Detroit Babies

Possibly moving to Ann Arbor Area...

Hi! We are possibly moving to the Ann Arbor area next summer and was wondering if you guys could help me out with some info? What are the neighborhoods/communities like? What are the school districts like? I have a 11 year old ds (will have just turned 12), are there schools that you would recommend? Pediatricians (also have a 5 1/2 mnth dd)?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Possibly moving to Ann Arbor Area...

• I've heard very good things about Ann Arbor schools, although I don't know enough to recommend one over another.  I worked in Saline, which is near AA, a few years back and their schools were also very nice.

• Loading the player...
  • I do not live in the Ann Arbor area, but I have gone to college out there and have many?friends?out that way. I have heard good thing about the Ann Arbor schools and Saline schools. A couple other areas out that way that I have good things about the schools is Pinckney and Chelsea. I am not sure where you will be looking. I know we plan to move over to that area within the next year or two and we are planning on looking in these areas. One school district that I would stay away from is the Ypsilanti?schools. I have not heard very good thing about them from friends that we know?whose?kids have gone there. ?
  • Saline MI is also very nice.  It is next to Ann Arbor and was voted one of the best or safest cities last year (2008). 
  • Saline is the most conservative area around Ann Arbor.  Ann Arbor schools themselves are too progressive for my taste and DH's. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"