One & Done: Only child

Help with dry skin

It's that time of year again where I feel like a human snake.  The skin on my body is so dry, and my lips will be chapped from now until April.  I currently use cocoa butter as my everyday body lotion and Carmex on my lips-- but neither seem to be cutting it.

Anyone want to recommend their heavy duty mositurizers/ lip stuff?

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

Re: Help with dry skin

• I have terrible eczema and one of the best moisturizing creams (for the hands and body) is CeraVe, preferably the one that comes in a tub. It's super rich but penetrates and isn't greasy like Aquaphor (which is better if you have actual cracks). 

Signed,

The person who has to sleep in gloves and slathered with lotion so my hands don't bleed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• For lips, Bath & Body Works has this overnight balm that is AMAZING. I use it pretty much daily and even in the winter when I lived up north, I never had to worry about dry lips. I even sneak it on DD when she's asleep if she has dry lips. It's CO BIgelow's My Favorite Night Balm, comes in a little dark blue tube.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Loading the player...
  • @jellybean529- thanks-- I think I will look for the overnight lip balm.

@pegacorn- I have read lots of things about coconut oil.  Do you buy the actual oil, or do you use a specific lotion that has coconut oil extract in it?

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Thanks @pegacorn-- ahh-- the cooking aisle.  That's why I have never seen it :\">

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• I use trader joes organic extra virgin coconut oil as a moisturizer at night, and a lighter moisturizer along with sunblock in the morning. I would use coconut oil during the day, but I love using kiehl's lotion.

imageimageimage
  • One other thing for skin moisturizers that I didn't see mentioned is udder balm--not the brand, but actual cow udder balm.  You have to go to a veterinary office or supply store to find it, but it works amazingly well. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"