September 2014 Moms

Father Fails

After I just pulled a baby wash cloth out of the dish disposal, I feel like we need this thread. My DH has had many wtf moments* but sometimes he fails so hard I have to give him the win just laugh. What has your DH/BF/SO/Partner done that has left you shaking your head?

*i can only poke fun because DH has been a lifesaver and super helpful.

Re: Father Fails

• The washcloth was the final straw that prompted the thread but my latest favorite was noticing the diaper genie had been changed. "Oh that was nice of him!" I thought. Then I see an empty canister and think "I'm pretty sure that one is fairly new..." So I ask him and he confesses "yeah, i kept pulling and the bag just kept coming...!" Ok so you didn't know to cut it, fine. I'll give you a pass. So the new roll of bags is in place and I try to show him how to do it properly. First thing I notice when I open the canister is the knot is about 12" up the bag. But what really baffled me is there's like a 6" diameter ball of wadded up bag inside, under the first diaper. We both just kinda stared at it. Smh. I don't even know what went on there. Diaper genie fail.
  • Not really a fail, but just a funny moment, my SO, after changing the baby, buttoned the baby's onesie on top of his pants :) I turned around and looked at my SO with a baffled look and his response was "what difference does it make?" Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO was only about two weeks old, we went to Target together and put the car seat in the cart. Our target is two floors, so they have the escalator for the carts. I start walking toward the elevator and my DH looks at me like I am crazy and says "where are you going? The escalator is over here."

He was about to send our newborn up the escalator in the shopping cart!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My husband put our two year old in a size one diaper on more then one occasion because he just didn't notice, thankfully she's potty trained so it's just mostly at nap and bed time.
  • When DD1 was born he went with her to the nursery for her first bath. He had the hardest time getting her shirt on... He has yet to live it down and it's been over 8 years. (I have it on video... Blackmail!)

Found this the other day and sent him the picture. He was not amused...

That is so awesome!!!
  • Read these instead of cleaning the bathroom! So funny

The first thing my SO did to make me go hmmmmm was suggesting the infant car seats go in forward facing ! I silently SMH ,
  • My DH can also join the "doesn't change diaper fast enough so LO pees all over" club. I pretty much just stand to the side with a new onesie in hand haha He will get it eventually :)

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH still folds down the front of the diaper like we did when LO had her umbilical stump. Makes me giggle. I'm not sure how effective these "low rise" diapers would be against an epic poo. Luckily, I haven't had to find out, yet.

image Baby Girl born September 23, 2014

• When I was pregnant my dh asked "so when are you considered full tilt? Tilt? Do you mean full term? Silly dh.
  • I love this thread
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

S14 August Siggy Challenge.....ALL OF THE ALCOHOLS

• wieb67 said:
    We use cloth diapers and the bin the dirty ones go in is literally a foot from the changing table. In the middle of the night, my husband insists on putting the dirty diaper on the floor instead of throwing it in the bin. Wtf?? I can't tell you how many times I've almost stepped in shit.

I am guessing you don't have pets.
  • My DH keep piling used pee diapers in a bowl we keep on tge changer meant to house nasty diapers till you clean DS up and have a free hand to wrap/ toss them. He seems to be blind to the fact that he leaves them there and just keeps piling. Sort of as an experiment I quit throwing them in the diaper pail ( 1 ft away mind you) and the stack became the leaning tower of pee-za.
    Lilypie - (JLjB)

• The first time DH changed DDs diaper he wore gloves bc she pooped and put the diaper on backwards, after he had asked me "which way does the diaper go?"
  • SanRemo said:

wieb67 said:

We use cloth diapers and the bin the dirty ones go in is literally a foot from the changing table. In the middle of the night, my husband insists on putting the dirty diaper on the floor instead of throwing it in the bin. Wtf?? I can't tell you how many times I've almost stepped in shit.

I am guessing you don't have pets.

The problem is we DO! Lol luckily our dog is in a crate during the night and I usually catch it before she manages to get in the nursery. Lord knows she'd love to stick her nose in some baby shit.
  • My DH put LO's sleeper on upside down once. Didn't notice until he tried to put his arms in and realized the sleeves had feet! I heard loud laughing coming from the nursery then he called me in to show me what he'd done. Also, we've both forgotten to put a fresh diaper on before doing his sleeper back up. Miraculously both times we noticed before he peed all over us :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"