Stay at Home Moms
Options

Rant- DH and DD, not so "D"

I think DH and DD had a secret meeting in which they both decided to act like three year olds with the goal being to piss me the hell off. Mission accomplished.
DD actually IS three years old, so she gets a little bit of leeway, but not much. I was looking forward to bedtime by 10 am today. Tantrums, getting into things, destroying things, etc. Add that to the fact that she has a double ear infection, so while she's not feeling sick anymore, I can't tell if she's ignoring me when I talk to her, or genuinely can't hear me.
DH is a medical student and a walking ball of stress because of it. Every once in a while (maybe two or three times per year), he hits a stress point where he'll do incredibly immature things to blow off some steam. Todays selections included: repeating everything I said in a high-pitched voice, standing outside the bathroom door and tapping/scratching it until I came out, and asking "why?" to everything I said. He's lucky to be alive after the day I had.
End rant.

Re: Rant- DH and DD, not so "D"

• Options
    That's annoying. That doesn't seem like an adult way to blow off steam. Tell him to hit the gym or find a hobby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

So, your husband's way to blow off steam is to act like a 4yo towards his wife with the sole purpose of pissing her off? Sounds like a winner.

To be fair, the immature thing is very rare and this is the first time it's ever been directed at me (or anyone for that matter). It had also better be the last.

• Options
    I am sorry- he really needs to find a new way to handle stress.  He is acting really immature.  I am kinda curious what he wants to specialize in- hopefully it isn't Emergency Medicine or heaven forbid Obstetrics, or any other specialty where there is a high level of stress and tension. Because I can say that if my Dr started acting like an immature ass- I would find someone else quickly.  
  • Options
    That seems like a strange way to handle stress. I'm sure being a medical student is crazy, is it at all possible he's not emotionally suited for medicine? I obviously don't know the facts and I don't mean to insult your DH. Maybe he should see a therapist for stress relief strategies?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    Sorry OP, that's just...weird? (Your husband's behavior, not your child's.) I'm not even sure what else to say. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    while it is strange behavior everyone deals with stress in their own way.. and at least its something little like getting annoying versus getting aggressive. If you have talked to him about it and don't see a change then maybe you can give him a taste of his own medicine (I know its not the most mature way to go about it but if he wants to be immature then why not treat him that way) and after have another serious talk of ways to handle his feelings that are more productive like maybe washing the cars or mowing the lawn or going for a run..Good luck

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

imageimage

• Options
    We definitely talked about it and he apologized. Normally he de-stresses by playing a video game, watching a stupid movie, or something equally harmless. The crazy obnoxious immaturity was out of the blue, which is why it pissed me off so much. For the record: He'll be a fabulous doctor.

• Options
    Stephij1 said:
    We definitely talked about it and he apologized. Normally he de-stresses by playing a video game, watching a stupid movie, or something equally harmless. The crazy obnoxious immaturity was out of the blue, which is why it pissed me off so much. For the record: He'll be a fabulous doctor.

I really hope he grows up a lot before he becomes one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"