June 2015 Moms

no vbac for me

Sad I wont get to experience a vaginal birth but on a lighter note my due date was confirmed june 25th

Re: no vbac for me

• Why won't you get to try for a vbac?
  • Does your doctor not support a VBAC? If it's important to you to try to go this route, and that's the case, then maybe you should look for another doctor. You need to do what's right for you.
    --Amanda--
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My doctor won't do vbacs either and I'm okay with that. I got pregnant knowing I will have another c section. I know it's hard, especially if you wanted to try, but I look at it this way, all that matters is the baby is delivered healthy. :)
  • Also curious about why a VBAC is off the table for you at this point.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My dr does not do them...if I wanted one I would have to deliver at a different hospital and with a different dr and I dont want another dr. I love my dr.
  • NoeliaVNoeliaV member
    edited November 2014
    Clearly, it's your birth and your decision, but I'd find another doc who would at least entertain the discussion. Definitely read what @shibby00 posted and the ACOG guidelines.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a vbac. It was great. Not recovering from major surgery with a newborn and a 2.5 yr old was great. It doesn't have to be major surgery again. Just be aware that if an ob does not do vbac across the board, they are not following their own governing body's guidelines.
  • My dr supports vbac a but they're classifying my failed induction as failure to progress so it looks like I won't get mine either. They are discussing it at their monthly meeting to see if they would allow it so I'll find out Dec 1st. I've already come to terms with another c sect if that's their decision but it hit me hard the first couple days :/

• @elleJDubs
    Will they let you labor for a bit before going to a C?

In the interest of full disclosure, I had a vaginal no-pain med birth with DD, so this is a non-issue for me. I'm just here to help talk out the options, if one wants. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NoeliaV said:

@elleJDubs

Will they let you labor for a bit before going to a C?

In the interest of full disclosure, I had a vaginal no-pain med birth with DD, so this is a non-issue for me. I'm just here to help talk out the options, if one wants. :)
    I am not totally sure...but that is a good question to ask which I wish I would have asked...next time will have to remember that
  • Everyone I know who has had a repeat c-section has LOVED their experience. It's totally different than an emergency and not one of them regrets it. I'm sorry it's not what you were hoping, but I think there are perks to be had on both sides.

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • I really liked my previous OB, but a VBAC was more important to me than his policies.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • edited November 2014
    I didn't mind my c-section at all! But, I wanted to know that I had the option Of a VBAC. I have heard that some repeat C's have a more difficult recovery and some are easier. Lots of risks and benefits to weigh!

ETA: clarity
    Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

• @NoeliaV‌ no bc a c section while in labor is more dangerous than while not. It makes sense. It would be harder to cut into a contracting uterus. If I have to schedule one I'll schedule it as far along as they'll allow. With a EDD of June 5th I'm hoping for at least Jube 1st.

• @ElleJDubs‌ the ACOG recommends a trial of labor for most women who have had a prior c/s.
  • Everyone I know who has had a repeat c-section has LOVED their experience. It's totally different than an emergency and not one of them regrets it. I'm sorry it's not what you were hoping, but I think there are perks to be had on both sides.
    This. My Dr suggested I go the VBAC route but I opted for a repeat section (my first was breech)

My recovery was even better than my first and I don't regret my decision at all.  That being said if this is something you really want maybe you should look into another doctor?  
  • @shibby00‌ I know that but failure to progress decreases your chances by a lot which is why most Drs will not allow a VBAC if that was the cause of your c section.

• I am also a repeat csection. My OB supports vbac but given my complicated birth history and the fact that I will be on blood thinners, she feels it is much less risky for me to schedule a repeat csection. She says that I can try but if I run into the same problems as my other two births that I will have another emergency csection which is less desirable that a scheduled csection.

However, if your medical history is uncomplicated and you truly want a vbac, I suggest you seek other opinions. Good luck!
  • I'm also discussing a vbac, I'm pretty sure I want a repeat c section, but I want to know all my pro's and con's. My doctor told me we can discuss it, but she wants me to know given my medical history and my previous pregnancy/delivery she recommends c section. No decision will be made till my 3rd trimester.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"