January 2013 Moms
Options

I need a new can opener, and a new finger.

I'm joining the vent club. What is with this week?!? I feel we all need this book...

Last night I was making chili and I was trying to open a can of kidney beans. My can opener is a shitty, rusted piece of junk that I can barely turn. My technique with it is to open at least half the can and then bend the can lid open. Well, the kidney bean can was giving me a particular hard time so like an idiot I got a fork for leverage and ended up slicing really deeply, halfway around my finger.

DH was at work, but luckily my ILs live close enough that my FIL watched DS and my MIL drove me and DD to urgent care. DD was such a charmer at the office, smiling and 'talking' to the doctor and nurses, but 6 stitches later and waiting for my pain med prescription to be filled she had had enough. She had been napping for an hour already when I got hurt and then when my ILs arrived we just got her in her carseat and left.... I couldn't even put on a bra, so she was hungry and in need of a change. Huge meltdown! :(

I'm on Norco for the pain, and boy is there pain. Everything hurts it, even picking up DD. Last night she punched my finger while we were doing that get-your-hands-out-of-your-mouth-so-I-can-feed-you dance. OUCH! And giving DS a diaper change while he kicks..... F THAT!!!

Oh, and did I mention my entire family has a cold? DS was up all night super stuffed up and cranky as hell. DD has a nasty cough. DH feels like crap but is still going to work (he works an overnight 12 tonight, FML). And now that I'm on Norco I can't take DayQuil or NyQuil so I have to go out and pick up some cold meds without acetaminophen. This mama REALLY wants a glass (or two) of wine... wait, can't have that either right now. Aaarrrrrrgh!!!

Re: I need a new can opener, and a new finger.

• Options
    Thank goodness you are ok! Now crack open that vino and feel better!
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Options
    Yikes that sounds terrible. Hope everyone feels better soon including you and your finger. 
    Buy yourself a new can opener and some cookies to replace that glass of wine you can't have :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Finger cuts are terrible. 2 years ago I was using a mandolin, I'm sure you can guess what happened. Yup cut one whole side of the tip of my finger off. Still have flash backs. So I feel your pain.

Hope everyone heals quickly!

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker          

• Options
    Oh my gosh that sounds awful!  Whenever I hear posts like this it cements for me that i had post partum anxiety because a day like that with unexpected stuff and illness, etc. would have been an absolute disaster and yet you seem to be keeping it together!  So sorry you can't have any wine or Nyquil but on the upside your babies are adorable. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you everyone. My finger is feeling ok, getting a suture check this afternoon. I wanted a tuna sandwich yesterday but decided mac n cheese instead until I get a new can opener. :P

Thank you @spainy17‌ I find them adorable too, but I'm partial. ;)
  • Options
    Ouch! I'm glad to hear you're recovering. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"