March 2014 Moms

Gifts for lo

What does everyone plan to get lo for Xmas/holidays?? My family is asking me what she needs or what toys to get her and I am kinda unsure of what she might want or need. I started a Amazon wish list that I can send out but I need to add more things. What are the best toys for lo in the upcoming months?

Re: Gifts for lo

• If I can find it for a deal image
  • Omg that is adorable @WisconsinCheese12‌!! I'm adding it to my list!

We're asking for an activity table, activity walker thing, blocks, baby puzzles, tea party set, books, clothes, and diapers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • aga60154aga60154 member
    edited November 2014

I was actually looking for the same toy online, found at K-Mart for $39.99

plus, you can use KIDFUN code for additional $5.00 off :)

https://www.kmart.com/laugh-learn-crawl-around-8482-car/p-004W005885532001P

BabyFruit Ticker

• That car is on our wish list too (MIL got it)  I got her some stacking trains, a shapes bucket (put shapes in the same shaped holes), Baby einstines turtle orchestra, and the buggie toy (has 3 balls that as you chase it down and put them in the ladybug it counts, when it hits a wall it opens up and releases them),  My parents got her a stuffed rocking chair (its Bullseye from Toy story), 

I have requested educational type toys, but no laptops or tablet type toys.  And no stuffed animals 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We're going to try to minimize the large plastic toys (but that car looks cute!) I'm planning to get him mainly books, puzzles, and maybe a few stuffed animals. I'm sure the grandparents will do whatever they want though. 

I really like the idea of a little chair - @younglove316 or @alfriedeck, can you find a link for the chair you are talking about?
  • imageimageimageimage

This is what got ordered the other day. Along with an activity walker/push cart. But I'm already thinking about how she needs a toy box for all this junk!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• The pottery barn kids one is awesome I had a friend who had two and personalized them so cute I think I am waiting till 1 year for that. I hate stuffed animals so telling grandparents to not get any...she already has enough. I think I am going to get her a baby doll. She loves the baby doll at a class we go to.
    Anyone have ideas for some indoor kinda like climbing play toys maybe something similar to what you might find at a Gymboree place?
  • I love Melissa and Doug toys and puzzles. The best. 
    Domesticated: 1 Hubs; 2 sons; 3 cats; & Broke

• LO loved the tunnel at kidville, so I think we'll get her one. Grandparents are getting her the walk behind activity toy. We have a few other toys on an Amazon wish list, but I'm really trying to think of gifts that aren't toys.
    TTC since December 2011
    Me: 29 ovulatory disorder
    DH: 30 MFI - low everything

IUI #1: 11/5/12 BFN
    December IUI cancelled due to cyst
    IUI #2: 1/8/13 BFN

IVF in April 2013 transferred one beautiful blast on 4/13
    Beta #1 4/22: BFP!! 33 Beta #2 54 Beta #3 70 Beta #4 83 Beta #5 105. Possible ectopic, MTX and M/C 5w4d

FET 6/21 - Beta #1: 79 BFP!! Beta #2: 253 U/S 7/12: saw the sac! U/S #2 7/19 great heartbeat of 127!! U/S #3 heartbeat of 154! U/S #4 graduated to OB

EDD 3/9/14

imageimage

• I got my neice the "lost my name book"  its real cute and personalized
  • Just ordered this
  • We have soooo many toys from DS1. I just got some more toys from an online ad private sale (I posted about it in the newest random thread the other day). LO is loving DS1's toys. My biggest issue is keeping DS1 from taking the toys from LO.
    I also have no need for clothes since he is wearing what DS1 wore a year ago.
    I am taking a couple of my favourite onesies that he has outgrown and making them into little cuddle pillows. (Actually doing this for both boys. I will use a larger tshirt for DD's)
  • I'm not sure what we're doing yet. I would love to get the bouncing/ride-on elephant because Keira loves to bounce, but we already have at least 3 ride-on toys so I can't justify it. The grandparents went crazy with DS1 so we don't really need much. Maybe they will get convertible car seats for Christmas :).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The pottery barn kids one is awesome I had a friend who had two and personalized them so cute I think I am waiting till 1 year for that. I hate stuffed animals so telling grandparents to not get any...she already has enough. I think I am going to get her a baby doll. She loves the baby doll at a class we go to.
    Anyone have ideas for some indoor kinda like climbing play toys maybe something similar to what you might find at a Gymboree place?

We are waiting on the pottery barn chair until the first birthday too.
  • My mom gave this to LO the other day and it's a great toy. The pig counts as you place coins in it. I recommend it!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CQHYZNS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1416451383&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX200_QL40
  • We have soooo many toys from DS1. I just got some more toys from an online ad private sale (I posted about it in the newest random thread the other day). LO is loving DS1's toys. My biggest issue is keeping DS1 from taking the toys from LO. I also have no need for clothes since he is wearing what DS1 wore a year ago. I am taking a couple of my favourite onesies that he has outgrown and making them into little cuddle pillows. (Actually doing this for both boys. I will use a larger tshirt for DD's)
    So how do you go about turning them into cuddle pillows,  This seems like a great idea as gifts for the grandma's and a few cute onesies I have kept..
  • @NewMomma8‌ perfect!! I've got my old 4 sitting in my ihome for Pandora around the house. But I figure it'll be nice to have around. I normally only let her play on the iPad during cartrips, so hopefully she likes the phone too! Any good app recs?
    BabyFetus Ticker

• fish8412 said:
    My mom gave this to LO the other day and it's a great toy. The pig counts as you place coins in it. I recommend it! https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CQHYZNS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1416451383&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX200_QL40
    Levi has this too and loves it! 

We are getting Levi a push car and stacking toys.  

• SurpriseAt39 said:
    I am taking a couple of my favourite onesies that he has outgrown and making them into little cuddle pillows. (Actually doing this for both boys. I will use a larger tshirt for DD's)

So how do you go about turning them into cuddle pillows,  This seems like a great idea as gifts for the grandma's and a few cute onesies I have kept..

-------
    I haven't done it yet, I need to buy the filling, but my plan/idea is to sew the neckline and sleeves closed, stuff the pillow in (or loose filling) then sew the bottom straight across.
    I may leave it so just the snaps close it. I haven't fully decided yet. I'll have to see if I get one made this weekend.

I will post pics when I am done.
  • aga60154 said:

I was actually looking for the same toy online, found at K-Mart for $39.99

plus, you can use KIDFUN code for additional $5.00 off :)

https://www.kmart.com/laugh-learn-crawl-around-8482-car/p-004W005885532001P

Bummer we got it already I didn't see your code post til just now
  • Oh and we got it yesterday at Kmart, I just happened to have the screen shot for walmart saved but also saw this deal
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"