September 2014 Moms
Options

Moms who supplement with formula... How much?

Lo is 2 months today! As of last week im bottle feeding breast milk and supplementing w formula. How many oz is everyone giving at this age?

Re: Moms who supplement with formula... How much?

• Options
    Right now I only give DS a bottle of formula at night since I'm having supply issues and it's easier when he's screaming to just do warm water and add the formula vs heating up BM.

DS is two months also today and we give him between 3-4 ounces of BM during the day and 4 ounces of formula at night, though he sometimes does not eat it all because he falls asleep.

Might have to start giving more formula during the day when I go back to work next month :/
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• Options
    My LO is 9 weeks, and he gets two supplemented bottles a day. One while I'm at work and one before bed. In each of those bottles he gets 2 oz of formula and 2 oz of frozen breast milk.

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm back to EBFing but he was getting one bottle of 5oz every night
  • Options
    I bf and give one 6.5 oz bottle at night ( from what I read it's on the high side of eating)

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I started supplementing formula after I started to have supply issues. I started with 1 ounce and moved to two per bottle but only when she gave me hunger cues immediately after nursing because I am trying to boost my supply back up. She would finish it sometimes, others she wouldn't. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO is two months. I supplement with formula and fill each bottle with two ounces of breast milk and two ounces of formula. He eats between 4 and 5 1/2 ounces each time he eats for a total of between 28 and 30 ounces per day.
    <Pregnancy Ticker>
  • Options
    DD is also 2 months. Because of supply issues and DD not being an efficient breastfeeder, I EP and supplement with one or two bottles of formula. Right now she typically takes between 3.5-4 oz of breast-milk during the day and her middle of the night feeding and 3.5-4 oz of formula right before bed. She usually eats 6 bottles a day, but if she wants a 7th for some reason (like last night when she decided to stay up until 1 am), she gets a second formula bottle.

• Options
    Due to supply issues that started right away when twin B ( DS ) was in nicu I initially EBF DD until DS came home & pumped for him . Now at 7 weeks still having trouble with supply for both usually one or both LOs will get a bottle of formula after nursing , about 3-4 oz
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"