May 2015 Moms
Options

Fried Chicken Cravings

BrannykayeBrannykaye member
edited November 2014 in May 2015 Moms
The things I am craving so badly but can't have due to pregnancy and celiac...

I want a table filled with fried chicken, fresh buttery biscuits, hot donuts from Krispy Kremes, and served with some hard cider or any kind of red wine!!

That's all I am dreaming about right now as my husband ate Bojangles right infront of me. ):

Done complaining

What are you ladies missing??

Re: Fried Chicken Cravings

• Options
    Well I want fried chicken now!!!! Yum!!!!! I can't even remember the last time I had it. But donuts were my last weekend 'had to eat' good. My boyfriend went to Tim Hortons and bought 6 different ones (Boston cream being my fav)
    GBCB - Gone to the Dark Side

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Poppy715Poppy715 member
    edited November 2014
    Why can't you have fried chicken?

I missed the celiac part. Do you have to totally abstain or can you have a few bites?

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would be mega sad without Bojangles in my life! How dare he enjoy in front of you!

• Options
    At last someone who feels my pain! I keep strictly kosher now but didn't growing up (until age 25; I'm 30), and I'm constantly craving kfc and other stuff I can't have. I never post about it because I didn't figure anyone could relate. But I feel you!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    bwisco123 said:

I know some people still eat deli meat but I've chosen not to and I want subs on a daily basis. I told DH that the first meal I want after LO arrives is a giant ham and cheese sub.

You can eat it if you order it toasted!!!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    PlayboyMommyPlayboyMommy member
    edited November 2014
    No joke, fried chicken was my jam last week and I ate it twice. This week it's crunchy tacos. I made some Saturday but want moar!! My first real lunch after delivering my first was an Italian sub with prosciutto. It was divine.

BabyFruit Ticker

M/C 5w6d 6.25.14
    Hoping for a rainbow!

• Options
    @Poppy715‌ I can't eat it at all. It kills my insides and could harm the baby. ):

I just had a dream last night about eating donuts though... I think I have a problem.
  • Options
    OMG I love fried chicken!!! We normally only eat it a couple times a year. I was so proud of myself last week I went to Popeyes and got my son chicken strips and I didn't get myself anything .,.... That took some wheel power.

I'm trying really hard to make healthier choices and not allow myself to eat things that I normally don't have. I don't limit myself of anything, personally I'm not afraid of lunch meat or cheese or any of the other foods. I don't eat seafood so I don't even have to worry about that. I'll even have a glass of wine in my 2nd trimester, but I'm REALLY going to miss the second glass of wine.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options
    Ok I want fried chicken NOW. My girlfriends offered to throw me a baby shower and I told them I wanted fried chicken, biscuits, and cherry pie. Let's see if they pull through. Haha.
  • Options

@Poppy715‌ I can't eat it at all. It kills my insides and could harm the baby. ):

I just had a dream last night about eating donuts though... I think I have a problem.

I've cried because I wanted chicken mcnuggets so badly.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I don't even really like chicken if it's not fried.

BabyFruit Ticker

M/C 5w6d 6.25.14
    Hoping for a rainbow!

• Options
    With DS, my first 'meal' after delivering was a smoothie. I was exhausted after 30+ hrs of labor and 3 hours of pushing. That has nothing to do with this post though. Fried chicken sounds icky to me right now. I think eating lunch meat is find as long as it's fresh and from a reputable place. I eat jimmy john's once or twice every two weeks. No shame.

OP I'm so sorry about celiac and all. I cannot even imagine not being to indulge in my cravings. Hugs. Eat lots of something yummy you can have!

• Options
    This is the one thing that I have been craving like crazy. Have been trying to not get any trying to eat well and not gain too much weight. But I'm sure I'll cave and get some tonight
  • Options
    Why can't you have fried chicken?

tequila.  I miss it so much.  

I used to drink margaritas like it was my job. I also cry a little when I pass the Jubleale in the beer aisle.

Op can you make fried chicken with a GF alternative? Something that won't destroy your insides?

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    Yeah I'm going to try making some homemade soon! I tried making homemade donuts... Didn't not turn out the same ): We go home for Christmas this year and our old town was super gluten friendly, my husband keeps saying that I am more excited to eat than visit family... Haha
  • Options
    I am not a fan of toasted subs so I'm definitely missing deli meat! I have been craving Jersey Giant for weeks now. After trying for 3 years to get pregnant, to me it just isn't worth the risk of eating it no matter how long I continue to crave it!

Also, really missing a glass of good red wine. Cabernet is my favorite!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married ~ August, 2010
    Began TTC ~ November, 2011
    First IUI ~ January, 2013
    Second IUI ~ March, 2013
    Third IUI ~ April, 2013
    First IVF ~ July, 2013
    BFP ~ September 17th, 2014

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Everyone who's missing deli meat--you can have it if you get it sliced fresh from the butcher!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I went in this grocery store that I rarely go in and if I do I never go towards the back.  Holy crap there is a walk in cooler the size of my bedroom full of all kinds of beer.  I don't drink beer but this was the coolest thing I'd ever seen.  I walked in it and just starred at all the beer like some crazy person.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options
    Not food related but I miss baths sooo much!

OP, I bet there's a decent gluten free fried chicken recipe out there.
  • Options
    For some reason I am craving bologna on a toasted sesame bagel with a dr. Pepper. I craved the same thing when pregnant with my son. Didn't have it until I gave birth but apparently that's what I want again...
  • Options
    I bet rice flour with some cornstarch added would make a great GF breading. Marinate the chicken in buttermilk and salt, pepper plus cayenne. Try it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"