October 2014 Moms
Options

C-Section Recovery Check In -- Nov 10 --

How far out are you from your surgery? How are you feeling in general?

What challenges have you faced this week? What progress have you seen?

What do you hope to be able to do in the next week that you couldn't in the last week?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: C-Section Recovery Check In -- Nov 10 --

• Options
    How far out are you from your surgery? How are you feeling in general? It will be two weeks tomorrow. Today was my first day I was able to go without any pain meds. So I am currently self medicating with a very small glass of wine.

What challenges have you faced this week? What progress have you seen? The hardest part for me has been some pain on the right end of my incision. It can really bother me.

What do you hope to be able to do in the next week that you couldn't in the last week? Drive. I was told until I can stomp my foot without pain I can't drive. Since I survived the day comfortably without pain meds, I am hoping that will be this week. We will see though.
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ashie0610ashie0610 member
    edited November 2014
    5 weeks and a few days out. I'm feeling really frustrated. 

I feel like I'm going backwards. Last week I was feeling great and must have overdone it after two full days on my own with both kids. My oldest is potty trained now but still needs help pulling his pants up and down and getting into position on the big toilet, so there is a ton of squatting and a little bit of lifting involved, even with a stool.  I have been really good about not lifting him, but when it's just us I have no choice but to help him get on the toilet.  I'm feeling really tender and sore right above my incision and on my sides again.  It must be where the internal incision and stitches are.  

What do you hope to be able to do in the next week that you couldn't in the last week?
    I'm hoping to feel better and start exercising next week, but I'm really afraid they will tell me I'm not ready yet. :(  Will they just have me come back again in a couple weeks if they don't think I've healed?
    PM me for blog link!

Lilypie - (oGcT)Lilypie - (iEmQ)  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    5 weeks tomorrow - starting to feel sad and frustrated.

I only feel the incision when I start to overdue things, but after a long look in the mirror today I'm feeling like I'll never really have my stomach back. I didn't look like a super model or anything, but still looked pretty good in a bikini and now I have this huge scar and weird lump above it. For the first time I feel like I've been maimed. I'm hoping this fades (my feelings and the scar).

Longer walks so I can get some in before the weather gets ugly.
  • Options
    3.5 weeks since c section been pushing myself to walk more. Though walking and carrying lo for more than a few minutes is torture. Feeling a lot of pulling and tugging when I walk to much. Almost completely weaned of pain meds

Next week I just hope to continue walking and building up more stamina. Get twinges when I walk so hoping to get less twinges
  • Options
    I'm 3.5 weeks as well. Still have burning sensation a few inches above incision. The biggest challenge is that I can't lift the car seat so have not left the house on my own. My goals for the next week are to run an errand with baby and start walking on the treadmill.
  • Options

3w5d

I was feeling pretty good, and I'm able to walk 3 miles briskly with my wrap/brace on, but I'm wondering if I should cool it for a few days, since I have bad pain on my right side (it was my back, but it moved to my side muscles). I've been so happy that I'm back on the treadmill, so I don't want to stop if it's just pain from lifting the baby. I can't decide. With my brace, little pain. Without, pain, so I'm going to wear it today all day again. I just really didn't want to rely on it. I need to build these muscles again.

Oops. I kinda said that above. Plus body image issues. I want the weight of now. I know that's ridiculous, but people posting that they are at pre pregnancy weight already is really making me feel like shit, because I need to run to lose weight and I can't. I'm also worried about the pooch from c sections.

I'm also really feeling like I almost have ptsd about the surgery and hospital stay. It was a nightmare. And when I see my scar, or read another person's story, I relive it.

I just hope the side pain goes away.
  • Options
    I'm 5 1/2 weeks out. I'm generally doing well, physically. Emotionally, it's a whole different story, but I'm trying to be a little more optimistic today.

This week's challenge was feeling up to being back to a mild activity level, but not being able to put The Screamer down long enough to actually get in any activity. But I got him a new swing (the Rockaroo), which seems to keep him pacified long enough for me to at least clean up some things around the house. Plus I tried vacuuming while wearing him in the k'tan with great success.

I'm hoping to fit into my fat jeans by this time next week. So far I can get them on, but the area around my incision is still too swollen for me to be able to button the jeans comfortably. So close! I think losing another couple of pounds overall will really help. Wearing real pants again will be so nice.
  • Options
    3.5 weeks out. I think I am doing really well, but I have been taking it easy. Tried grocery shopping last week and felt really achy around my incision after walking around the store.
    Still taking colace, hoping going off it won't constipate me. I have pain on and off on the left side, near the incision. I am also bummed about how my belly looks... Scar with lumps above it.
    Moving around has become easier, getting out of bed, bending down, etc. So it is nice to see progress.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    17 days out from surgery. I had some issues, developed a hematoma and had to have to probed and bled in the hospital. Still have a small opening that has been bleeding since then, but is now down to a slight weeping, so that's slowed my progress down but is starting to get better.
    I feel run down most of the time, but could also be attributed to having a new born :) Honestly, I just want the incision to stop bleeding, and I feel like that would make life easier again.

The leaking on the incision is less, so that's the biggest progress. I can also sneeze more comfortably now, almost without holding the incision site for comfort.

I'm hoping I can stop rinsing out the incision with saline, and stop wearing bandages to bed at night!

It's a BOY! Est. Due Date - October 17th

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    For those pulling the strips off...I think my OB said they would just fall off on their own. Honestly, the entire hospital phase was such a blur for me. I don't think I started thinking somewhat clearly til about 5-6 days post partum, so who knows.

Is there a reason to pull them off before they fall off on their own? Maybe I should call my OB...
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    meagpt22 said:
    For the strips my OB said pull off at 2 weeks if they hadn't fallen off on their own. No reasoning given..but I pulled off at 2 weeks exactly.

At the hospital they said to let them fall off on their own but my dr pulled them off at the 2 week appt
  • Options

meagpt22 said:

For the strips my OB said pull off at 2 weeks if they hadn't fallen off on their own. No reasoning given..but I pulled off at 2 weeks exactly.

At the hospital they said to let them fall off on their own but my dr pulled them off at the 2 week appt
    This was me too

• Options
    I kept waiting for my strips to fall off and they didn't. I took them off in the shower at about 3+ weeks. The nurse on the phone just said they can start to smell if you leave them on too long.
  • Options

I kept waiting for my strips to fall off and they didn't. I took them off in the shower at about 3+ weeks. The nurse on the phone just said they can start to smell if you leave them on too long.

It's been 4 weeks. I'm too scared!
  • Options
    FamousEa said:

SPurp13 said:

You'll be ok, I had DH pull mine off this time, my incision is numb and I couldn't feel it. You need to get them off though, getting them wet in the shower really helps with the anxiety of them coming off.
    My doctor not to pull them off. To just pick at it if it lifted on its own. I'm so confused.
  • Options
    FamousEa said:

SPurp13 said:

FamousEa said:

SPurp13 said:

You'll be ok, I had DH pull mine off this time, my incision is numb and I couldn't feel it. You need to get them off though, getting them wet in the shower really helps with the anxiety of them coming off.
    My doctor not to pull them off. To just pick at it if it lifted on its own. I'm so confused.

That's weird but I guess every doctor is different. I'm surprised they haven't fallen off at this point, at 2 weeks PP with DD2 they were hanging and this time by 10 days PP they were falling off on their own.
    They've hardly gotten wet. I faced away from the shower for the first 2 and a half weeks (if I was able to shower at all) and then I was trying to dry up my milk so I faced away from the shower from 2.5 weeks up until today. I think my boobs are almost done now. Tomorrow I'll gave the stream and lightly scrub. I was too scared before. I just kind of let soapy water run down over it before. I refuse to look at it. I could be bleeding out for all I know but at my 2 week check she said it looked awesome. If it's not peeling by Monday I'll call. I do want it over with. It can't stay on until I'm 40.
  • Options
    All this talk of strips and I have no idea what you guys are talking about.  My incision just looks like it was crazy-glued back together.
    PM me for blog link!

• Options
    See, I don't really feel strips. Is it glue? She said it was glue. But she also said to peel this whatever it is off when it flakes. It feels like one long line. I'm going to take time in the shower and really soak and carefully scrub and see what that gets me.
  • Options
    P.s. skin glue makes me really feel sick. Sewing or stapling seems much more secure...
  • Options
    Interesting! I don't see anything other than the line and it's just looked like a scar from the beginning. They said all of my stitches are internal.
    PM me for blog link!

• Options
    Saying "Skin glue" makes me shudder...
  • Options
    3 1/2 weeks since c/s so far.. Feeling okay...

This may sound silly but I hate sneezing in public.. or sneezing in general... and always hold in my sneezes. This hasn't really impacted any element of my life until yesterday. I swear I had the world's largest sneeze. I was walking into Costco, went to hold in my sneeze and felt a super sharp pain near my incision. I immediately rushed to the bathroom to check on everything. So far it looks okay but feels a little sore inside. Trying to keep a close eye on it. 

Lift the carseat into the car. It's still a little too much weight for me with LO in it. 
    Baby #1: Palmer Olivia - October 2014
    Baby #2: Emmeline Grey - August 2016
    Baby #3: BFP 9/7/18  |  EDD 05/24/19
  • Options

3 1/2 weeks since c/s so far.. Feeling okay...

This may sound silly but I hate sneezing in public.. or sneezing in general... and always hold in my sneezes. This hasn't really impacted any element of my life until yesterday. I swear I had the world's largest sneeze. I was walking into Costco, went to hold in my sneeze and felt a super sharp pain near my incision. I immediately rushed to the bathroom to check on everything. So far it looks okay but feels a little sore inside. Trying to keep a close eye on it. 

Lift the carseat into the car. It's still a little too much weight for me with LO in it. 
    I'm a little sore still, but the only thing that really still hurts me is a good sneeze.
    PM me for blog link!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"