August 2012 Moms

Winter coat?

What are you using for a winter coat for your LO this year?

Last year we got by with a heavy fleece that had a hood, and I felt ok about her wearing in the car seat. She also had a puffy coat that she wore maybe 3 times.

Any recs for winter coats?
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Winter coat?

• We saw this coat at the gap yesterday: https://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1018483&vid=1&pid=982391002
    Tried it on Aidan before realizing it was a girls jacket. It's super cute (not bulky at all either) and I wish I had a girl to put it on!
    blighted ovum 5w3d 10/11
    Aidan Russell 8/7/12
    missed m/c 8w6d 11/1/13
    Shane Ryan 8/25/14
    imageimage
  • Still just using a heavy fleece for DD but it is just starting to get cold here. I did use her snow jacket last year but always took it off to hook her in the seat then put it on backwards with a blanket over her lap. Will probably do something similar like that again.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • we usually use fleece and layers for the car seat. we have a couple of columbia fleeces we got at marshall's that are really warm. i also recently got a fleece-lined rain coat at costco that should be great for days when it's raining or snowing.

for non-car-seat use, we have an osh kosh down coat that my mom scored at tj maxx for $14.99. we also have a hand-me-down hanna anderson snow suit.

last year DS was kinda too little to be out running in the snow, but i'm expecting he'll spend a lot more time outside and will get more use out of the down coat and snow suit.

i highly recommend both tj maxx/marshall's and costco (if you're a member)- they both have very affordable stuff.
  • I got one for LO over at Old navy.  It's a fleeced lined jacket.  It's great cause it's not thick (LO never has liked the thick jackets).   

1999- Dx Prolactinoma

8-25-2012 - Lucas born via C-section at 38 Weeks 2 days
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• We have a fleece light-weight jackets for the carseat and then a shearling coat for outside layered over as of today, the first cold day of the year (it's in the 30's - yuck!). 
  • We have a puffy jacket that DD loves to wear outside, but we take it off when she's in the carseat. She wears a really warm hoodie for in the car seat, it gets incredibly cold here, so it's hard to get her out of her warm winter coat, so for quick trips, or daycare drop offs we wrap her up in a blanket over her sweater and take her to the car...that is pre-warming...from our place. It's not ideal...but who wants to stay in their coat in the car anyway? She always run warm, so she would sweat like crazy if we kept her in anything more than a hoodie.

DD Born August 16, 2012
    DS Due April 27, 2015
  • Right now I just have her in a fleese in the car.  We have a puffy frost free jacket from old navy for playing outside.  I keep my car in the garrage, and warm it, so that hasn't been a problem.  Sometimes I'll put her puffy jacket on real quick over her fleese as we run in and out of DC and stores.  Then take it off to put her in the car seat.  But it is such a hassle taking it on and off!  The fleese we have is thin, so I need to find her a thicker one.  But I haven't had much luck!

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"