March 2012 Moms
Options

Mommy's little minion (PIP) Aww and progress update

We're having quite a good week for words and such... knee, Andy (his Uncle), Pasta, speech (Curious George ... lol yeah I know lol who woulda thunk it), Miaaow, hair and he is picking up more and more letters and numbers.. go Leapfrog !!  His techno skills are still blowing my mind..  trying to keep his sticky mits off a phone is fun n games...

His behavior is also definitely showing improvement..   way less tantrums and  way less acting out, more mindful of requests to put things on or tidy up... it's awesome  :)  I see a huge change in his social interactions too..  much more vocal.. to the point of screaming bye bye at everyone.. It's hilarious.. no one can miss the fact we are exiting a mall or Walmart  or leaving a neighborhood haha.  We are still struggling with the eating but we'll get there eventually. Still eating the toothpaste but that is also getting there slowly .. and potty training at his pace is hit n miss as is sleeping in his own bed.. but still trying to take our queues from him.  

Can't believe we are heading for the big THREE already :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Mommy's little minion (PIP) Aww and progress update

• Options
    I think it is great you are watching for his ques and working at his pace. I am also glad to know my kid isn't the only one who eats toothpaste! She is more than willing to spit any other time except for when she's brushing her teeth.
    Dd still refuses to sleep in her own bed which is a horrible inconvenience. Especially running on little sleep since having ds. Just as I fall asleep it never fails that I will get kicked or kneed in the back. However after fall my dh has said we will get her new room ready and try to work on it from there.
    Dd is a great helper, she loves to help burp ds, or get me anything he needs. I can tell that she does truly love him.
    She isn't really scared of anything which is both a positive and negative. I love that she is always willing to try new things.
    Oh, and we are entering the question phase. All I hear is, mom what you doing? Then she'll say why? It is never ending!
  • Options
    I feel you on the bed situation.. on rare occasions he will go to sleep in his bed, but for the most part he wants the company so will fall asleep in ours and get moved.  sometimes we don't even bother moving him and then we find him either long ways across the top of the bed or upside down half way down it..  I have no idea why this kid can't sleep straight down the bed.. other than the fact I never can either haha

Despite all the little things that drive you crazy.. I wouldn't swap a second of it.. it's like watching a comedy play out 24/7 in front of your eyes watching these guys grow... never a dull moment LOL

It's great she is so involved with the baby...although I am sure there are moments when you have to laugh at the help offered  due to the age difference :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD loves toothpaste. It's so gross!
  • Options
    @Wipz Do you guys have Netflix? Alexander is obsessed with Curious George's BooFest. If you haven't watched it, give it a go (and be prepared to watch it 10,000 times). He loves the story and the music and it's really gotten him into the Halloween spirit. He loves sneaking up and yelling "Boo!" 

• Options
    @eyenigh Is that CG ep scary at all? Any monsters?
  • Options
    @nunzchucks No, not really scary and no monsters. There are a couple of parts that might be a little spooky but (and, btw, I can't believe I've reached a point in my life where I'm eagerly giving Curious George movie reviews) the whole story is about recalling the legend of this scarecrow called No Noggin that steals people's hats at Halloween because someone stole his head. Spoiler alert: it turns out No Noggin isn't real or stealing anything. Jumpy the squirrel and his ancestors were stealing the hats to hide their acorns for the winter. There's also a side story about growing a giant pumpkin and winning the biggest pumpkin at the big Halloweenfest in town. There are a couple of parts where they want you to think that it's No Noggin and it turns out to be dumb Bill or someone else and then everyone laughs. I don't think it would have any lasting scary effects since the resolutions are all good.

• Options
    Thanks @eyenigh. Once, DD accidentally watched the Halloween episode of Arthur last year and she still brings it up! I've learned my lesson.
  • Options
    @nunzchucks I find Arthur terrifying all the time. I can never tell what the hell each of them are!

• Options
    eyenigh said:
    @Wipz Do you guys have Netflix? Alexander is obsessed with Curious George's BooFest. If you haven't watched it, give it a go (and be prepared to watch it 10,000 times). He loves the story and the music and it's really gotten him into the Halloween spirit. He loves sneaking up and yelling "Boo!" 
    Yup we have Netflix and he has watched it .. he loves George, Ninjago, Leapfrog, Bo on the Go, the Cars mini movies and  watches quite a few others like  Lego friends, Pacman and for some reason Sid the Science kid is popular this week lol.    

• Options
    We also have netflix he watches Oscar Osisis Leapfrog cars Pangwins and a few others.
    (Me)
    (32)
    Jonathan Hunter (Adopted)
    (2-27-10)
    TTC #1

• Options
    Omg the Why? stage. We've been there for at least 2 months and I see no end in sight! it is so awesome to hear her putting thoughts and opinins together though! She's doing very well with potty training! Just have to tackle the over night phase. Meals are also rough for us, takes at least 30-45 minutes to finish a meal. She's interested in anything else but eating!
  • Options
    Swanigam said:
    Omg the Why? stage. We've been there for at least 2 months and I see no end in sight! it is so awesome to hear her putting thoughts and opinins together though! She's doing very well with potty training! Just have to tackle the over night phase. Meals are also rough for us, takes at least 30-45 minutes to finish a meal. She's interested in anything else but eating!
    We seem to be in the "Where's" Specially Where's Daddy?
  • Options
    She only asks where's ....? When She's really curious. Sometimes I think she's asking why just to drive me crazy!
  • Options
    DS asks "what we doin' today?" and "where daddy?" a lot these days. Or if we're getting ready to go somewhere, "where we goin' today?" I think it's so cute that he wants to know our plans for the day. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"