February 2014 Moms
Options

Head banging

lately I've noticed LO banging his head. He mostly does it in his crib while he's asleep. But occasionally hell do it when he's tired but still awake like on my shoulder. I've read that it's common and also that it can be a red flag for other issues.

Anyone else noticing this? I hope it's nothing.

Re: Head banging

• Options
    DS1 used to bang his head when he got really excited. He would bang it on the couch, coffee table, wall,etc. I was worried and really thought there was something wrong with him so I mentioned it to the pedi. She said it's quite common and if it caused him any pain he would not do it. He grew out of it around 3. Though every once in a while I still catch him doing it!!

• Options
    @paulheath I took him to the pediatrician like a week after I posted that and they didn't think there was anything to be concerned about so we did not contact EI.  He's now sitting up like a champ and pulling himself to a stand in his crib too.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a weight check appointment on Dec 10th so I'll mention it then.  I didn't think about it when we had his [late] 9 month appointment last week.
  • Options
    @ciaomama yeah, it's the same here - he seems to do it when he's starting to wake up or get fussy.
  • Options
    It makes me feel better to read that others do this too.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"