LGBT Parenting
Options

TEN THINGS TUESDAY

I am determined to do my TTT today so I figured if I started it, it would make me more likely to do it!!!

Give us your ten things!!!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

Re: TEN THINGS TUESDAY

• Options
    1. I'm up and showered already, yay me!!!
    2. My wife is off work today and we are meeting some friends at a park later on this morning, trying to enjoy the last few decent days before the stupid polar vortex hits.
    3. I'm not ready for winter, we all need new winter coats, hats and gloves for the kiddos.
    4. Adalyn is 10 weeks old and turning into a little person and not such a smooshy newborn.
    5. I really cannot believe the holidays are right around the corner.
    6. Potty training is no joke. It might just send me to the looney bin.
    7. I'm still exclusively breast feeding and it makes me very proud of myself. I love being able to provide all the nutrition my baby needs.
    8. I've gained almost 10 lbs in the lady two months, damn sweet tooth.
    9. I'm pretty sure I'm always going to be tired
    10. Happy Veterans Day! Thank you for all those that have served.
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options

1. My wife, J, is a member of a few different FB parenting groups, once of which is a local group for the area where we live. Someone posted yesterday looking for good pediatrician recommendations. J responded about the practice where we go and said glowing things about our practice and 2 of the drs there, but mentioned a third doctor we have seen there that we did not click with. She said we had to wait over an hour to see this doctor when we typically only wait 5 mins (which is true), and she said that this particular doctor did not seem very engaged and was in and out quickly and a bit abrupt (also true, in my opinion). She said that the practice is great, and the 2 other docs are awesome, but this other Dr there we just didn't click with. I read the post and saw absolutely nothing wrong with it. It was not overly harsh, it was factual, and she did make sure to say glowing things about the practice overall. WELLLL.... turns out that this doctor who we didn't much care for is also a member of this parenting community group on FB. She read J's post and starting bombarding her with private messages on FB asking her to take down her post because it was inappropriate and damaging to not only this dr's reputation, but the practice overall. I re-read J's post looking for snarky-ness, inappropriateness, etc., and it just wasn't there. It was respectful and well said, and simply stated that we didn't click with that dr. My poor wife was really, really upset about this. She is not a confrontational person at all, and she was really upset to think that she "started something" with a dr at the practice where we take our son. I am pretty sure she ended up deleting the post. Anyway, I am also really upset about this, but not sure doing anything else about it at this point would bode well for our relationship with the practice (that we really do like!).... thoughts?

2. 9 more working days for me (including today) and then I am off for a week! But who is counting?!?! :)

3. J and I decided about a week ago that we will TTC#2 next summer regardless of where we are living. If that means cramming another kiddo into our small little city house, we will make it work for a while. I keep thinking about how crazy that is, but honestly, my desire to grow our family is strong, and I know we will make it work with time. As much as I want to move, our current mortgage is cheap, and it makes living on one income doable for us... if we take on a larger mortgage, well... something is going to have to give. I don't know. I am torn. But in the end I think we need to follow our hearts, and my heart is telling me to have another baby soon.

4. I need to stop caring what other people think. And stop feeling like I need to justify my choices to others. That is soooo easier said than done.

5. J is on the hunt for a cool rustic looking ladder, because we have decided to hang our Christmas stocking this year like this: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/408772103651065337/ 

6. Last night when I was talking to my mother on the phone she told me that we should really consider only having 2 kids. Ummm?!?!?! I don't think I asked my mom's input on how many kids my wife and I should have. Also, my mom has 4 kids, sooo..... she went on to tell me that kids are expensive (really? they are?!?!), and that if we want to pay for their educations, we should really only have two. THIS outraged me a little. Even though I said nothing as to not pick a fight. My mother has 4 children, and I am the oldest. My parents did not pay one penny for my education. I financed my undergrad and graduate degrees with student loans. I worked 4 jobs in college to pay for my own books, my own car payment and insurance and my own cell phone bill. My senior year of college J and I got an apartment together and I added rent to the list. I have supported myself 1000% since I was 18, and I have never complained. Now my mother thinks that it is OK for her to tell me that I should really only have 2 kids so that I can afford to pay for their educations? I don't know. It just rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't tell J about it, because she would have exploded. I don't need her to have another reason to not like my mother.

7. I am not ready for winter. I am super excited about the holidays, but not about freezing cold and snow. The forecast tells me that it is only supposed to be 40 degrees on Friday. I need a new winter coat. Ugh!

8. I can't remember if I posted this already or not... so if I already mentioned it, just ignore this one! J and I decided that we are going to do a 25 days of Christmas with William this year, and take a different holiday themed photo of him every day from Dec 1 - Dec 25. Then we will turn them all into a photo book and maybe make an advent calendar for next year with the photos somehow. I am super excited! This means we need lots of holiday outfits for him (we already have 2 pairs of holiday PJs and a few other items, but we need more!)... it is going to be fun!

9. J cooked dinner last night! And it was yummy! I cook 95% of the time (which is fine, because I enjoy it), but it was sooooo nice to come home last night to a home cooked dinner. The house smelled good. It was great! She made this vegan veggie bake that was delish! And we have lots of left overs. Even if she does this once a month, I will be a happy wife! :)

10.  It is currently 10am, and I am already hungry for lunch. Ugh oh....

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1.  C's CDL class is finally winding down.  Her road test is Thursday morning. 

2.  A friend of ours was in a car accident on Saturday.  He works for our town driving snow plow and maintaining the roads.  He won't be working for a minimum of 6 months.  We're hoping that C can get his job after her road test, even if it's only temporary.  This would greatly relieve the financial stress that I'm feeling and get her the job experience. 

3.  I'm trying to psych myself up for my HSG on Friday. 

4.  It's a beautiful day out already.  C and I are going to work on finishing up our wood for this season.  Only 2.5 logs left to cut and split.  There's a decent pile left to stack though. 

5.  I'm really not ready for the snow and cold.  I'm dreading it. 

6.  Does someone want to pick out a new donor for me?  C has no interest and I'm just not feeling up for it lately.  I look at the profiles and just think blah, blah, blah.  Maybe some wine would help...

7.  Our Boston Terrier can make smelly farts like no other!  This little guy can clear a room and does on a semi-regular basis.  Like right now, as he lays on the floor under my feet. 

8.  I'm still thinking about this whole polyamory thing.  I think @CrazyAunt84 is right, I think we are more emotionally stretchy than we might give ourselves credit for. 

9.  If I didn't have such a good job with good benefits, I would quit and C would get a job over the road and we would travel together.  I would love that. 

10.  I think a motorcycle ride is in our future today. 

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    1. I'm grappling with an odd situation.  We are friends with a couple and we've recently become closer because they now have had a baby and joined the boring "parents" club. Anyway the husband has been long time friends with our donor (since they were teens), and the wife has known our donor (E) since she started dating her husband several years ago.  They have their own relationship with him, which includes many foolish tales from their youth. And the wife in particular isn't that fond of our donor.  
    So here's the issue, she will say things that I realized I find kind of upset me.  Like the other day when she made a comment about Kaden being left-handed (she is as well). She said "Well that can't be from E, I can't see him as being creative enough to be left-handed".  Now I don't think she meant anything by it, but EV and I don't want our kids to hear negative things about their donor. Especially Kaden who is now listening to everything we say so carefully.  We want them to develop their own distant/occasional relationship with E eventually. We've always had great experiences with E, and I really like him. But we also picked someone we weren't that close with so we wouldn't have constant contact with him (or about him).  It feels weird to me that someone looks at my kids and sees someone-else's involvement when I really just see EV and myself. I mean I'm grateful for the sperm (and DNA) but I rarely ponder our donor E's connection to our kids. 
    Anyway I need to say something to our friends and let them know I'd rather we not talk about the donor around them, and definitely I would prefer if we don't say negative things, or share stories. To be honest, I myself don't really want that level of intimacy.   Any thoughts of how to approach it? I am trying to process my feelings so I'm not "blah!!"  I heart our friends, they're great people and I don't want to create a wedge by being weird.  I also feel super protective of my kids around this issue for some reason.

2. Sorry #1 was soooo long!

3. I've been trying to use Stevia instead of sugar and I really can't get over the taste. :P

4. EV mentioned off-handedly that someone could open the side gate and snatch our kid if they wanted (she meant it to say that terrible things can happen, but often don't).  But all I can think about is someone stealing my kid away. Last night at 11pm I wired it shut.  Sigh... being a mom has made me a little crazy sometimes.

5. I'm going to have to "un-wire" the gate today to take the garbage cans to the curb.

6. EV is taking 2 weeks paid baby-bonding leave starting 12/8. Yay!!  She'll be done with school and graduating end of December :-)  A recent survey said her school was the #4 smartest school in the country (ahead of yale & harvard).  I know it makes her proud to be getting her MS from a prestigious school.  She didn't have any support (rather the opposite) growing up so she's done this all on her own.

7. Looking at Owen's little face makes my day.

8. At the same time I feel so guilty about his scar, every time I see it I feel like its one huge (hopefully not permanent) mommy fail :(

9. We have no real budget for marketing our new business so I'm trying to get creative.

10. Kaden is such an active kid. At the park yesterday he covered so much ground. Interrupted several ball games (basketball, softball, soccer), etc. People love him though and love that he lso into sports. He's always met with such good will. Yesterday a man who was practicing softball with his daughter gave Kaden a baseball they didn't need. I just don't know where he gets all this energy to be everywhere at once.  I really want to get him involved in tot soccer, music and gymnastics. Maybe Santa will see what he can do this year.

• Options

1. I'm working today while mamosey is off with R.

2. This morning I woke up feeling like my period is on its way!  FET should be happening in the next few weeks!!!

3.  I have no idea what I'll do with all my extra time at work now that I'm not pumping anymore.  Lunch can now be eaten in 30 min instead of 10

4.  Last night mamosey and I talked about how we're more prepared for our FET to not work than work.  We are not prepared for a BFP.  If we do get one we will be scrambling to figure out how to be pregant and take care of a 9 month old!

5.  I obsessed with MLS.  I've been on it for 3 years and still check out the houses to see whats out there.

6.  We are converting to solar power! Our new house is perfect for it.  It's south facing with no trees

7. I need to figure out something fun to do with R tomorrow.  Maybe I'll take him to the pool.

8.  On Sunday we visited a friend who just had a baby.  It was surreal seeing someone go through the newborn haze after being done with it.  We left laughing and saying thank god we're done with that part....then reality hit us and we stopped laughing....see #2

9.  After seeing my friend struggle with bf on Sunday, I'm so grateful we never experienced that.  R switched back and forth between us no problem and knew exactly what to do. 

10.  I'm on the hunt for an indoor jungle gym for R.  This kid needs to constantly be moving!! He is wearing us out at 8 months. I fear life when he's walking :-SS

• Options
    1. I have not gotten nearly as much accomplished in my time off as I had hoped. I did manage to create a photo book of the professional newborn pics we had done, but the first year photo/baby book is a chore! I worked on it yesterday and only got up to February. If can commit to completing a month per day, I should be able to wrap it up within. Couple weeks.

2. I was disappointed that some of the earlier Parenting threads are no longer available (from Nov-Dec). I think a Bumpie who is no longer active posted the threads and no matter which way I search, I can't find them.

3. @KH826‌ - recipe, please! About the doctor - that is really frustrating that this doctor confronted your wife about her comment. She works for business - reviews, positive or negative, come with the territory. No words of wisdom for you, but wanted to offer support. I would be upset too.

4. I did manage to set my Thanksgiving menu and make the grocery list. I already shipped for the non-perishables, so I'm in good shape. I probably won't shop for the produce until thanksgiving morning because we aren't cooking until the Friday after Thanksgiving. I hope everything isn't too picked over. That's the only thing I'm nervous about.

5. Ash's birthday party menu is still up in the air. I want easy, but not sure about what make. Anybody have suggestions for simple and delicious vegan party foods? Anyone?

6. My plan is to be done pumping by December. That's like 19 days, right? So exciting!

7. I'm about to go meet one of my best friends who I never get to see anymore for lunch. I miss him!

8. It's cold today! Brrr.

9. And I are going to take advantage when my parents are in town an go on a date or two! As simple as it sounds, I really want to go see a movie and one of those dine-in movie theaters (Alamo Drafthouse for those of you who know what it is). I've only been to one movie since Ash was born and I took him with me (the Alamo has "baby day" every Tuesday morning) and it wasn't all that enjoyable.

10. My child was cracking me up last night. After dinner he was walking around shirtless with a wooden spoon, stooping down every once in a while to bang the spoon against some Tupperware. Who needs all the toys in the world as long as you have a wooden spoon and a plastic bowl?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    KH826 said:
    Thank you! Simple and yummy is EXACTLY what I'm looking for!
  • Options
    1- DW couldn't make it with me to the RE office

2- Had my first appointment with the RE! It wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be.  Although I was a bundle of nerves before I went.

3- waited for the doctor for half an hour.

4- waited for the doctor for an hour at this point.  Another of her client come in and is now also waiting for the same doctor.

5- waited for the doctor for an hour and twenty mins at this point. No sure what to think but I remember someone posted somewhere stating that if the doctor spends time with a client because of an issue or whathaveyous, then I rather that happen instead of having the doctor rush.  At this point I overcame my nerves so it was good.

6- finally saw the doctor. She was very informative and I liked her.

7- had to come to work later than expected but it was worth it.

8- tying to figure out what to do at work first

9- procrastination is my middle name

10- oh look, only an hour and fifteen mins left of work. :-)
  • Options
    @wittyandwaiting‌ - thank you! Incidentally, Ash had edamame for the first time on Friday and loved it! Those are great ideas. Do you have a particular recipe for the veggie wraps?

@Jazibel‌ - I don't have advice necessarily, but do think it is totally normal to feel a bit hurt when your friend speaks negatively about K&O's donor and it is completely reasonable to let her know how you feel. I hope the conversation goes well.
  • Options
    I posted the thread this morning and I am just now getting to my TTT!!!

1. Last Friday we were 35/35 (35 weeks with 35 days to go)!!! Aaaaahhhhhhhh so crazy!

2. We are still not all the way moved into our house! I mean we are all moved in but boxes are still everywhere! I feel so overwhelmed by it and really want everything put away before Hayden gets here!

3. I donated all my hair today! It's something I have been thinking and thinking about and C was so tired of my talking about it, so I just finally did it. It's the shortest I've ever had it...it totally feels like "mom hair"! ;-)

4. We are really struggling with C's parents at the moment. They really seem like they couldn't care less about Hayden. I am hoping things turn around when she gets here.

5. C and I had a super fun day together today! Everything is so much more fun with C.

6. My pump came today! It was nice to use a different one. I'll probably keep both pumps for a while!

7. We have been watching New Girl on Netflix...I laugh out loud every episode! What a nerd!

8. I actually have to stop at eight...I guess it's better than nothing! :-)

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• Options
    1. OMG we survived our big trip to the east. Currently sitting at the po-dunk Erie airport headed home. J is mad I made us get her so early...in retrospect she's right.

2. I tried to board the flight to Philadelphia that left nearly two hours before our flight. Baby. Brain

3. It was awesome to see so many family members meet S, especially my Dad who was very sweet with her.

4. We went to see my nun aunt at her convent. Baby met a zillion nuns. My aunt was beside herself showing the baby off, it was very sweet as well.

5. One of the nuns fostered 30 (!!!!) newborns over 15 years who were removed and prepared them for adoption. She said the last baby was with her 7 months and it was so heartbreaking to see him go, she stopped fostering. That baby and his adoptive mom still visit her each Christmas. She was so good with S!

6. I won't lie, the family part of this trip has been hard on me and J. My general stress/anxiety around family, coupled with my mild resentment that we only had 2 days here just made it not super fun between us. :(

7. On the upside, Boston was awesome. If not for the cold and snow, we both felt we could live there. Great city!

8. Speaking of cold and snow, it appears we are narrowly escaping it here. Say whatcha will about Seattle rain..but I don't have to shovel the rain.

9. Ironically, we had to buy umbrellas in Boston. Lol.

10. While on this trip we got word that our most favorite Caribbean sandwich shop closed abruptly yesterday. Heart. Broken. It was a legal thing around mistreatment of employees but there has to be more to it. We estimated they made $2 million on the sandwich alone per year. WTF? Pay the fines and keep making the Cuban roast! Oh, and treat your peeps better. So, so sad.

I could go on, big week, but I'll stop now! Here's our luggage cart...we used to be two dinky carry-ons only!! Oh how the baby changes things.
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    1. I can't sleep past 6:15 am even if I want to... Boo.

2. A cut all her hair off and it is simply adorable! I am so proud that she was brave and donated it!

3. We are finally working in the nursery. It is looking just like I had hoped in my heart.

4. Went to dinner last night with a friend who is 20w. It was interesting to hear her talk about how people and strangers have started approaching her in public about her cute little bump. This has never happened to me. Which is certainly not a complaint, but something I would like to think of the societal implications of.

5. I have an amazing job that has been so flexible with my schedule. My boss is also a queer crunchy parent (they had their third last year) and understands how hard coming into the office is with my current body. She has been really great about it

6. Speaking of.... I am starting to have some serious gender/body/emotional painful feelings nearing the end of this pregnancy. I am trying to work with/through them... But it is hard to work through feelings and nap and go to work and appointments and unpack boxes etc. etc.

7. The 6th circuit ruling on marriage equalityast week broke my heart. 35 states with marriage equality and we are not one.... We kind of needed that win. And people keep saying it will happen.... And it will! But that sure is a mouthful coming from people who don't understand the practical impact the legality of our marriage has on our day to day lives.

8. I feel so lucky to physically still feel pretty darn good! I am tired and one of my fingers hurts (yep.... Just one). Other than that I still sleep well and don't have too many complaints.

9. I am not ready to be excited about Christmas. I feel duped about it being the season already because I feel like a lot of it is consumer driven. BUT I also love Christmas and can't help
    But get a little giddy...

10. I can't believe our little one could be here in less than a month. Today is 1 month from our official due date. We are starting a labor pool to see if anyone guesses the date correctly. My guess is Dec. 20....

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options
    @firstcomeslove2013 I cut off and donate my hair about every two years.  It makes cutting all my hair off easier on my because I have so much difficulty styling shorter hair.  It is such a good thing to do if you can grow it share it.  Way to go and I am sure you look great with short hair maybe a PIP on Thursday.

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• Options
    Thanks @ATXMommas & @wittyandwaiting - I'm getting together with my friend and her son on Thursday afternoon. I'm going to try and just keep it simple and let her know (as you mentioned) that we just want more distance on the subject, and maybe explain why a little bit. Our community/friends tend to really love E and also be really supportive of EV & I, so we had never expected this - BUT I guess its a complication of using a KD (and then becoming BFFs with his BFF)... :(
  • Options
    1. B has now been in the outside world about half as long as he he was in utero. Weird. 2. To commemorate this, I finally got my first post-partum period. Yippee. 3. Why is it so hard to find sleep sacks with arms? I don't know about you, but I sleep with my arms inside the blanket and would therefore expect that anything taking the place of a blanket for my blanket-free baby would cover his arms. We have several fleece sleep bags from Carter's that have arms, but they only come in size 0-9 and I am not sure what to do once he has outgrown them. 4. I stayed home sick yesterday and still somehow couldn't manage to do my ten things. 5. Not feeling a whole lot better today. I guess I was a little optimistic when I decided to go to work today, but I also hate calling out multiple days for your basic everyday common cold. 6. B's jammies for his Christmas card photo shoot arrived yesterday and my sister is almost done with the hat he will wear. Can't wait to see how they turn out! 7. I already think he sort of looks like a little elf, and putting him in red-and-white stripped footie pajamas will probably just emphasize that. Oh well. Elves are cute and seasonal! 8. S and I are going to a party on Saturday night. Without B! Woo hoo! Excited to see our friends and have a few non-work baby-free hours. 9. I hope @2MamazinSeattle has an uneventful flight home today -- and then takes a long nap! 10. Time for more Zicam. Wish I could take a nap, too.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    Ten things wednesday for me

1. We are thinking about buying a new truck. I really want a truck but I don't know if now is the best time to buy one. It might be smarter to wait until the spring.

2. I was really bummed when our old ED stepped down and I miss having her as a boss, but I think I'm going to like my job more with the new ED. 

3. I can't remember if I posted about it before, but J's dad hadn't met or acknowledged M as his grandson. Well he finally met him last tuesday. He was really cute with him, I don't know why we is so weird about stuff. I am really hoping he will love M and be his grandpa, if not I won't hesitate keeping M away from him a second. Her mom will just have to figure out how to deal with it. 

4. We decided to do thanksgiving at one of the resorts in town. I'm glad it will be less stressful, but kind of  sad to not do the traditional thing. I love cooking thanksgiving dinner. 

5. I have no idea what we are doing for M for christmas, we need to figure it out. We have talked about doing want, wear, read, need, but that's as far as our discussions have gone. 

6. We decided to do special santa photos at a local place. They have one of the parents dress up in the santa suit and take pics with the kid. You can't tell it's the parent but the kid is happy and the pictures are pretty cute. Now I just need to schedule it and decide what M will wear.

7. It's so cold. I'm not ready for winter :(

8. I've been craving sweets so much lately. I just can't stop myself. I swear I've had so many post pregnancy cravings. I never had any pregnancy cravings, so weird. 

9. I need more coffee. 

10. M can almost sit up by himself. He is growing up so fast. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"