Attachment Parenting

Best carrier on airplane for 1-2 month old?

Hi! 

Any thoughts/advice on the best carrier for a 1-2 month old on the airplane?  I have a moby and ergo, but I feel like the moby is too much fabric and the ergo will be way too big and bulky for such a little baby.

Thanks!

CageyMack
37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

Re: Best carrier on airplane for 1-2 month old?

• I flew when DD was 3m, and used a stretchy wrap (not a moby, but similar). It wasn't too bulky, and kept us both warm on the flight!
  • I just flew across country with my 3 week now one month old DD. We used the maya sling wrap and it was a life savor! It made it really easy to slip on in the seat and wearing my DD on the flight was amazing! Since we had an overnight flight so it was great not having to hold her all the time!
  • Loading the player...
  • I flew when my daughter was 2 months and we used a ring sling. It was the best decision ever! She slept the entire time.
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't know if it's the best as I have nothing to compare it to but used a snuggli (probably quite old - got it at a consignment shop for 8 bucks) when flew when DD was 4.5 and 5.5 weeks old and it worked very well - no metal so went through security and lightweight/not bulky which is good in the cramped seat. Couldn't nurse her in it - a carrier that allowed nursing would have been even better - but otherwise it was great.

Sadly she's getting too tall for it now - no head support when she sleeps. Have to find something for longer trip coming up when she'll be 9 months old.
    Me: 39  DH: 44  together since 2000 married 9/2004 TTC #1 since 2/2012
    BFP #1 6/5/2012  m/c 6/15/2012 about 5w3d   BFP #2 6/?/2013 m/c 7/1/2013 5w 3d
    BFP #3 8/25/2013  EDD 5/7/2014    DD A. born 5/8/2014!!  Love!!!!
  • Just wanted to share that you mums are so courageous to travel just like that with the baby! It's a mind-blowing experience for me even to read all your posts. 
  • When she was that teeny, I liked using a stretchy wrap because I could just take her in and out, and leave it tied. Plus it was warm on a chilly plane.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"