June 2013 Moms

Help! My baby is a hat-hater!

With the onset of cold weather, I've been trying to get LO to wear a hat.

At the best of times, he'll leave it on for 30 seconds before ripping it off his head.

Most of the time he just throws a fit and removes it immediately.

Daycare has no better luck than I do, with different types of hats even, so I don't think it's a person or hat-specific thing.

We make do for now just with a hoodie, which he tolerates for much longer.  I have a feeling that's what we'll have to accept.

Any tips?  Just be glad it doesn't get *too* cold here and let him "weather" it out with a bare head?
BabyFetus Ticker
DS born 6/2013

Re: Help! My baby is a hat-hater!

• Usually if I can distract Madeline while I'm putting it on she will forget and leave it alone, for at least a little bit. We've also been playing with her toque a lot in the house. I've been putting my toque on and then hers in front of the mirror so she can see how cute she looks. She is slowly warming up to it. She now brings me the toque to put on her, she still won't leave it on all the time, but we're getting there. It does get "that" cold here, so she had better learn quick, haha
    div style="text-align: center;">
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• B is inconsistent about hat-wearing, but if it's really cold he'll generally wear it.

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • I haven't read all the words, so sorry if I repeat. What works for us is
    - hood over hat
    - leaving the hat on even when we go inside so he forgets it's there
    - making a big deal about how cold it is. I usually say "Brrrr it's cold," and we do a big exaggerated shiver. He thinks it's funny and forgets about the hat.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hat hater here too...unless I can immediately distract him. Even then it's only a matter of time before it comes off.

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"