Infertility

Scheduled for Tubes to be removed

Hello All,

I am new to this subject so please bare with me. I am currently 29 years old and have never been pregnant. I am engaged and we have been TTC but have been unsuccessful. I went for my first ever HSG test a couple weeks ago and they found that my tubes were severely damaged and dilated. Fast forward to now, my doctor recommended having my tubes removed as well as a fibroid and then to try for IVF. He did say that there was alot of fluid in my tubes. I guess my question is, is there still hope to become pregnant through IVF. I've never been pregnant and have had years of unprotected sex with my fiance, so maybe getting my tubes removed and trying IVF is my best option. Any feedback is appreciated.

Re: Scheduled for Tubes to be removed

• Welcome :) I'm sorry you find yourself here, but this is a great group of ladies! There is definitely hope to get pregnant with IVF (check out the PAIF/SAIF boards for inspirational stories!), and getting rid of the damaged tubes will help to increase your chances with IVF. The fluid in them now is toxic and can prevent implantation, so it's good that you're getting them taken out. Good luck to you!
    image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***
    TTC #2 with assistance since 03/11
    Me: 33, Autoimmune (Hashimotos and FMS/CFS)
    Treated with Synthroid, acupuncture, TCM and supplements
    DH: 33, MFI (very low on all counts, high antibodies, hemochromatosis)
    Many treatments tried, none successful

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    Genetic testing = normal, DNA Frag = excellent
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• Thank you tptbabe. Where can I find those forums? 

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry for the situation you are facing. Good luck with IVF!

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***
    TTC #2 with assistance since 03/11
    Me: 33, Autoimmune (Hashimotos and FMS/CFS)
    Treated with Synthroid, acupuncture, TCM and supplements
    DH: 33, MFI (very low on all counts, high antibodies, hemochromatosis)
    Many treatments tried, none successful

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    Genetic testing = normal, DNA Frag = excellent
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• I don't have personal experience with that but a friend of mine was in a similar position.  After having her tubes removed her 6th IVF was successful and she went on to have another successful FET after that.
  • I was told at my first consult with my RE that removing tubes with fluid (my situation) would be the best option when it comes down to ivf. Instead of removing them I got mine clipped 3 wks ago & started stimmimg Sun for my first cycle of ivf..Did they give you an option to have them clipped/tied or removed?
  • The only other options is to put a small vlip in me to block the fluid from entering the uterus or to repaid the damaged tissue. I think my scarring is really bad becuase as soon as the doctor finished my hsg she told me that they may recommend ivf. I also have to get a fibrod removed. 

I just want to do the right thing in order to provide a family for my soon to be husband. I would hate to deprive him of that feeling. The good thing is he's been very supportive and we are set to wed on June 20, 2015, but I really want to be able to get pregnant and removing tubes is permanant. But I guess if they haven't worked for me so far this is the next step. 
  • @TeamChris1‌ I felt the same way you feel about your tubes not working for you. Mine were block from scar tissue for years. I got them unblock the beginning of Jan & had no luck ever since. Before I had the surgery to clip them I was saying to myself, all the work & hope I had for it to bring me a baby & now I'm right where I started again. Except that I'm closer to being pregnant more than I ever was. I leave it all in God's hands. I suggest if your plans are for ivf, just remove them.
  • I had my tubes removed in October. It was a VERY difficult decision, but it appears that research and studies show that the success of IVF could be doubled if the tubes are removed or clipped. And I had been trying with the tubes with no success, so I figured I would just go ahead and follow the Dr's orders. Its something that takes a while to be at peace with, but if you have a good family support system and a good medical team, you should be just fine.

ME - 31, DX with dual hydrosalpinx (2012) , confirmed again in 2014, starting IVF 1st Cycle Dec 2014

Bloodwork done 8/8/2014 LH - 2.8, FSH 6.1

DH - 31, testing scheduled for 8/22/2014, 60-70% motility, no problems found

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"