April 2014 Moms
Options

Pro-choice

So I was looking for a local organization that takes and distributes newborn supplies/clothing to underprivileged new moms. I was hoping to find one that is not faith based, because I'm not that into organized religion, but so far, no luck. The one whose work I like best is very pro-life, even anti birth control, which is definitely not me. But they seem really commited to wholistic help... Pre and post medical, job search, housing, food and clothing until age 2. So do I ignore the politics?

Re: Pro-choice

• Options
    I agree with pp. Babies don't choose to be born to moms who use that organization.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have a very similar organization here. Even though I don't agree with it all, they still get all of the hand me downs I want to get rid of.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yea. I'm sure there are many pro choice moms that look for services from that organization because of what they offer, not because of their stance on abortion and such. A good organization is a good organization. Not every family sees it as "Look, we're pro-life and look at all the good! We do good cuz God!" People need what they need. Your helping the families, not the idea.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    You guys are right. It's not like they can turn diapers and onsies into congressional seats, lol!
  • Options
    If a group of people is doing legitimately good work to help other people in need I will happily donate or work along side them, regardless of their political or religious affiliations

My church and the Catholic Church teach very different doctrine, but they work together on humanitarian efforts

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with all of the above. Those babies still need stuff, so to me, donating is a good choice. All they're going to do with your items is help people.
  • Options
    Agreed! I am much more ok with donating items to an organization who will distribute them free of charge to families in need than to one who will charge folks for them and then get away with paying disabled employees less than the minimum wage.
  • Options
    Agreed. A friend of mine works in a group home and she tells me her "ladies" love the feeling of accomplishment they get from working. But their disabilities are such that they would never be hired if they had to get minimum wage. None of them are working when they don't want to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"