July 2013 Moms
Options

since it is snowing already...

Any recs for lightweight snow boots?  I have found tons of options, but they all look so heavy, like they would immobilize a baby/toddler.

I'm trying to attatch a cute pic as reward for opening this thrilling thread, but it isn't working, even on my laptop!  Ugh!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: since it is snowing already...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know about boots. I haven't looked yet.

Hijacking now.....
    What about gloves? Do they make gloves small enough for toddlers?
    I plan on taking Ty out even when it's cold because it will be hell for both of us if we are stuck inside all the time. I don't think he would like mittens. He would get frustrated if he can't pick things up.
  • Options
    Land's End has lots of toddler outerwear, including some boots that don't look too overwhelming?
  • Options
    @andrea0418 Carter's for gloves and hats

@squirmworms‌ 91?!?! Ugh. Jealous.
  • Options
    Hey, it's not showing here yet! At least not that I know of...and I'm not checking! Don't jinx me! ;)
  • Options
    We have some "boots" that go over shoes! And I got some cotton mittens at target when DS was little. Not terribly warm but something to put on his hands. Easy to get on too
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    We got Bogs for Alex. I bought them a size up from where he is now. They aregreat for fall/winter/spring. Or at least the adult ones are. They are nice and light for him to wear now and will keep him warm when the real cold comes.
  • Options
    estradaa said:

We were given hand me down Columbia snow boots. I just tried to put them on my little guy to see how they did. I couldn't even get them on his feet and they are a size bigger than what he wears. He is a bigger baby, but they seem to run small. He wears rain boots though everyday and at first they were really hard for him to walk in but he has it down now. We got the rain boots at Costco.

The second part of this. Keenan figured out how to walk in his rain boots pretty quick. I'd imagine snow boots wouldn't be that much harder, although we dont often get snow here. Sidenote - @estradaa‌ , are they the batman boots from costco? We got those and the batman raincoat for Keenan :-)
    imageView Full Size Image

• Options
    We have gotten good snow boots at Stride Rite--they're not super tall, but they're like little toddler waterproof hiking boots, fur-lined, and flexible enough that they can walk in them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Score! Just found two pair of size 6 snowboots and a box of hand-me-downs from my SIL. Mags is a 5 - 5.5, but a six should do just fine. Aw ya.
    What kind did you end up finding?
  • Options
    Some used ones from my niece and nephew.  i have no clue what brand they are, but they should work fine I think!
  • Options
    dinomama13dinomama13 member
    edited November 2014
    What is snow? This year Dipping Dots fell from the sky.

ETA: No help in the boots department. This kiddo just wears his Mossy Oak boots.

image image

BFP: 12/01/2012      EDD: 07/26/2013    Birthday: 07/25/2013 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"