for them, but with an awesome mommy like you, DS or not, that baby will take on the world!
    I feel the same way as you! OMG do they ever make me smile and tear up. God's special angels. The kids I have met are just filled with such wonder, delight and joy in life. So very sweet! I was ready to welcome DS with open and loving arms had he had DS. 
  • Options

So sorry you are going through this, thoughts & prayers for you!

• Options
    Sending T&Ps your way and hoping for the best!
  • Options
    So sorry you're going through this. T&P for you and your family.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. I know it's not easy not having answers, but either way you'll be an awesome, strong mom to an amazing baby. My thoughts and prayers are with you!
  • Options
    I've responded on lots of posts like yours so I won't type it all over again but if you click on my profile picture, you can see the posts and replies I've contributed.  In short, I have a 3 yr old son with Down Syndrome who regularly makes me tear up with joy!  We had a post birth diagnosis and I wish I'd found out prenatally.  The fact that the baby had no markers for Ds is great news and I'd make the assumption that your child will not have Ds but if you're going to worry, I'd suggest looking into more advanced testing.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    T&P!

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!

• Options
    I hope you get some calming answers soon. I have a special needs 11yr old and she brings me a lot of joy. Didn't find out until she was 2 mos old.
  • Options
    Lots of T&P for you and your family.  Hopefully, you will get some answers soon.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Jan Siggy Challenge: April 2015

image  image

Started dating: 7/4/00
    Married: 6/9/07
    TTC #1: 7/14
    BFP: 8/9/14

• Options
    Sending thoughts and prayers. Take care and keep us updated.

Baby #1: EDD:  5/31/08   DD born sleeping due to severe preeclampsia at 22 weeks 1/26/08
    Baby #2: EDD:  4/28/09   DS#1
    Baby #3: EDD:  5/26/11   DS#2
    Baby #4  EDD:  4/1/2015 

• Options
    Keeping you and the LO in my thoughts and prayers. Try your best to stay positive.
  • Options
    Thinking of you and your family. Hoping for good news for you.  Hugs!
  • Options
    Thinking of you
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're going through this worry. It can't be easy having all the odds thrown at you.
    This isn't the same situation but my 9 year old son is ADHD and Autistic. He can be a handful but as another bumpie said, it is a very rewarding job as a mother to provide and teach them how to thrive :)
    Try to stay positive and maybe even research some ways to cope being a mother of a newborn with downs. Its not something you can change but you can make it a positive and embrace it. The baby is still a part of you and hubby and you will still have unconditional love for your lil bundle :)
    Sending you hugs from Canada xo
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    T&P to you and your precious baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"