1st Trimester

Couldn't find baby at 8 weeks....

We had an internal u/s today. I am 8 weeks and they could not find the baby. Just the gestational and yolk sacs and a tiny fetal pole. They said to come back in two weeks. They couldn't say conclusively, but it doesn't seem likely that a good outcome will come out of this. I know for a fact I couldn't be off more than 4 days with my conception date. We are pretty devastated. Anybody had this happen? What was your outcome?
Me: 33, DH: 32  
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Couldn't find baby at 8 weeks....

• I'm sorry you're going through this. It definitely doesn't sound good. Hopefully you're wrong and your dates are just off.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • I'm so sorry you're going through this. It has happened to me and unfortunately it did not have a good outcome. I hope this will not be your experience!!!!

My dr was going to make me wait a week and my friend who works for another OB have me great advice. She told me to request that my hcg levels be drawn once or twice. If they don't rise or even decrease (as mine did) you will have your answer without having to wait so long & without another devastating ultrasound. They drew my levels that day and so I requested a follow up two days later and the following day they called and said they dropped. I had my answer in a few days and was able to process it at home and not in an office surrounded by happy pregnant women.

I am so sorry that you're in limbo and again I hope that your dates were off. I'm guessing you had no signs of something being wrong like bleeding or heavy cramping? I didn't either and was totally blind sided. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. Wishing you the best of luck. Hang in there!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sure of the dates because we didn't have sex the week after and twelve day after the day we think we conceived we had a bfp. Thanks for the advice.
    Me: 33, DH: 32  
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
  • edited November 2014
    Unfortunately I have been through this with my first pregnancy. We went for our first ultrasound at 8 weeks and saw a sac and small fetal pole, had a follow up in 2 weeks and the fetal pole had mostly disappeared and within a day or so bleeding began. :( ended up needed a d&c to complete things. They called it a missed miscarriage.

I am hoping you have better results than I did! Good luck and I will be watching for an update!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"