Pregnant after IF
Options

Anyone with c/s scar defect (aka pouch, niche, isthmocele)???

After a m/c 2 years ago and secondary infertility thereafter, I was told that I have a 'defect' in my c/s scar. It's like a pocket that collects blood, etc. &, apparently, creates an environment not suitable for implantation. I've had 2 failed procedures to correct the problem. I don't know what else to do at this point and am looking for any others w the same issue as me for advice. Thanks!!!

Answers

• Options
    It appears as though I'm having the same problem. Had zero issues conceiving my first child and now it has been 15 months since we started trying for #2. I had a miscarriage a year ago and haven't been able to get pregnant since. I even did IVF and my first transfer failed....I have 4 frozen embryos. However, I'm afraid to have them implanted because of the fluid in my uterus due to this niche. They've been draining the fluid but, honestly, I don't feel confident that this is going to work (I have an IUI tomorrow). Were you ever able to get pregnant yet? Any new answers?
  • Options
    I would look up the top person in the country for this issue and call them for a consult.
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    There is a poster on 2IF that is going through this. If you are diagnosed with secondary infertility, it's a great, supportive board to intro on and share experiences. 

I never had any confirmed fluid but I'm still convinced my c-section and scarring attributed to my 2IF.

Best of luck to you.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

VOTE on my Name List

• Options
    Were you ever able to get pregnant for a second time, Steph1673?
  • Options
    Were you ever able to get pregnant for a second time, Steph1673?
    I am currently 7 weeks pregnant after almost 2 years of trying. Unexplained secondary infertility. We had 3 failed letrozole IUIs (2 BFN and one CP) and we were set to do our 4th IUI when it got converted to TI and gave us a miracle BFP last month.

But I still think my c-section accounted for some of the "unexplained" nature; four years ago/pre c-section we got pregnant after just two cycles of TI with OPKs the first time around. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

VOTE on my Name List

• Options
    Congrats on your wonderful news!! That's so awesome! Yes, I definitely think c/s can be to blame. I got pregnant with my daughter on the first try and now we are still waiting for #2.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"