Cincinnati Babies
Options

Sleeeeeep!

Hi mommies!

So, my daughter just turned 4 months old and I'm thinking of starting some "sleep training." She's currently sleeping in a bassinet in her nursery for most of the night. Anytime we've tried to put her in her crib, she is just not a fan. But at least she's in her nursery now!

At any rate, up until recently she had been sleeping 6-8 hours at night, waking up around 3:30 for a feeding, then I'd bring her back in bed with me until I woke up at 5am to get us ready for work (and her for the sitter). Well,she's reverted! She is now being a bear to get to sleep at night. And you can tell she's tired! And, she's only sleeping about 3-4 hours in her nursery on her own.

Any advice on some sleep training techniques that aren't totally all "cry it out" (not that there's anything wrong with that!!! Just would like to ease her in if I can).

Help! I need more sleep!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sleeeeeep!

• Options
    Thank you so much @mrscatfarmer13‌ ! I'm kind of with you on the sleep training thing. But I've read some success stories so I suppose it's worth a try. I'll check out that old thread. Thanks again!

• Options
    Have y'all met Merlin? I think not. Meet baby Merlin's magical sleep suit. Thank me later.
    https://www.magicsleepsuit.com/
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mamaloafmamaloaf member
    edited November 2014
    I know of Merlin. Never bothered with him because DS started rolling at three months and insisted on sleeping on his stomach, so the suit would have been out at that point anyway. He had been swaddled until then and sleeping fine. It wasn't until about fiveish months that sleep really went to crap around here. But a lot of moms on my BMB have good things to say about Merlin.
    Baby K rolls constantly, and Merlin doesn't affect her sleep. It helps either way they sleep because it keeps them from "jumping" their arms up and waking themselves.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    These look kind of magical for real. And I am willing to try anything!!!! Merlin, come to me and work hour magical powers!

• Options
    I'm having the opposite nap problem...she naps just fine for the sitter but doesn't want to nap for me during the day on the weekends!

• Options
    Kind of late to this thread, but wanted to share my experience with the ZipadeeZip.  I was desperate to get DD out of the swaddle, she was addicted and also would only sleep in her swing not the crib.  Found the zippy by doing a google search and found it highly recommend on other mom sites.  They were recently featured on SharkTank, thankfully I got mine before the show because now they are almost sold out on a lot of sizes.  But, this thing saved us! It is basically a sleep sack and keeps their hands covered so it is great for the winter.  We were able to get DD to sleep in the crib within a couple of days and finally sleeping the night and taking naps like a champ.  There have been some not so great days but overall the change in her sleep has been amazing, here's a link to the website:  https://zipadeezip.com
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"