Multiples
Options

BTDT MoMs - Hospital Bag

MissEm15MissEm15 member
edited November 2014 in Multiples
With my latest stint in the hospital and now being on bed rest at 28w, my DH and I think it might be smart to pack my hospital bag early. BTDT MoM's.. what were you glad you packed, what did you wish you had, what did you bring for the babes? If it makes a difference, I will most likely be delivering c/s. 
TIA!
Edit to add: I'm due in January (if I make it that far) & it's already freezing in the midwest!

****siggy warning****

Me 29/ DH 28
DH- MFI (low count, 2-3% morph)

IUI #1 January - Clomid, Ovidrel: BFN
IUI #2 February - Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel: BFP 1st beta-25, 2nd beta-56, 3rd beta-45, miscarriage
IUI #3 April - CD3 U/S 4-10. Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel CD11 - Cancelled.. TI w/5 follicles-BFN
IUI #3.1 May - CD3 U/S 5-6, Follistim start 5-11 thru 5-17, u/s 5-18 3 mature w/ a close 4th, IUI 5-20 - BFP!
             Beta #1 12dpo - 164 & progesterone - 89!, Beta #2 16 dpo - 1189, 5w3d - u/s shows TWINS!
             6/19- u/s showed heartbeats! Baby A 111 & Baby B 118, both measuring 6w1d
             7/3- Baby A hb 170, Baby B hb 166 - both measuring perfect.
             7/18 - Baby A 165, Baby B 171 - both measuring right on track & moving all around!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: BTDT MoMs - Hospital Bag

• Options
    I have a couple of pair of over the belly leggings and a couple of nursing gowns in the case that I decide to stop sporting the lovely hosptial gowns. A bathrobe in case I get cold, I originally had a cardigan but I didn't want to chance messing it up. Ha! A pair of croc sandals for walking about and wearing in the shower. Little bottles of my favorite toiletries. Brush, hair ties, simple make-up in the case of vanity, and lots of Chapstick. For the babies, a couple cute outfits for pictures and going home outfits, my hospital provides everything else for them.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had a c/s and my boys were in the NICU- which at my hospital was a floor down.  WE lived only 10 minutes away from the hospital and my husband went home 2 times a day to take care of our dogs, so I found things I didn't pack easy to obtain.  But I will say since I had to go to the NICU, I felt that if I had some of my clothes on I felt way more comfortable and less exposed.  So I had one pair of my maternity yoga pants in my bag already- but I had my husband bring my other 3 pairs (I had a 5 day stay because of complications from a drug reaction and continuing high blood pressure)  I also wore my nursing tanks- this way I could still nurse and pump easily but still was comfy in my yoga pants and tanks.  I also had a robe and a jacket type thingy that instead of zipping it tied around you at the waist.All were comfy but I felt more like myself in when I was in the NICU.  Also slippers- can't say enough about slippers with hard soles- I had to wear mine home since I was so swollen from my knees down.  Also my yoga pants and tanks were black and my jacket was dark gray.  Although I had no real issues with the PP bleeding- it was just like a heavy period. I also brought my own toiletries (including a little make up), hair brush, hair ties, lap top, camera, cell phone, chargers, chapstick and lotion.  I went home in what I arrived in- a pair of maternity jeans, t-shirt, and a cardigan- I was on bedrest too and this is what I changed into to go to the hospital. 
    Since my boys were in the NICU, they provided everything- even clothing.  They actually preferred that you don't bring your own.  When it was time for them to go home,17 days later, I brought a bag of things for them and the nurses and I dressed them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    As pp said your toiletries are essential. I also brought my blow dryer and straightener for my hair. I hate wet hair so they are a must. In the hospital paperwork it said not to bring them but the nurses were fine with it.

The hospital will provide pretty much everything you need. The only thing mine didn't was nursing pads. But DH was back and forth to take care of ds so I would just send him a list of what I needed.

A lot of items you can't pack ahead of time like chargers, cell phone, etc, so make a list of all last minute items that need to go.

For the babies I just needed going home outfits. At first they don't let them wear clothes in the nicu and when they do they had clothes but I could bring mine if I wanted. They asked to put their initials on he clothes and not bring anything important. I did get all my clothes back but sometimes you don't.
    Diagnosed MFI- low sperm count  
    DS-Born 7/27/11 After 2 years of IF we have our little man
    TTC#2 January 2013
    11 Medicated cycles gave us
    B/G Twins born 10/8/14 @ 32 weeks
  • Options
    oh boy I wrote a long post about this, let me find it!
    ********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    ********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    I delivered via C-Section and this is what I would pack again:
    -Maternity Pajamas x2 (the ones with the nursing tank and the loose cardigan)
    -Stretch socks
    -Travel toiletries (shampoo/conditioner, razor, soap, loofa, deodorant, toothbrush & paste)
    -Going home outfit (I packed a cute one to make me feel human, but looser clothes would have been better) & loose shoes
    -Nursing bra

I was VERY swollen from the IV, so loose everything was great.  My hospital provided undies and pads and the hospital gown for the first two days.

For baby, the hospital had everything.  I put them into pajamas (NOT a cute outfit) for going home.  
    image    image    image    image

• Options
    Everyone else has this covered (yoga pants with a high loose waist, baggy tanks/tshirts) but definitely less is more in this case. 

I think I packed one pair of pants, two shirts, toiletries, chargers and phone/camera. Oh, and slippers because cold feet suck. 

I saw a (full term) lady walk in with a rolling suitcase...and not a carry on size either. I ended up staying on hospital bed rest for a week and didn't have as much as she did just for L&D!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"