October 2012 Moms
Options

Monday

How are y'all doing?
Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

Re: Monday

• Options
    It's pouring rain today, already got soaked taking DS1 to school then had to take E to swimming. I didn't feel like doing laps, so we came home but not before sitting in traffic because of accidents everywhere. Serves me right for not working out. I'm wet and cold. Tea and snacks!

• Options
    It is cold here, single digits and a wind chill near zero. Boo to January weather before thanksgiving.

My girls must have been conspiring to keep me up all night. C was up crying needing snuggles from 1130-1, and then A from 130-3 thought it was dance party time. I fell asleep for the night at 330, and got up at 6. I'm tired. I have my grumpy pants on, and I'm glad work is slow today.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wesley did not sleep well at all last night. I think I may have gotten 3 hours of sleep total.  So tired today. Need all the coffee.

Also the upcoming family pictures are driving me nuts! no one can decide on a location.  The last location that I thought would work, the beautiful library downtown, a few people said it was to impersonal. What do they want from me.  It is only 16 degrees here and I refuse to stand outside with my 2 year old to have photos done!

• Options
    Our garage door is sooooo broken. Dh's car is stuck inside. Luckily mine was outside when it happened. Dh is gone all week so I got to drop him off at the airport at 6am. The garage door guy is supposed to be here at some point this afternoon. Most certainly during naps, I'm sure. Can't wait for the bill. But mostly can't wait to not have to take the kids out front in below freezing weather just to get to our car.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Options
    @WanderingStars23‌ , both mine get a bath every other day. I'd be fine with less, but they both need it. The baby is a puke fountain, and C always manages to get her hands and face a huge mess when eating. Last night we had raw veggies and dip with dinner, and it looked like she had hummus and ranch war paint on her head. So, baths.
  • Options
    @WanderingStars23 all my kids get a bath or shower 3 to 4 times a week. They seem to be clean enough and evenings are busy especially when I am on my own.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Options
    So no one gave me a building number and there are literally more than 30 buildings on this campus. So I picked one and went in. Told them I was here to teach a class, they told me it was upstairs. Thought it was my lucky day. Got upstairs. All cops. They told me my class was in the next room and to go ahead and set up. Ummm no computers. Then I told them I was teaching staffing and they were super confused.

I wonder what they thought I was there to teach. Gun stuff? Karate? :)

• Options
    C has developed an intense love of the song Shake it Off. I cannot believe I am voluntarily listening to Taylor Swift, but it's just so darn cute. She sings along and hops and waves her arms. I need to get a video of this.
  • Options
    Bath every night/every other night. Shes a messy eater. LOL

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    Late for school- forgot lunch. ran to get a slice for lunch- thought I grabbed pepperoni- got Canadian bacon. Gross :(

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• Options
    Baths are every other night for us

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• Options
    Wesley gets a bath 3 times a week sometimes 4 depending on how dirty he gets or if they did a fun project at daycare and he comes home with colored hands, or if he finds a pen or marker and decorates himself.

• Options
    I'm about ready to throw my work computer out the window.  One of the websites we use all the time just changed and now I can't find anything and the support desk has a 2 and a half hour wait time.  Why change a perfectly functioning website to something that doesn't work!!!!!

• Options
    Wow. We bath every night. I guess it's part of our routine, but she spends a lot of time outside, so she's pretty grubby by the end of most days.

Hair washing is traumatic, so we do that as little as possible, but usually stretch it out to every 8 - 10 days. Any tips? Wetting hair and shampooing is okay, but rinsing is dire. Last night was awful "Please, Mommy, no, we don't have to do it tonight, please mommy..." while shaking and crying.
  • Options
    @WanderingStars23 is it like old school paint with water? I think those would make great stocking suffers for my kids.
  • Options
    Both boys get baths usually together every other night. Sometimes more if needed. E has bad excema so I try not to do it more than the normal every other night.

• Options
    @WanderingStars23 just ordered off amazon. They will love it. Thanks for the idea.
  • Options

@WanderingStars23 is it like old school paint with water? I think those would make great stocking suffers for my kids.

I actually bought an old school paint by number for Cs stocking off of Amazon. This is similar, but even better. The pages are heavy like a board book. There's a paintbrush pen that you put water in and they "paint" and all the colors and hidden things appear. Then as it dries (which actually takes a bit), it all disappears so they can reuse it.
    We have one of those, DS1 has always loved it. No mess!

• Options
    The boys get a bath almost every night. Ds2 sometimes gets 2 baths if he gets dirty during the day.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Took a nice long walk today.  Girl asked to lay down in her stroller and put the shade down, and promptly fell asleep.  So, obviously when we brought her into bed, she's wide awake and refuses to go back to sleep.  Sigh.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    @cmarie79 ha! :) it's ok. My kid's hair gets deranged sometimes too. ;)

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    Eek RSV hope he gets better soon and that M doesn't get it!
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    @chricast yay!!!! Congrats on the appt!

@mambonumber5 oh that sucks. Poor guy! And poor whole family!

@wanderingstars23 we love those jammies! We have them in 2 different sizes because they are her favorites. Thank you OUAC!

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    @Chricast so happy you had a good appointment! Yeah for itt u bitty squishy!

@mambonumber5‌ hope.he.feels.better soon. Poor thing. Rsv is the worse!

• Options
    oh no, @mambo. I hope he gets better soon. I would find it damn near impossible to keep C away from A if my husband were home to help me, and absolutely impossible if he wasn't. I hope it goes easier for you than I imagine.
  • Options
    Yayayayayay @chricast‌!!

• Options
    Good luck tonight @piffley‌

• Options
    Im a hour into bedtime and wesley is still awake. Im hoping he will want to sleep soon. Maybe one more bedtime story......

• Options
    mbm1983 said:
    yup, same here. Audrey will get very dry skin if i bathe her too often.

@Lormor, Audrey was having an issue with having water dumped on her head. i make her tilt her head way back so it doesn't get in her eyes or ears (which was the big issue here) and if she let me do that i gave her a cookie afterwards. She does well now so i don't treat her anymore but the bribe definitely helped!

Do you just use a cup to rinse or do you have one of those shower heads that sprays? if you don't have the sprayer kind you could try that too.

Thanks - will try the bribe. We use a cup or wet sponge, have tried the actual shower, but then she almost crawls over my shoulder trying to escape.

We had mild success for a bit when my husband would get her to shut her eyes ("like you are sleeping") and tilt her head back, but that doesn't work anymore. It's like she's worked out that if she shuts her eyes and tilts her head back, her head will get wet, but if she doesn't, it doesn't.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"