May 2013 Moms

Toy kitchens

Hello! Saw that a bunch of people have (or getting) toy kitchens for their LOs. I am wondering which ones everyone is looking at or did get. There are so many! I want something that she can play with for a while and doesn't get too tall for it quickly. Thanks!

Re: Toy kitchens

• We have the kidkraft retro kitchen. My almost 3yr old still plays with it.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • The two I have narrowed it down to is the pink rise and shine play kitchen and the pink step two lil' chefs gourmet kitchen.
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                            Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • Loading the player...
  • Step 2 lifestyle deluxe kitchen
  • We went for the ikea play kitchen. It's his Christmas gift, so he doesn't play with it yet, but I was mainly looking for something that was gender neutral
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Haven't put it together yet but I also got the Kid Craft retro one when they were on sale on zulily a while back.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm pretty much a lurker these days, but I just saw this posted and thought it might be helpful for anyone thinking about a kitchen...  https://www.babycheapskate.com/2012/10/19/the-bc-guide-to-choosing-a-play-kitchen-and-buy-it-now-prices-too/
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • i've heard really good things about the step 2 kitchens so I think we'll be getting her one of those.
  • We just ordered the Step2 Heart of the Home Kitchen. i like that it's neautral colored since we're not done having children yet and it has a lot of little cool features, like a dog food/water bowl and a space for a family photo.

• We have a step 2 kitchen. Not sure the model but it's pink and white. We got it for her 1st birthday.
    IAmPregnant Ticker

• We have a step 2 that we got at a garage sale for her 1st birthday. She loves it and plays with it all the time. It's one of the smaller ones since we have a smaller house but it works perfectly for our needs

Pregnancy Ticker
  • For those that are thinking about getting their LOs a kitchen set for Christmas, Toys R Us has some of the toy kitchens on sale. There is a $20 off coupon for a few of the other kitchens that aren't on sale.

BFP #2: 08/23/12; EDD: 05/04/13 ~Please stick little one!!! DS born 05/09/13 at 40w5d

BFP #1: 05/05/12; EDD: 01/01/13; m/c: 05/21/12 ~Forever in our hearts~ 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary
  • c-elizabethfc-elizabethf member
    edited November 2014
    MauLoaM0M said:

For those that are thinking about getting their LOs a kitchen set for Christmas, Toys R Us has some of the toy kitchens on sale. There is a $20 off coupon for a few of the other kitchens that aren't on sale.

Yeah I saw that the other day and it expires the 22nd, I am definitely using that along with a 50 dollar gift card I saved a while ago for toys r us.
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • We just ordered the KidKraft Retro Kitchen for R. It's hard to find boy ones but this one came in navy and red. He's obsessed with opening and closing cabinets and organizing things and this looks like it has a lot of doors that open and close. We ordered it from Walmart and it was free shipping and eBates does the 2% cash back so it was a good price. It doesn't come with accessories but thats actually fine because it gives me gift ideas for the grandparents instead of a 5th giant musical toy!
  • Thanks for the recommendations! I think I am going to buy a step 2 kitchen
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"