June 2013 Moms
Options

Clicky Poll - Do you feed your kid(s) hot breakfast?

GraceInCAGraceInCA member
edited November 2014 in June 2013 Moms
Or do they get a hot breakfast at daycare. I'm teaching my daughter to say "Wir essen Frühstück." image

Clicky Poll - Do you feed your kid(s) hot breakfast? 80 votes

No, never a hot breakfast.
6% 5 votes
Yes, but only sometimes.
31% 25 votes
Yes, about half the time.
22% 18 votes
Yes, most of the time.
18% 15 votes
Yes, every morning.
21% 17 votes

Re: Clicky Poll - Do you feed your kid(s) hot breakfast?

• Options
    momofcatanmomofcatan member
    edited November 2014
    Every morning is instant oatmeal and fruit (I am slightly more creative with lunch and dinner, I promise). I feel like that doesn't really count, but it is warm...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

A hot breakfast is offered every morning (I usually make eggs or pancakes or English muffins with PB for myself) but the boys only eat what I make half the time. G wants granola and fruit 90% of the time and Lo only wants milk, ever, but will eat the occasional pancake with fruit hidden in it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Every morning is instant oatmeal and fruit (I am slightly more creative with lunch and dinner, I promise). I feel like that doesn't really count, but it is warm...
    Oatmeal counts.

• Options
    calikat80 said:

A hot breakfast is offered every morning (I usually make eggs or pancakes or English muffins with PB for myself) but the boys only eat what I make half the time. G wants granola and fruit 90% of the time and Lo only wants milk, ever, but will eat the occasional pancake with fruit hidden in it.

this used to be us. Lately since she hasn't really been interested in breakfast she has some Cheerios and yogurt while playing and then is starving by about 11. So some days its breakfast food at that time (eggs and toast or waffles with fruit) other days it's more lunch type stuff. Depends what I'm in the mood for
    div style="text-align: center;">

• Options
    I said most because we mostly eat oatmeal together.  The other days are days when we do yogurt or something like that.  But I really love to eat steel cut oats for breakfast, and LO really packs them away these days, so I have to believe he loves them too!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Options
    Oh yes! He loves hot breakfast!

• Options
    GraceInCAGraceInCA member
    edited November 2014
    Hot breakfast tip for busy moms: If you have one of those smaller rice cookers/slow cookers, you can throw in some oatmeal the night before and have a hot breakfast waiting in the morning. It takes a while to get the water/juice/liquid/fruit/seasoning/oatmeal proportion right.  Also, chia seeds make a good cold pudding you can blend and put in the fridge the night before. I mix with almond milk or coconut milk or something similar and sometimes blend in cocoa powder or other tasty things, and in the morning we have pudding ready.

• Options
    Weekdays it's yogurt, side of fruit, and off to school.  Weekends it's oatmeal + fruit.
  • Options
    I voted about half the time.  I like to mix things up and give the kids lots of variety.  About one day a week we do pancakes and sausage.  If I don't have time to cook from scratch, I serve these:

Both kids love the TJ's meatless breakfast sausage patties.

Baby girl is also very fond of scrambled eggs. 

• Options
    My husband is an early bird so he makes the boys a hot breakfast every single morning. Sometimes they don't eat it and then ds1 will ask for some Cheerios or fruit when I come down.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    He usually has 2 scrambled eggs with fruit or pancakes.

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• Options
    @GraceInCA‌ I almost always double my pancake or waffle recipe when I make them, let the extras cool and then freeze them with parchment between the layers. They're so easy to just pop in the toaster on days I don't have time or don't feel like cooking.
    div style="text-align: center;">

• Options
    daffy2k said:
    @GraceInCA‌ I almost always double my pancake or waffle recipe when I make them, let the extras cool and then freeze them with parchment between the layers. They're so easy to just pop in the toaster on days I don't have time or don't feel like cooking.
    I used to do this also, but haven't in a while. I should start again.

• Options
    calikat80 said:

My husband is an early bird so he makes the boys a hot breakfast every single morning. Sometimes they don't eat it and then ds1 will ask for some Cheerios or fruit when I come down.

So he is up with the early birds and makes a hot breakfast?! Is he interested in a sister wife?

He wakes up at 6 am every day but he goes to bed early. The kids are up at around 7-7:30. I go to bed late as I clean and do laundry so he let's me sleep until 8.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Daycare breakfast FTW
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Options
    It's the oatmeal time of year.  She gets oatmeal, a lot of the time "mine".
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I usually make a batch of mini pancakes or muffins at the beginning of the week using whatever fruit is leftover from last week.  he gets 2 or 3 of those with some fruit & cottage cheese each morning...I'm contemplating making some sort of baked egg dish that i can just cut into squares and reheat, I feel like he's becoming a carbaholic...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"