August 2014 Moms

Nipple Size...for bottles

jlynn62511jlynn62511 member
edited November 2014 in August 2014 Moms
i know we discussed this a while back. Have you gone up in nipple size?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Nipple Size...for bottles 84 votes

yes, formula fed
10% 9 votes
no, formula fed
14% 12 votes
Yes, Breast milk fed
3% 3 votes
no, Breast milk fed
67% 57 votes
SS
1% 1 vote
Show me the results
2% 2 votes

Re: Nipple Size...for bottles

• Yep. We are using 3's.
  • We tried using the 2 for avent just because I bought more bottles and that's what they came with. Did not go well.
  • Loading the player...
  • We tried using the 2 for avent just because I bought more bottles and that's what they came with. Did not go well.
    Same here. I bought the bigger Avent bottles and they came with 2s. He drank 2 ounces in like 30 seconds flat and then started choking before I even realized what was happening. I sat him up and he spit it all back out. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Mirena removed 11/10/11. BFP 02/20/13 - MMC discovered 4/17/13 @ 11w4d. 
    BFP 12/14/13, EDD 8/21/14.It's a BOY! DS born 8/15/14.

• You don't HAVE to go up just because they are older. If they do well with the preemie or size 1 then I wouldn't change. But yeah, if they are frustrated w/the flow try one size up. I was told by a peds occupational therapist that the bottle companies do this just to get money!
  • jlynn62511jlynn62511 member
    edited November 2014
    Thanks! My DH keeps wanting to change the nipples. We use advent and when I bought larger bottles they came with size 2 but she choked and I bought a pack of size 1s. I kept telling him she does fine with size 1 and I think she will drink it way to fast if we size up. I told him I would post the question on here and see what everyone has done! She finishes her 5oz bottle in less than 8 minutes, I'm afraid any faster will cause her to spit it all back up.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Day 1 at daycare they suggested my BF baby go up to size 2. Ugh, already a point of difference! My assumption is they want LO to feed faster to help with the flow of the class but I haven't noticed issues at home when DH bottle feeds. I want him eating the same speed as the boob. Anyone else get this from their DCP?
    TTC #1 since August 2011 w/ unexplained IF
    09/12-11/13: 3 TIs, 3 IUIs, ICSI/PGS IVF & 2 FETs
    08/14: Our little miracle has FINALLY arrived - 3 years after we started trying!
  • Which bottle? Mine won't take a bottle and I've tried so many:/
  • I'm still using size 1 with the Avent bottles for my 12 week old LO. He seems to do fine with them, takes about 15-20 minutes for 6 oz with a few burps in between@ but now I'm wondering if I should go up.
    Me:41  DH: 46 high count but poor motility & morphology
    TTC on and off since 2005

July 2012: Infertility tests started at OB/Gyn, HSG and HSN all clear
    Sept 2012: IUI #1 w/Clomid - BFN
    Oct 2012: IUI #2 w/Clomid - cancelled due to cyst
    Nov 2012: IUI #3 w/Clomid - BFN
    Break to move and find new PCP, OB/Gyn & RE
    Sept 2013: first appt with RE
    Nov / Dec 2013: IVF #1 with ICSI split
      Dec 6: Retrieval, 4 retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized
      Dec 11: Transferred 1 (Day 5)
      Dec 30:  HCG Beta, 4980. BFP!
     1 little bean!
    EDD: August 28 30 2014
    LO Arrived! August 31 2014

All Welcome!

image image
  • DD's just relearned to take the bottle the past few weeks. I'm trying to give her one a few times a week now. 

Anyways, is anyone using the bottles that came with their pumps? We're just using the medela bottles and size 1 nipples. I have a bunch of Dr. Brown's from a friend but haven't seen a difference if we use them. 

• DD's just relearned to take the bottle the past few weeks. I'm trying to give her one a few times a week now. 

Anyways, is anyone using the bottles that came with their pumps? We're just using the medela bottles and size 1 nipples. I have a bunch of Dr. Brown's from a friend but haven't seen a difference if we use them. 

Yes, we are using the Medela bottles with the size one nipples. Tried size twos and wasn't happy with the result so we are sticking with ones for now.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary

We tried those bottles when she was first born and she would collapse the nipple. I ended up switching to advent bottles and we didn't have that problem anymore. It would have been nice just to use the bottles that go with the pump.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wow @theteno‌ I timed LO's random MOTN feeding last night. She usually sleeps through the night. I went down stairs warmed up a bottle in water, changed her diaper, fed her and she was back to sleep all in 14 minutes. I can't believe it takes your LO a minimum of 20. When my LO is hungry, she sucks that thing down, we don't burp until the end anymore because she would scream if you took that bottle away. She gives one big burp at the end! Haha

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"