July 2014 Moms
Options

11/17 MBF

Re: 11/17 MBF

• Options
    Broke my foot yesterday.  It's raining today and DH is leaving for a business trip until Thursday.  This week is going to be awesome with a toddler and infant.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pouring rain when I have to go to the post office with the baby. They needs drive up window here.
  • Options
    I don't know if it's part of his 4 month sleep regression or not but DS has been waking up around 4 or 4:30am for the past few days and WILL NOT GO BACK TO SLEEP. I was so spoiled with being able to nurse him back to sleep during late night/early morning wake ups. :(

I'm thinking we may need to move bedtime up again. Maybe he is just overtired with his current bedtime.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    I have to get shots in my knees today. The extra fluid makes me walk like a drunk sailor and the President of our company is in the office. I don't want him to be all "WTF is wrong with her?"

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Not only did we get 2-3" inches of snow last night (it's freaking mid-November, Mother Nature!) but said snow caused half of a pear tree in our yard to split/fall over, nearly taking out part of our fence. Got a quote for $1K to remove the tree but they won't be out to do it until tomorrow. So I get to sit in my house all day and worry that the other half of the tree is going to fall toward/onto the house. It's going to be a loooong winter...
  • Options
    I woke up with bronchitis. So yeah, Eff my life.

And my toddler is CRANKY!! managed to wrestle her back into bed for some more sleep....hoping she stays there a bit so I can get a quick shower once I get her sister down for a nap
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    I've averaged 70 hours a week since coming back from maternity leave 5 weeks ago. The only time I see the kids is when I come out of my officer to nurse DS2.  So DS1 is acting out all over the place from jealousy. And 3 weeks ago DS2 decided that waking up 2 times a night was fun. My whole body hurts from exhaustion and my brain no longer functions. F this sheite.  
    image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    darkangel42darkangel42 member
    edited November 2014
    Got up at 6 to get DD1 ready for school as usual then got a message at 7 saying delayed opening because weather so she had to be there just before 10 instead of just before 8. A 2 hour delayed opening, you're probably all thinking we're snowed in? Yea-no. There's a wafer thin layer of white n the ground and it was raining. 

edit: clarity
  • Options
    Today is laundry day in our house, it has been for the past ever and yet I'm still walking around pulling socks out of the couch cushions and finding dirty clothes everywhere including the kitchen because DH for some reason can't get all dirty clothes into the dirty laundry hampers.

In addition to hunting down all the dirty clothes DS keeps pulling all his clean clothes out and onto his floor so I have been spending extra time standing over him making m pick up all the clothes hoping at some point he will get tired of cleaning them and stop pulling them all out.

We have a mouse that we are pretty sure showed up in some things my parents sent over, luckily it's confined on the enclosed front porch but it got in my bag that had the formula in it for when we leave the house and chewed through the lid of the formula so I had to get rid of the entire container; I also made DH go through my bag before bringing it into the main house because I'm irrational terrified of mice.
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have to get shots in my knees today. The extra fluid makes me walk like a drunk sailor and the President of our company is in the office. I don't want him to be all "WTF is wrong with her?"

Oh and I think my gimpiness isn't noticeable before the shots today- until someone saw me walking to the parking garage ms asked what's wrong with my leg. Gahhhhhh.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    DH has become a knowitall superhero dad.  He doesn't wake up with LO or do the primary care when at home.  Yet, all of the sudden he has decided to push rice cereal and preach his expert advice. 
  • Options
    Another one:

My first PP period came labor day weekend. I have had a 31 day and a 26 day "cycle" and pretty convincing ovulation pains around the middle of the month with FCM. 

My first cycle temping again? CD21, no sign of O. No FCM. No temp spike. Nothing.

WTF body? Get your shit together!
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    Why are all the la leche meetings at times I can't go! Ugh!
    image.
  • Options
    It snowed last night. In Texas.

Now, I figured this would hole up all the locals and the Y would be quiet this morning. Queue my putting on capri's for my workout. I haven't shaved my legs in like 8 weeks.

There were like 500 people at the Y today!! Wtf. Go awaaaaayyyyyy.

On a happy note, DD's Ed Hardy pants were a win with all the Y Moms in the nursey room. Woot.
  • Options

I am probably being crazy but it seriously bugs the shit out of me how every photo of LO on my MIL's FB turns into "Who does baby look like today?"

Oh, today he looks an awful lot like you (MIL)!

He has [SIL's] smile in this pic!

That expression is what I used to make when I was a baby! (random relative posts baby pic on comments)

It is like a contest to see who MY BABY looks like on DH's family side every effing day. On that note, I know it is totally irrational to be annoyed by this but I blame it on the "hormones".

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
    Anniversary

TTC #1 since 08/2013
    BFP! 11/7/2013
    EDD 7/21/2014
    Baby! 7/20/2014 
    9:14pm - 9lb 14 oz - 20 inches

• Options
    @danipg
    I actually saw a thread on this on FB. I can completely understand mourning the loss of the birth you thought you were going to have. It's completely normal and it can be devastating, especially when trauma is involved.

But these women were saying their births didn't count because they weren't natural and that they were failing as mothers Not paraphrasing.

WHAAA??!! Your births counted, you have a baby at the end. I just wanted to get them in a room and tell them they are doing just fine.
    Baby boy "F" was born on 7/11/14!!

• Options

My baby won't poop.  We're on day 3.  I'm waiting for the inevitable poopsplosion like it's Christmas.

Us too :-/ and it's totally DH's turn and he's away on work all week so I'm doing All The Things.
  • Options
    Last night DD (almost 2) went to bed at 7:30 like every night same routine. But after happily talking to herself for about 30 min decided she was going to scream, she screamed until 10pm. My husband and i tried everything, didn't make a difference. She has a dr appointment at 4:15 today, I'm hoping she had an ear infection, if not then I'm worried this is a new phase.

Also, DS has a cold and is congested so his sleep has been crap too. And my husband works nights so guess who gets to deal with them alone.....I'm exhausted.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    So today, contractors came to my work because they needed to adjust a pair of doors to make them up to code for the fire marshal.  They should have brought new brackets for the doors and then just like, flipped them.  

Did they?

Nope.  Now the one door that's supposed to open totally blocks the public women's restroom when it is open.  And the lock for that room is now on the wrong side of the door.

Totally nailed it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    A friend is pregnant with her first. She told me today they are forgoing the NT scan because her and her husband "would never terminate, and these types of unnecessary tests are for scared people looking for an out". I nearly blew a gasket. What an ignorant, presumptuous statement.

Mom to one beautiful July '14 little girl

• Options
    VTKatie said:
    A friend is pregnant with her first. She told me today they are forgoing the NT scan because her and her husband "would never terminate, and these types of unnecessary tests are for scared people looking for an out". I nearly blew a gasket. What an ignorant, presumptuous statement.

Ew.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
    Anniversary

TTC #1 since 08/2013
    BFP! 11/7/2013
    EDD 7/21/2014
    Baby! 7/20/2014 
    9:14pm - 9lb 14 oz - 20 inches

• Options
    I really just wish that they would release this damn verdict and let the shit hit the fan or not. I'm tired of the waiting game.

To clarify, I'm from St. Louis and the verdict of the Micheal Brown case is supposed to be released soon. Then, all these assholes that aren't even from here are supposedly going to tear up the city. And I feel like these "riots" are going to happen regardless of the verdict.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH has been sick for 2 days, so I've been taking care of ds on my own.... on top of taking care of DH.

DH was the more demanding of the two. -_-
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

My husband couldn't make it home today from work because the roads are so bad. Luckily his mom lives by his work. His normal 35 minute commute could have taken 3+ hours and another 6-12 inches of snow are supposed to fall tonight.
    I'm happy he can just stay there but being home with a teething 4 month old is not fun...

Hopefully he can make it home tomorrow...

Screw you Michigan winter! You're not supposed to start until December 21st!!

OMG yes! Stupid Michigan. Stupid too-early winter.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    VTKatie said:

We didn't do any testing either. The only one our midwives office did gave a lot of false positives and the next step would have been an amnio. Haven't had the test with either pregnancy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @Jbosarge85‌ , the decision not to test is fine. Telling your friends that anyone who chooses to test is doing so out of fear, and "looking for an out" is not. That's a rude, sanctimonious statement.

Mom to one beautiful July '14 little girl

• Options
    We didn't do any testing either. The only one our midwives office did gave a lot of false positives and the next step would have been an amnio. Haven't had the test with either pregnancy.
    That was so not the point...
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    VTKatie said:

@Jbosarge85‌ , the decision not to test is fine. Telling your friends that anyone who chooses to test is doing so out of fear, and "looking for an out" is not. That's a rude, sanctimonious statement.

Sorry I missed the last part of it. That is rude.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"