December 2013 Moms

Spammy Tuesday

I'll make the first spam thread in a while.

Re: Spammy Tuesday

• I'm on the FB group but I'm too busy to most much there either. I have so much going on and DH has requested I spend less time on here.
  • I'm really about to give up on TB.  It's just depressing when I come on here.  I'm not big on the more general boards because I liked being part of a board where we all had LOs the same age.  So I'm considering just making my exit and coming back when/if I'm pregnant with #2, hopefully within the next year. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This board does make me sad now. :(
  • Yeah it's depressing coming on here. This is my last LO, so if I leave I won't be coming back. I'm actually suprised that many people left for the fb group.
  • I thought it would be balanced like redux but it's not.
  • I'm here. I don't want to join Facebook.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Last night around midnight I heard yelling and woke up. I looked outside (didn't have contacts or glasses on) and saw 4 guys/teenagers yelling and running around like crazy. I also saw a car empty with it's lights on parked in the middle of the street right behind my backyard. I couldn't tell what was going on. All of a sudden a car pulls up and the 4 kids jumped in and sped off, then about 2 minutes later someone came and got in the car and left. I thought I saw and heard them fighting and throwing stuff. I also thought I saw one guy hitting the car. I was freaked out. Since I didn't have my glasses on I couldn't tell what was going on. I go back to bed and hear police cars about 10 minutes later. Scary. We live in a sketchy area, so I was already worried before last night.
  • Julia, was there anything in the police blotter about what happened ? It should be there over the next few days.
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Yeah. That's crazy Julia!!
  • Last night around midnight I heard yelling and woke up. I looked outside (didn't have contacts or glasses on) and saw 4 guys/teenagers yelling and running around like crazy. I also saw a car empty with it's lights on parked in the middle of the street right behind my backyard. I couldn't tell what was going on. All of a sudden a car pulls up and the 4 kids jumped in and sped off, then about 2 minutes later someone came and got in the car and left. I thought I saw and heard them fighting and throwing stuff. I also thought I saw one guy hitting the car. I was freaked out. Since I didn't have my glasses on I couldn't tell what was going on. I go back to bed and hear police cars about 10 minutes later. Scary. We live in a sketchy area, so I was already worried before last night.

Yikes that is scary. Do you have an alarm system?

• I looked at the news this morning but didn't see anything. I couldn't tell what was going on but it looked like a fight had gotten out of hand. I don't have an alarm system. We are renting a townhouse and only are here until February. This car was just parked, lights on, running in the middle of the street and then guys running around and yelling. Maybe a carjacking? It was weird.
  • lisab613lisab613 member
    edited November 2014

I'm really about to give up on TB.  It's just depressing when I come on
    here.  I'm not big on the more general boards because I liked being part
    of a board where we all had LOs the same age.  So I'm
    considering just making my exit and coming back when/if I'm pregnant
    with #2, hopefully within the next year. 

Me too. I'm already on my phone way too much anyway.

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

image image

• I agree TB is nearly dead, and this from a very inconsistent poster. I definitely miss the days where there were more than 3 threads posted each day. 

Sunday night, in the middle of the night, I fell down the stairs trying to deal with my asshole dog. She got up around 1 to pee and then half hour later was whining to come into our bed. She sleeps downstairs on either her bed or the couch and we close the baby gate at night. Around 3 she was whining to come up again and scratching the stairs. I got up to put her back to bed and fell down the stairs. WTF dog. 

• I think if we each made an effort to make posts instead of just giving up and leaving then we could at least still talk to those who want to be here. I am in a FB Dec13 babies group (not the one just made) and I still come here daily. If you ladies do decide to leave I will miss you! This is my last LO though so my last chance to be here on TB. 
  • @juliagulia38‌ hopefully it was just s bunch of kids goofing off and nothing violent.

I think I got the boot from the FB page. :( All the sudden I'm no longer part of the group. I prefer the format of TB better than FB but participated in FB because there isn't much going on here.
  • I'm still here! I'm mad that TB has reverted my username back. I check in daily here:)

• Just got back from getting my hair fixed.  I got it cut and colored about 10 days ago.  There were some long pieces on the front (trendy points on my bob) and I didn't like them. SOOOOO, I decided to "fix" it myself.  OMG!! I f-ed up big time.  Now I have pretty short hair.  I love it.  Hubby is dealing with it.  LOL 

Beckett Rilee & Caitlyn Leigh born 9-21-13 @ 27w due to PPROM

• I am here, I find it hard to log in through out the day and to will not keep me logged in. So our unwelcome house guest is gone, SO took care of that thank goodness. Also my dad is complaining of feeling light headed, hopefully it is nothing to be too concerned about but I am still worried after Friday.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • sweetsyrupsweetsyrup member
    edited November 2014

@ameegee How is work going!?  Are you seeing lots of clients!?  I have to admit, I am jealous!  I would love to be doing more counseling.

It's been freaking cold here (below zero windchill every day for the past week almost).  I'm done with winter. But on the bright side---it's opening weekend of deer hunting on Saturday! It's always my favorite "holiday".  No matter what, everyone is always around.  I do hunt, but also spend enough time sleeping in my stand.

I'm attempting to make cookies for above noted holiday.  Apparently I forgot how to bake in the last 11 months.  That skill decided to leave, along with my ability to comprehend anything/everything.

I've been lurking on TTGP since we're NTNP, but don't have the balls to post an intro yet.  I still haven't had a PP period so there's not really a whole lot going on at this point.  H wants to be done having kids by the time he's 40....so they have to be kind of close together. 

On a tech note--so the app doesn't ever let me write replies to posts.  I get one letter and that's it.  Anyone else have that issue or am I spechul or just seriously technologically challenged?

edited because paragraphs.  And holy dear diary.

• I loved my hair short you will too @rkcaraway‌ @Kermode61581‌ thankfully your guest is gone. They give me the shudders!!!! @sweetsyrup‌ were way colder right now then we have been in a decade. The cold is bitter and gets to your bones. After seeing pics on my FB of NY though I am not going to complain. I feel bad for those folks.
  • I'm still here. I check in every day but don't have much to discuss and nothing else going on to comment on.

For today's spam - I'm fighting mastitis which I've had since Sunday! No idea what caused it and why I can't break up the blockage. This sucks.
  • I'm here today. Had to go to the dentist this morning to check up on my root canal I had, and stopped at Einstien Bros on the way home. Now watching QVC! I LOVE QVC. Haha I'm a dork.
  • I have a dentist appointment in a couple weeks. I hate the dentist. @juliagulia38‌

@sweetsyrup‌ I have only had one client so far. But it's only been about 2 weeks and it will pick up for sure in January. I really like it so far. And I'm actually glad I'm not too busy right now with work because I have so much to do to finish off this semester and get ready to apply to internships.

@musicnmoon123‌ that's how mastitis hit me. I finally went to the doc when my fever went over 102.
  • @katebusse‌ I noticed it changed and I thought I was going crazy. I'm glad I'm not.
  • I'm here today as well.  I'm starting to get a little concerned with Julia's eating.  The only table foods she will eat are cheerios, small bits of shredded cheese, and sometimes baked apples.  She'll also suck on green beans.  She has no interest in anything else 99% of the time.  She likes her baby food and baby cereal but not "real" food.  We keep trying different things, and she just plays with it or ignores it completely.  I don't know how we're going to start transitioning her off the bottle at a year if she doesn't want to eat real food.  She also isn't good with the pincher grip - she pretty much still uses her whole fist to pick things up.  Maybe I'm just a nervous FTM but it seems she's much farther behind than most babies her age when it comes to eating.
  • I'm here today as well.  I'm starting to get a little concerned with Julia's eating.  The only table foods she will eat are cheerios, small bits of shredded cheese, and sometimes baked apples.  She'll also suck on green beans.  She has no interest in anything else 99% of the time.  She likes her baby food and baby cereal but not "real" food.  We keep trying different things, and she just plays with it or ignores it completely.  I don't know how we're going to start transitioning her off the bottle at a year if she doesn't want to eat real food.  She also isn't good with the pincher grip - she pretty much still uses her whole fist to pick things up.  Maybe I'm just a nervous FTM but it seems she's much farther behind than most babies her age when it comes to eating.

Morgan is similar. She won't eat anything. Not even baby food. She will "snack" and eat like 2 bites at dinner and that's it. DS was eating 3 meals so I don't know how to transition to cows milk. I have WIC but will probably get taken off because I started a job. Just remember that each baby is different and you can't compare. It's hard. I catch myself comparing DS with LO. Truth is they are two different babies and do things at their own pace.
  • Please tell me if I sound like a jerk.
    For Thanksgiving we are suppose to go over to SIL's house. They are house parents and have two foster girls. (teenagers) My nieces (5 & 2) don't get along with DS. They love LO. Things get pretty hectic and crazy when we are all together. DH and I don't like hanging out with SIL and BIL. 1- because we don't get along, 2- our kids don't get along. It's not a fun thing but we hang out because we are family. There is a lot more back story but that would get too long. So should we go? We don't want to but i feel like this is one of those instances where we have to suck it up because it's family. I told DH we should go, eat and then leave and hang out with our friends. We wanted to do Thanksgiving with mentioned friends but I feel like my MIL would be pissed if we did that. Whatcha think?
  • I'm here just busy with school, working a lot of overtime and the girls are doing softball and volleyball.
  • Im so pissed. I ordered a shirt for Aaron from etsy. the seller said allow 3 weeks. i ordered 4 weeks before the birthday. she said it shipped a week ago. supposedly from southern CA, Im in northern CA. Now he doesnt have a birthday shirt. I asked the seller for a refund. I'm very angry. the seller has LOTS of transactions and 209 5 star reviews. so upset. 

• @74dragonfly - Happy Birthday, Aaron!  I would be pissed, too!  You allowed more than enough time than what she specified.  Does she have a tracking # for the package? 
  • @74dragonfly‌, I would be pissed. You allowed plenty of time. I would want a refund. And echoing what @sleepymonkey‌ said- does she have a tracking number?
  • @juliagulia38 - That's a tough situation.  Can you tell your MIL that you already made plans with your friends for Thanksgiving?  If MIL gets pissed, will she get over it easily or hang it over your head for a long time?  That would probably be a deciding factor for me.
  • Shouldn't have changed color...
  • I'm here, actually have a day off...feels very strange and a little hard to believe. Apparently for a school district that has almost 200 teachers and less than 2 dozen subs I was not needed today. Hmmm oh well.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @juliagulia38‌ I wouldnt go plain n simple :)
  • P.s. Guise- what color is bmilk at this point....

The same as it's always been for me
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"