July 2015 Moms

To tell family on thanksgiving or xmas??

ks24119ks24119 member
edited November 2014 in July 2015 Moms
This is our first! We are 6 weeks 2 days and have already been to the dr and seen the heartbeat! A month and a half ago we had a chemical pregancy. So totally unsure when to tell our parents!! Any suggestions?? Thanksgiving at 8 weeks or xmas at 12??

Re: To tell family on thanksgiving or xmas??

• Whenever you feel most comfortable. We told our parents at 4 weeks. If something had gone wrong I would want my parents to know.
  • We already told close family.  They are incredibly supportive no matter what.  We planned to tell the rest of the world at around 8-10 weeks.

Hailey Jo born 1/11/2011 after successful IUI

TTC #2 Since 06/2012
    Me: 28 - PCOS w/ IR
    DH: 29

Cycle #1 
    Clomid + Ovidrel + TI = BFP

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We're telling parents and siblings at thanksgiving, then extended family at Christmas.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We've already told parents and a few close friends. We don't go "officially" public until after 1st tri, but the people we tell really early on are the people we would tell if something went wrong anyways. It's our support network, so we share. Plus, I can't hold in my excitement!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I told just my mom and step dad and best friend. I had a miscarriage a few months ago so am waiting to tell everyone else till Christmas. But it's whatever you are comfortable with. I'm just waiting for their peace of mind as I told right away last time.
  • I will tell my parents over thanksgiving week . I'm flying back to ca. Christmas nye for everyone else
  • I personally haven't told anyone yet, we are waiting until around Christmas. I guess I just want it to be private for as long as possible. Iam not on very good terms with his family so I don't want them to know our business. As for my family... they can wait. My mom isn't incredibly supportive and my other siblings have their own stuff going on. I also want to make sure nothing goes wrong. I am pretty private so I wouldn't really want anyone to know if something happened. But that is just me. It is different for everyone :)
  • I'm waiting til December 10 when I visit my parents out of state. I'll be 8-9 weeks by then. Every time I've miscarried, it was around 6 weeks... so I'll feel ok telling them then.

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • edited November 2014
    Congratulations! This is our first too! My husband's family has been asking about it, so we're actually going to tell our parents this weekend (to keep them in the know), but we're keeping it a secret from all the new Aunts and Uncles until Christmas so we can surprise them, in a cute pinteresty way! Haha.
  • Do what you feel comfortable with!! Either way there are some very cute ways to break the big news. Good luck and keep us updated:)
  • We already told our parents but are waiting until Christmas to tell siblings and extended family.
  • Do what you are comfortable with. That being said we are waiting until Christmas bc I have had two previous miscarriages and don't feel comfortable telling anyone before then. My husband and I are extreme introverts and would rather mourn alone if something were to happen.
  • Thanks so much for all of the advise!! I am so close with my family it is very hard to keep this a secret! Any suggestions for cute announcements for thanksgiving? I thought if we waited for xmas I would wrap an ornament with the photo of the ultrasound for my mom and mother in law !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"