LGBT Parenting
Options

Thanks

So, AF reared her ugly head yesterday so this cycle is officially another negative.

Unfortunately I told myself going in to this cycle that we were going to stop if we got another negative. So we're putting TTC on hold for the time being.

I don't even know what that means exactly. I hate to give up on this, but I can't keep putting us into more and more debt month after month with nothing to show for it. It definitely wasn't supposed to be like this.

I don't know when or if we'll start trying again. So for now I guess we're just going to live our lives and, at least in my case, try to forget about all of this for a while.

Thanks to everyone for all of the support the past few months. Good luck to everyone still TTC and to those with impending due dates.

Hopefully when we decide to jump back in some of you will still be here with babies and toddlers to show off!

Re: Thanks

• Options
    So sorry to hear this.  I hope that you DO return, in your own time, and eventually find success.  We will be here when you're ready.

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear this. I hope that you will, in time, find what is meant to be for your family and be at peace with it either way. Wishing you luck and happiness. Come back to visit anytime, TTC or not! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear about the BFN. I totally understand your needing to take a step back, regroup, and figure out what the future holds. My very best wishes to you, and please pop in whenever you want.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. I can understand not knowing what's next and needing a break. I hope you are able to use that time to come to terms with a decision and move forward however you both see fit.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    Take Care. I understand the need to step away. I hope that life opens many doors for you, and that the TTC break leaves you rejuvenated.
  • Options
    I am very sorry to read about your BFN. This whole journey is extremly difficult emotionally and financially. I understand taking a break and just live life, the whole living life in cycles month after moth is tough.

I do hope that after time you try again. Best of luck to you.

Married in September 2010, started TTC journey November 2012

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

RPL blood work 12/27, showed a balance translocation in chromosome 11;22  

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

New Plan: Reciprocal IVF, me as carrier wife's eggs. Just went through insurance and received partial approval, so my part will go through my IVF benefits and wife's part will be out of pocket. Now just finalizing finance plans to cover the oop costs. Doctors office is in process of moving to a new building so there are no IVF start ups until March/April 2015. 

• Options
    Sorry about your BFN... I don't know how many IUI's you've went through but I'm on number 5 this month and if it's another BFN then we to are taking a break...at least for the month of December. The financial and emotional toll it takes on couples is sometimes overbearing. I know it all too well. Don't give up...it will happen. Save up for awhile and start again. It will be worth it in the end.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"