Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Dark brown spit up?

This morning DS had dark brown stuff near his mouth on the blanket and mattress. He seems fine, nothing appears off or weird or anything, except for brown stuff (mucus? Blood? Other?). Any ideas what this could be? (Going to the pediatrician this afternoon but wanted to see if others had this issue.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Dark brown spit up?

• Options
    I have to supplement with formula and the doctor gave me some of the pre-made samples that are already mixed.  When LO spit them up, it was dark brown.
  • Options
    I am breast feeding only right now, so it can't be that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know how old your LO is but a week or so after mine was born she had brownish red spit up and I was terrified she was bleeding internally, but then I looked down and saw my nipple was bleeding a little...vampire baby!
  • Options
    As pp said it could be from your nipples or perhaps a reverse nose bleed?  That happened to DS once, though it was pink.
  • Options
    I would call your pedi. Don't want to worry you, but sometimes bile can be darker. I would get DS checked out just to make sure he doesn't have a stomach bug or something. FX it's nothing.
  • Options
    My LO had this and the doc said it was old blood from birth that he had swallowed
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"