Babies: 0 - 3 Months

The Witching Hour

DD has horrid witching hour. I swear the clock strikes 7:30 and cue the meltdown. Shes not, hungry or wet. She just wants to cry. Any tips at all, or this just one of those things that has to pass? DD1 never had the witching hour. 

Re: The Witching Hour

• DS is actually doing this as we speak! I had to hand him off to DH and he seems to have calmed down a little.
  • We are in the same boat although hers is longer. 6-10 sometimes 11. It's brutal. Both my boys had it too and I know it's not forever but it's tough while it's happening. You're not alone.
    photo 8614cb38-d577-4c0f-bbe8-185495dd3bea_zpsd7fc2b80.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Ours is longer too. Typically 6/7 - 11/12. Very rough. She also wants to eat a TON during this time. Maybe for comfort?

Pregnancy TickerDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• We are having this right now too, our girl is 2 weeks old. The hours are always different. Sometimes until 2 or 4 am. It is brutal and we are exhausted. She does seem to want to eat more at this time too, as I have been exclusively breast feeding it is HARD! Last night we gave her formula for the first time, I was thinking maybe she is just to hungry for what I am producing during this time. However, after eating almost 2 ounces of formula and me breast feeding, it did not calm her! For those that have had this issue how long did it last for?
  • We have it too. Starts anywhere from 6-7 and ends anywhere from 8-9. A lot of our little guy's problem is gas, so we've started giving him Mommies Bliss Gripe Water to help eliminate tummy bubbles. It works within a minute or two. He will still be a little fussy afterwards but these seem to really help if gas is your LOs problem.

• We have the same thing... every evening when it's just time for dinner, our LO cries and just wants to be held.
    We have changed our dinner time and still the same thing! She has an amazing talent to start when dinner is just ready!
    We have gotten used to trading off while eating. Now that there is somewhat of a schedule, we know when she is going to start crying we are a lot more prepared for the witching hour!
    Take a deep breath, hold her, rock her, help her fall asleep and just enjoy the cuddles with her for now!
  • My daughter had horrid witching hour as well, usually from 8-9. We swaddled her, which sometimes helped, but what helped more often is doing the "mommy sway" while letting the water in a sink run. She loves the sound of running water and it often soothes her.

About 2 weeks ago we had a few DAYS of constant witching hour. Turns out the formula we were giving her was giving her very bad tummy aches. We switched from Enfamil to Gerber Good Start Soothe and since then we have had a witching hour. Might be worth a conversation with ur daughters pediatrician about other formula options.

If not, she will grow out of it after a while, if she hasn't already. I know that's not terribly comforting while you're going through it but there is light at the end of the witching hour tunnel.
  • kwitt22 said:

DD has horrid witching hour. I swear the clock strikes 7:30 and cue the meltdown. Shes not, hungry or wet. She just wants to cry. Any tips at all, or this just one of those things that has to pass? DD1 never had the witching hour. 

This is just something that passes. Hang in there.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• My son is 4 weeks and does this from 6-10 every night. It's terrible and very frustrating.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"