High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Pain under right shoulder blade

I'm 38 weeks, two nights ago I started having the pain behind my right shoulder blade. I checked my BP and it was 140/87. Waited an hour checked again it was 142/95. Called dr, he had me come into L&D. They hook me up and get ZERO high readings, but I still have this terrible pain. Thought it might be gallbladder, they ran labs twice in the 12 hours I was there and everything was normal, except for being dehydrated because they wouldn't let me have anything and didn't start the IV till 9 hours later. Released me n told me I could have Tylenol. They are thinking muscular/skeletal. It does not feel like that to me at all...I went and had a 90 min massage this morning just to see if it would help and I still have the pain. It's enough to bring me to tears sometimes. Any ideas?

Re: Pain under right shoulder blade

• Options
    I think I have read somewhere that right under the shoulder pain could be a precursor for preeclampsia?? But it seems very odd that would be a symptom..but I swear I have read it. Did they check to make sure no protein in your urine? Maybe you are on the verge or preeclampsia?? I would take it easy for a bit and see if that helps things.
  • Options
    Did they mention blood clot at all? Do you have pain when you breathe? Just a thought but I went to the er with pain & thought it was gallbladder & figured out I had a pulmonary embolism. Might be something to think about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"