Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

MC at 10 weeks :-(

I miscarried last Tuesday at 10 weeks 2 days. What's been boggling my mind is that the Sunday night prior, I had a dream that I was hemorrhaging and miscarrying. I woke up bawling my eyes out because I was so freaked out. My husband reassured me it was JUST a dream. Well that morning when I woke up, I started spotting. He's a physician and wasn't overly concerned. Even called my GP and she wasn't concerned either. However, I just had a feeling that something was wrong. What made things even worse was that I had a job interview the next day (the Tuesday I miscarried). That was the hardest thing I've ever had to go through in my life. Right after my interview, I went to the hospital to get an U/S and blood work. (I had an U/S done at 6 weeks at HcG was 35,000 and heart beat was seen). Anyways, the U/S showed an empty sac and my HcG levels at a measly 12,000 :'( . I am completely devastated and heart broken. I have been crying since. Sometimes I feel like I am getting stronger..and then my emotions just kick in out of nowhere and I'll start to cry. I now notice pregnancies everywhere and even one of my best friends is pregnant (our babies would have been 5 months apart had I not MC). I am SO SO worried to get pregnant again because I don't want to have to go through another miscarriage but I so badly want to get pregnant again (and will try as soon as it is okay for me to). Any advice or words of wisdom would be appreciated. In honour of my little peanut, I named a star after him/her through the star registry. Now every time I see the Big Dipper, I will know my peanut is watching over us.  

Re: MC at 10 weeks :-(

• I am so sorry for your loss. (Hugs) It seems to always come back in waves. The grieving process is not something fluid or fast. Allow yourself to feel all emotions that you do- from sadness and anger to nervous and anything else. Keep open communication with your husband along the way.

Me: 31 DH: 36
    Dated Since ‘02, Married in ‘06
    BFP#1 05/16/06, EDD01/16/07, MC 06/12/06 at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 08/14/14, EDD 04/22/15, MC 09/17/14 at 9 weeks

My Chart

• I'm so sorry for your loss. Flyoffeve has very wise words.

Take the time you need to heal, both physically and mentally. I'm sure the MC will stay with you and things will be triggers but it will get a bit easier. Hang in there and good luck *hug*
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Loading the player...
  • So sorry for your loss. Sending a little prayer your way.
    Listen to your body and give it all the time it needs to heal. Let yourself feel all emotions - the bad and the ugly - and slowly but surely a time shall come when you begin to feel some strength from inside. The memory may never go away but we find our little ways to cope. Hang in there.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm new at this as well. I wish I had something to tell you to make you feel better, just know that you are not alone.
    DD born 6/14/13 MC Nov 2014 BFP on Mother's Day EDD 1/6/16
  • Thanks ladies... I appreciate all the support! <3
  • Thank you so much! I just never got to hear the heart beat or see an ultrasound picture so I needed something tangible to remember my little peanut by.
  • I'm sorry for your loss. Hugs!
  • I am sorry for ur loss. I've gone through a miscarriage also and I get it. Like ur doing fine and them u see or hear something that reminds of what happened and there u go, u start sobbing like a little girl. Its Even worse when ur around ppl. My suggestion is have a moment, pick a time and and place where u can get it all out. At least as much as u can. Don't let it built up. (I know how that feels) It'll get better.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss and understand everything you've gone through. I'm terrified of getting pregnant again but I want it so badly. On the other hand, when I get a period, I'm pissed and devastated. Ha.

I too had a miscarriage dream before I miscarried.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"