October 2012 Moms

Work it Wednesday

So I feel like starting a randoms thread today. And because my day starts waaaayyy before yours.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Work it Wednesday

• I need help with wording on a birthday card. A friend is turning 40 this weekend, and she is a bit bleak about it. I want to write her a message listing her achievements. She has a two year old and a newborn, and I want to include her children in the list, BUT her two year old had a twin, who died when he was 3 months old. So. Any ideas? I want to include him, but I don't know how to.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm up I'm up I'm up.

I'm working from home today, but have an appt later on so I figured I would start super early

I had a terrible dream that I was on a plane and he pulled up really hard to the point we flipped upside down and I was convinced that it was the end. I even asked in the dream "could this be a dream, is this real?" And was 100% convinced it was in fact real. We did survive, but when my alarm went off I woke up with horrible chest pains.

@LorMor‌ that's a tough one :( I honestly wouldn't be able to bring it up, but I'm very closed-off when it comes to things like that- which is probably not a good thing.

• Loading the player...
  • chricastchricast member
    edited November 2014
    My inlaws the angels they are came and took emma to their house today. She has begun mocking me as I dry heave into the toilet and hack up a lung.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• My dog figured out how to open our pocket doors. I close them so the dogs are confined to the kitchen/ living room. Came home to the big dog laying in my bed, across the pillows. Bedding full of dog hair and slobbers. She's lucky she's so sweet otherwise.
  • @chricast‌ Love tit for your in laws, not for the coughing/heaving :(
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• LorMor said:
    @mbm1983 They can be champion negotiators. I'll tell T that she can't jump on the couch. So she'll look me in the eye and jump-sit, and say "Is this a jump?" then she'll do a little hop and say "Is this a jump?" and the little fucker will actually have me trying to work out what is technically a jump and what isn't.

@NeedUtonite: thank you, those are good suggestions. I'll try to work out the whole message and see how they fit.
    LOLLLL!!!!!!!!!!! This is hilarious!!

• I was productive this morning and I'm pretty caught up at the moment. Just pushed the button on a grant proposal, so fingers crossed I get it!

• @Rachelilly23‌ , when I went off bc, it was amazing how much my interest in sex improved. Post partum, MH was practically jumping at the chance to get snipped, just because then we would avoid me going on bc.

C is also a champion negotiator. She always holds up 1 finger and says "one more, mama. One more. " And now, when she does something naughty, she asks. "Funny, mama?" And I say, no, it's sassy, not funny. And then she barks like a dog. As if she's trying to distract me from her sassiness, or make me laugh. It works more than it should.
  • Moms of smaller babes... can I ask a question? Did your babes have weights or heights that were off the chart? Did the doctor ever show concern to do additional testing? I'm going to delete this later. My nanny's sweet baby is about 8.5 months old and weighs 13 pounds and some change. She wasn't concerned until her doctor showed concern at his last well baby check. So they made a weight check appointment and he didn't grow or gain weight during a month's time. They took blood and they're doing some tests and more appointments. I know my nanny is sick about this, but I've been trying to reassure her that he's perfect. She's bfing him more often and feeding him good things. Does anyone have experience? Is FTT the worse case scenario? And what does that even mean, exactly?? I'm worried for the little man. He's so active and meeting all his milestones early. Could he just be burning all his calories?  

• @bcv, was he always small, or does this show a recent drop off in growth? Our doc always said it was fine as long as percentiles didn't drop majorly. I'm sure the doc is just trying to be cautious and rule out anything that could be a problem.

One of my friends son was average sized at birth, but gained weight really slowly. At 6 months was about 11 lbs, and was just below 17 lbs at a year. Now he's 3 and still tiny. About the same size as C. But his docs aren't worried, he's healthy and meeting milestones. But has small parents, so maybe he's destined to be petite.
  • Just got a call from my boss. We didn't have the most positive conversation. I confessed to him during my evaluation a few months ago that I was having a hard time keeping up with my long commute, work and family, particularly during harvest. Looking back, that was a mistake to confide in him! After I submitted a grant proposal today he called to say that he was "confused" because he thought I was "on my way out". I never said that! I just told him I was having a hard time. Administration is always telling us to keep communication open, yet I feel like my words are getting used against me!

• @BabyCarryingVessel‌ im so.sorry. that sounds like a tough call. I hope.he omes around and doesnt think you are.goin to leave all.the time. Hugs!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"