Baby Showers

baby showers

ggoodman721ggoodman721 member
edited November 2014 in Baby Showers
I have 2 kids. My boy is 7yr old and daughter is almost 5yrs old. We weren't planning to have any more kids so we got rid of everything and found out in August I was pregnant. I had baby showers for both of my kids and was wondering if I should have 1 for this baby since we don't have anything anymore. Figured I should add on here that the only reason I am asking is because I was told by my husbands grandma that she was going to have one for me. I don't think it is necessary but don't know how to decline. And I don't think its "tacky" to have multiple showers if people want to do it for you.

Re: baby showers

• I'd suggest looking at second hand shops. If you don't have anything it is your responsibility to buy the things for this baby. Having a baby shower for a thIrd baby is tacky.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • starzcookie22starzcookie22 member
    edited November 2014
    Sooo you want to have a shower so your family and friends buy YOUR baby stuff? [-X . Your already a mom on top of that...
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh dear, look around a bit before stirring that pot.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• No. A baby shower is to welcome a woman to motherhood. You are already a mother so that ship has sailed. Has anyone offered? If they do I suggest declining as you would be uncomfortable with a gift giving event meant for first time mothers.
    To put it bluntly, having a shower after your first is tacky. Throwing it yourself is tacky city.
  • You probably should have skimmed the board before posting this.  Get your fire extinguisher ready.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • "Not having anything" isn't an excuse to have another shower.  It is NOT anyone's responsibility to buy stuff for your child other than you.  I get it- it's expensive and having to buy it all at once is a lot of $$.  but it's YOUR choice to have a child and YOUR responsibility. Period, end of story.

ANd while showers are technically about gifts, they aren't about passing on the responsibility of your child onto your friends and family. 

• First off, isn't community boards for people to ask questions not to be critiqued. And second of all I was asking because I wasn't planning on having a shower I was told by my husbands grandmother that she was going to have 1 for me. By me posting this was for me to figure out if I should let her or tell her I don't want one. I don't need 1 we are very capable of getting the stuff ourselves. I don't give a shit if I am already a mother or not a baby shower isn't for the mother it is to welcome the new baby hence the name "baby shower".
  • VOR said:

"Not having anything" isn't an excuse to have another shower.  It is NOT anyone's responsibility to buy stuff for your child other than you.  I get it- it's expensive and having to buy it all at once is a lot of $$.  but it's YOUR choice to have a child and YOUR responsibility. Period, end of story.

ANd while showers are technically about gifts, they aren't about passing on the responsibility of your child onto your friends and family. 

I'm not a freaking idiot I know my children is my responsibility. So you saying showers are about gifts not passing the responsibility of your child onto someone your saying that no one should ever have a baby shower regardless of what number child it is for or have a birthday party for your child and tell people they aren't allowed to bring them gifts or a bridal shower cause you know if your old enough to get married your sure as hell old enough to get everything you need yourself because you know then you wouldn't be responsible for yourself.
  • Idani said:

Newer user, one post, full of tacky, I'm going with MUD. Or if you really are serious, everyone else alerted you on your tackiness. 

I was very serious. Talking about tackiness, this reply of yours was definitely that!
  • Darbie914 said:

I have 2 kids. My boy is 7yr old and daughter is almost 5yrs old. We weren't planning to have any more kids so we got rid of everything and found out in August I was pregnant. I had baby showers for both of my kids and was wondering if I should have 1 for this baby since we don't have anything anymore.

First off, isn't community boards for people to ask questions not to be critiqued. And second of all I was asking because I wasn't planning on having a shower I was told by my husbands grandmother that she was going to have 1 for me. By me posting this was for me to figure out if I should let her or tell her I don't want one. I don't need 1 we are very capable of getting the stuff ourselves. I don't give a shit if I am already a mother or not a baby shower isn't for the mother it is to welcome the new baby hence the name "baby shower".

QFP.

Also, no. A baby shower is to welcome a woman to motherhood. It's not about welcoming a new life or new baby because the baby isn't even there.
    Any of my baby showers was after my kids were born. How the hell is a baby shower not welcoming a new life that's the whole purpose of 1.
  • Why did you even ask? You seem pretty set in having one.
    You posted on a public forum where people are going to give you their opinions as they see fit. No need to be so butt hurt people think it is in poor taste.
  • Ewwwww

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I don't think it is necessary but don't know how to decline. And I don't think its "tacky" to have multiple showers if people want to do it for you.
    It's easy, just say that you're uncomfortable with having a 3rd baby shower. Or have your husband talk to her since she's his grandma.

And who are all these people who want this shower? I only count you and your husband's grandma. Do you know what the people you invite are gonna think?
  • I would pull grandma aside and explain that you appreciate the thought, but a 3rd baby shower is not for you.  Have a sip & see or a nice baptism if you're religious after baby is born to celebrate baby.

<leader of the pack small photo leaderofthepacksmall_zps19d110a4.jpg photo r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"