January 2015 Moms

Harassed on Instagram about Pregnancy Size? *vent

So a stranger harassed the shiz out of one of my photos on Instagram yesterday and it blew up with other strangers sticking up for me (they were so sweet!). 
I am slightly appalled about the situation. Has this happened to anyone else or am I just an easy target perhaps (I'm tiny for how far along I am)? Is this typical? I mean, the nerve of a stranger who isn't even pregnant or have kids to say shi* about my bump size.... *grumbles* Who has time for that?!

Re: Harassed on Instagram about Pregnancy Size? *vent

• What? Seriously? Random strangers do this? I'm sorry you had to deal with this. How creepy!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry - that's really shitty. Why would a stranger feel the need to comment? Asshole..
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• People are sick! You could always put your Insta on a private setting so only your followers can see your stuff. Sorry they were a dick to you. That shit isn't cool.
  • Idk why ppl feel it's ok to comment on others' bodies. I hear it daily at work. Apparently I'm not "big" enough to be 32 weeks. I still have no idea the best way to respond to that. I usually say it's because I'm tall, and she's more stretched up than out. Lol. But it's still a pain. And pretty damn awkward.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree that your bump is pretty small, but I sure as hell wouldn't say anything, especially to a complete stranger! How freaking rude.
  • edited November 2014
    @nursemarie925‌ yep! Sucks right? I mean to finally have a bump and to be so happy about it and then someone comes and shizzes all over it. I'm sorry it's awkward for you too. Everyone carries differently and people just don't get that I guess. But who is searching pregnant women hashtags to harass them about stuff- weirdos. Never had a problem with Instagram for years until this! Smh.

Everyone else, thanks for agreeing that it's off the wall. I don't know why I am still bent out of shape over it. She deleted her comments though - probably realizes she was an being a creepy idiot (hopefully!).

This is how it started. :/ a compete stranger!
  • Ahh I know why I'm still stewing on it. Because I didn't respond at all to her and the later comments she posted to others saying how dumb she is. I never got to give her a piece of my mind. I like to have the last word but as I grow older and wiser I'm learning to not say or do anything.
  • Omg how dare she go as far as to say you're basically starving your baby to stay thin ! Like what the hell! How stupid and rude! I'm sorry you had to deal with such a B***tch. Ugh that really gets on my nerves.
  • What a jerk! I'm sorry. It's probably a good thing that I'm not on Instagram because that would piss me off!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • That's crazy! I'm almost 30 weeks and can still hide my bump if I want to. I went out with some friends and they couldn't tell. ( But I'm bigger than you and my chest sticks out way more than my stomach). No one suggests I'm not feeding my baby. RidiculOus! None of their business. You look great now. You'll probably look great after and they're just jealous or something!
  • Did she suddenly become your OB? Who does that?? I would def keep my photos/account private. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• That's fucked up. I'm sorry that someone did that to you :(
    ******************************************** siggy warning ******************************************

image image

Married July 2011 * TTC #1 since 8/12 * Me: 29 DH: 29
    21 Cycles TI: BFNs
    DX: Stage 2 Endo, uterine polyps and paratubal cysts removed
    2/14: IVF #1 Lupron Protocol = 12R/10M/9F, no frosties; transferred one 3BB blast = BFN
    4/14: IVF #2 Antagonist Protocol = 18R/16M/15F/6 frosties; transferred one 4BB blast = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (5/12) = 232 Beta #2 (5/16) = 886 Beta #3 (5/20) = 3168
    EDD 1/18/15 It's a BOY 

~~~~~~ All Are Welcome ~~~~~~

• WTF is wrong with some people?! Good for you for being the bigger person and ignoring her crazy shit.

• ShuShubeeShuShubee member
    edited November 2014
    I can't believe a stranger would do that. Well, actually I can, but that is not okay. Some women are just smaller and some are larger (pregnant or not). That doesn't mean that a small or thin person is unhealthy. I was very skinny in my teen years (I was the epitome of an awkward teenager) and I would have people walk up to me asking me if I had an eating disorder. I didn't. In fact, I ate quite a bit, I just had a fast metabolism. It has since slowed a little getting older.

My point is that some people don't know when to shut up. You and your baby are healthy and that is all that matters.

• Thats why my instagram is priviate! Sorry its so rude I actually just read and article about how some woman just don't get that big and there is nothing wrong with their babies at all, its just how they carry! The woman they showed never went into maternity clothes and she had an 8lb baby! 
  • I feel you. People tell me I look 5 months, not 7. I asked my doctor about it and the conclusion is that women who were more athletic and/or having first babies have tight, strong abs that hold baby more inward. In my case, I am also very tall which contributes. So when people comment on it I take it as a compliment to my abs of "steel." Lol ;-) But, hey, I can still sit myself up straight from a supine position without aid from my arms or help from another person, which my doctor says is pretty impressive for 32.5 weeks. Haha
  • I didn't want to admit it, but I instastalked too and I'm totally jealous of your salad/fruit lunch. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• edited November 2014
    misslizzy82 hubby made me the salad. It wasn't enough so I topped it off with trail mix. But I didn't post a photo of that and this girl attacked my salad photo too- saying that's not enough to eat and I'm starving my baby. Shoot - I agree. I was not enough to eat and so I ate more. Photos don't tell the whole story!!! 

Hope you get a salad today if you're craving one now :)
  • People suck - your bump is small but it's cute. It's no one's business how big or small your bump is. As long as you are feeling well and your OB says your are healthy that's all that matters. 
  • This is honestly the reason I hate hashtags. The whole purpose of them is so that Random People can look at your stuff because you are being put into a category you've created where everyone else is posting stuff. You look adorable but like other PP's said, can't control peoples rudeness and when you put it out there in the public strangers will say what they will. 
  • I was curious to see your bump, but I don't have IG. I don't even know how to stalk IG.
    Anyway. .. you look fabulous! People can be so rude!

• I am not a doctor, and I don't feel comfortable commenting on yours or anybody else's size. With that said, um, it's the Internet. I am not super familiar with Instagram, but obviously your settings allow for others to see your photos. If the comments really upset you, maybe you should stop posting them for all the world to see and comment on. Of course, that just seems like the obvious answer to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • People can be dumb obnoxious trolls on the Internet. Just assume that instead of a medical degree she has sand in her hooha and that's why she feels the need to be bitter and judgy. What really sucks though are how many people who think they have the expertise to judge someone's health and criticize them for it. Bumps, like hands, ears and boobs, come in all different sizes and shapes and as long as your doctor says you're good, you're good! Plus that picture is so cute. Totally instagram-worthy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh, that girl is disgusting for saying that. She's definitely just jealous that you look fabulous pregnant and for some reason needs to make herself feel better by putting you down. I loved your last HDBD pic btw!

I had a Nurse practitioner (specializing in urology) give me a look when I told her how far along I was with twins. She then asked what I was measuring! and said really that's not good you should be measuring 8 weeks ahead of that...blah blah blah. I just said well actually the babies are measuring big. I don't know why ppl think they have the right to say anything about another ladies' pregnancy health.
    *loss and BFP mentioned*
    Me: Endo & No Tubes 
    DH: perfect!
    IVF#1 (Sept 2013) Long Lupron Protocol
               17 retrieved, 15 fert, 1 perfect blast trans, 10 frozen
                BFP--Ended-- Blighted Ovum
    FET#2 Tentative Sched: Start meds CD1=Feb 1, ET= Feb 19-20
              One Grade 4AA Blast transferred, 5dpt- BFP HPT, 6dpt- line darker
              Beta #1- 50, Beta #2- 30
              BFN- Chemical preg
    FET#3 CD1-4/11, start Injections on CD13, ET scheduled- 4/29
             CD12 u/s & bw- Lining 8.7, estrogen 335, cleared for ET in one week!
             CD19 ET- Two Grade 4AA Blast transferred one with assisted hatching
             4dpt- POAS = BFP!....POAS everyday after = DARKER! FX!
             Beta #1- 703!  Beta #2- 4,004! 
             First U/S, 5wk0d- TWO gest sacs, Both with yolk sacs and a fetal pole both measuring 3d ahead!
    ((Thank you LORD, praying these LO grow, grow, grow!)) 
    **Due date Jan 14th- Boy/Girl twins**

imageimage

• Wow... what a rude obnoxious bitch! I'm sorry this happened to you.

Pregnancy Ticker

January '15 January Siggy Challenge: Newborn/Baby Fails

• Beamer14 THANK YOU! At first I didn't understand that was you commenting on her photo. It's hilarious, awesome and a fantastic taste of her own medicine. Definitely highlights how obnoxious the comment was.  I showed hubby and he enjoyed it too :) Thanks for sticking up for me and helping prevent (hopefully) her from harassing others.

MKateG Thanks! That's crazy that a nurse practitioner (specializing in urology) would ask you that... pregnant ladies get urinary infections all the time, right? You'd think she'd be better educated in stuff like that for her line of work. (Then again, I am not anywhere close to that line of work so I could be wrong here). I'm sorry she gave you a hard time :( But you have double the joy coming, that's awesome! Hope you are feeling good :)

emmyg65 and Kayanne87 - thanks sweeties! :)
  • @Beamer14, is that your "bleach is bad for you" comment?  Because that is hilarious!  :)

• @pleirey‌ lol yes it is :) she never replied either!
    @littleprettybride‌ you are very welcome :) what she did was uncalled for!
  • HAHAHAHA CDW is a software company...

BabyFruit Ticker

• I've had people say I look small, then some say I look like I'm going to pop lol. It's hard to not let it bother you when you are already have enough to worry about. I think you look great, not that my opinion matters. You have a small frame to begin with and everyone carries differently. :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • WOAH! what a big dude!  :) congrats!

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"