January 2014 Moms

Best Sign Language Book?

Anyone else going to teach baby sign language? I have a few friends who swear by it! Their kids are all a bit older and they don't remember what books they used. I'm curious if anyone has done this, and if they have a book they recommend? There are so many to choose from!

Baby Girl Koa Lynn, and big brother Hershey

Re: Best Sign Language Book?

• I have been doing sign language for about 3 months and DD just signed back to me for the first time today!  She did the sign for more.  I am really excited because I hate the sound of her frustrated cry.  I am hoping that by being able to communicate through sign language, there will be less frustration. 

I checked out a couple different books from the library, but wasn't thrilled with any of them.  I memorized the signs for milk, more, eat, and water and I have been doing those.  I think I will start to add a few more in. 
  • No help with books but dd just signed to me 'all gone' today for the first time too. I was also v excited!
    I took one class with her months ago & I just throw in a few signs I learnt at it every now & again so I was quite surprised to see her do it back. Going to do more classes & watch sign time on pbx more often too.
    Also there's a thing in fb called Tiny sign. I signed up for a free class with them but never ended up taking it. Not sure if it's free all the time or not tho. GL
  • Loading the player...
  • We've been using signs with M for a while and he's starting to sign himself. No books here. I got a couple free apps on my phone and we've focused one basics per internet suggestions - milk, eat, more, all done, mom, and dad. We've also enjoyed some of the Signing Time (PBS/Netflix) episodes since there's a lot of singing, but the signs are too advanced for him right now.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• I mostly used the internet. We've only been doing a few simple signs and she signs "all gone" and understands others like eat, drink, more...
  • I'm still teaching DS signs for basic things I googled but he has yet to sign back. Plus I don't know if he understands. I'm taking my time with it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the Sign Babies book. I like how it's laid out. I recommend only starting with a couple signs at first.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"