Late Term and Child Loss

PgAL check in 11/7

Hi ladies.  I hope you and baby have been well this week!  Please feel free to post any questions you may have for each other.  

How far along are you?

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?

QOTW: How have others responded to your pregnancy announcement?  Was it different from when you announced your pregnancy for your angel baby?

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?

Re: PgAL check in 11/7

• How far along are you? 23 weeks, 1 day

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Next week is our next growth scan.  Baby girl's head was measuring very small- borderline abnormal - so we are hoping she catches up or the OB wants to do diagnostic tests :(

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? EAT ALL THE FOOD.  A couple days ago, we made dinner at home... then went out two hours later for second dinner. And dessert.  

QOTW: How have others responded to your pregnancy announcement?  Was it different from when you announced your pregnancy for your angel baby? Definitely not as excited this time.  I'm not sure if it was because last time we announced we were having twins, or because we are now PgAL (and rather quickly after our loss), our a combination.  But we didn't receive phone calls like last time.  No one was screaming in excitement.  We had some text messages and my husbabnd got FB comments.  I can't say I really blame them.... but still... ouch. 

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? We starting picking out paint samples and throwing them up on the wall in the boys' nursery.  It is so sad.  We will still keep their things in the nursery in a separate dresser, but I just can't bear to change their room.  Unless I want a girl in a very boyish room, though... I don't have a lot of options. 
  • BrittianyMBrittianyM member
    edited November 2014
    How far along are you?      15 weeks & 2 days

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?     I go to the OB/MFM every two weeks so I just went yesterday and will go again on the 18th.

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?       Still none

QOTW: How have others responded to your pregnancy announcement?  Was it different from when you announced your pregnancy for your angel baby?     People were very happy for both Brooke and this one.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?     Found out its a boy! Having a very hard time picking a name. There is nothing we really like and my DH is the 4th so we may have to just go with a 5th.  

Always worrying that the baby is not growing as he should. I am not really showing like I have seen other moms show. Oh well, I guesss.

Plus we are having extreme issues with our mortgage company. They didn't pay our homeowners insurance from our escrow acct and our insurance lasped. Still working on trying to get it fixed. Its stress I don't need right now.

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Hi ladies!
    I hope you don't mind if I join you! :\">

How far along are you? 5 weeks today!

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? First US on the 24th!

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Nothing! When I was pg with the twins I didn't have any symptoms (other than super tired) and no cravings!

QOTW: How have others responded to your pregnancy announcement? Was it different from when you announced your pregnancy for your angel baby?
    Haven't told anyone other than DH and 2 of my loss mama friends. We'll tell our parents on Thanksgiving.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? It's so new and so scary! Now just so anxious/terrified to find out if it's multiples again! Still can't believe it's finally happening!
  • ::lurking::

@ikrystal‌ - FX that baby girl's next growth scan brings good news!

@BrittianyM‌ - a boy! Congratulations!!

@schulme2‌ - still so excited for you, just popping in to say congratulations again!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • msunshine123msunshine123 member
    edited November 2014
    @ikrystal - I will be praying that all goes well for you and your little girl at your scan. I'm sorry the news of your pregnancy was not as excited.
    @Brittnay M - congratulations you'll be having a boy:) Sorry to hear about your mortgage company - you really don't need any extra stress now.
    @shulme2 - congratulations! Pgal is so hard - you want to be excited, but you're so scared and worried. ((hugs))
  • How far along are you? 9 weeks

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?
    next appointment in 2 weeks

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?
    just the extreme nausea and vomitting, but fortunately the meds have been working these past few days - hoping they continue to work

QOTW: How have others responded to your pregnancy announcement?  Was it different from when you announced your pregnancy for your angel baby?
    We haven't really shared with many people because it's still early and we are so nervous, but those we have shared it with have been just as excited as they were with our son
    Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?
    Just trying to keep telling myself not to worry about what can happen and just trying to focus on only the current moment
  • How far along are you? 16 weeks, 5 days

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Not for a couple of weeks.

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Just so hungry all the time now. I feel like I am eating all the time. I must have been making healthy choices because I'm not gaining much.

QOTW: How have others responded to your pregnancy announcement?  Was it different from when you announced your pregnancy for your angel baby? Absolutely everyone we told has been so excited for us. They were excited with Nathaniel too, but this time it seems so much more. Part of that could be we told people about this baby that didn't know about Nathaniel until after he died since we never really made an announcement for him. If you weren't family and we hadn't seen you, you probably didn't know that I was pregnant.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? I want November to go by quickly. I have my anatomy scan on December 1st. Waiting is hard.

Also we are waiting for our Nathaniel bear to get here. We got shipment notification on Halloween and he's not here yet. It looks like he is really on the way now. Hopefully we will really get him by Monday or Tuesday.

Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• BrittianyM Congratulations on your little boy!!!  I'm so sorry you are having issues with your mortgage company.  I hope it all gets straightened out soon.  

schulme2 Welcome to the check in!  Congratulations!  FX for a great first appointment.  I think its so great you are telling everyone on Thanksgiving.  

stefuge You are so great!  Thank you for popping in and for all the support :)  Lots of love to you!

msunshine123 Thank you for your support.  I'm glad that the meds are working.  I know that feeling of just trying to stay in the moment - sometimes it is all we can do. Big hugs. 

dadalou I'm glad that everyone was so excited!  I got my Conner bear and Benjamin bear in the mail yesterday.  I think you and I were right after one another on the waiting list, right?  So hopefully that means that you get yours soon!
  • @ikrystal‌ We should get Nathaniel bear today.
    Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• How far along are you? 19 weeks, 1 day

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Next Monday is the official anatomy scan. They did an early scan at 16 weeks and I found out last week that the tech had trouble getting a picture of one of baby's feet and is concerned it might be a club foot. Needless to say, this has increased my anxiety 100 fold.

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Must eat all the food! Hunger stage has definitely kicked in, which is way more fun than feeling sick.   

QOTW: How have others responded to your pregnancy announcement?  Was it different from when you announced your pregnancy for your angel baby?Everyone has been very excited. I had thought at least one person would question our decision to try again so early but no one has said anything the slightest bit negative...at least not to our faces. The only tough thing has been one person commenting that they thought being pregnant again would make Lincoln's death easier to handle. But that person was understanding when I explained that they are two separate children and two separate events.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? Just absolutely terrified for the a/s Monday. I know that club foot isn't the end of the world. But I feel my family has spent enough time in doctors' offices and hospitals. We've paid our dues. I don't want this baby to have to experience even a piece of that. That, and the fact that club foot can be associated with other medical issues that are more life threatening...my mind can't even really process that possibility at this point.
  • @ikrystal Good luck at your scan next week! I'll be anxiously awaiting an update on baby girl!
    We started throwing paint swatches on the wall as well, it was so difficult to think about changing that room but I know this baby deserves a room of his own. Good luck as you move through the process!

@schulme2 Welcome to the check in!! Congratulations!

@dadalou Waiting is the worst. Seriously. I feel your pain! I just need things to move along and I need to see this little guy!

@Brittianym Congratulations on having a boy! I'm biased, but I think little boys are absolutely awesome :)

@msunshine123 Glad to hear you're feeling better! I hope it keeps up!
  • Mel&John2013 Thank you and good luck as you start to change the nursery as well.  I really hope that the anatomy scan brings you good news. I know you must have so much anxiety right now.  Big hugs to you.  And I'm glad you explained the whole two separate children/two different situations.  You are so right, and being pregnant does not make loss easier.
  • ikrystal : Praying that baby girl catches up at your scan.  And I'm so sorry that people aren't as excited for you, that must be so painful :(  Probably not much consolation, but I'm really excited for you!

BrittianyM : Our son was the fifth, so I'm a fan :)

schulme2 : Congratulations!

msunshine123 : Glad the meds are working!

dadalou : Hope you get your Nathaniel bear soon!  I am still waiting on my bear too, but haven't gotten notice about it shipping.

Mel&John2013 : I was worried about people saying stupid things about having another baby so soon, but have been pretty fortunate with that as well.  I don't know if they really get it, or are just being polite, but either way, I'm glad.

Me 32 (Stage IV Endometriosis, short luteal phase) DH 38

Married 5/2010

January 2014- DS born healthy at 35.4 weeks

February 2014- DS passed away due to complications from adenovirus

February 2015- Rainbow baby DD born at 36.3 weeks

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42fd32 

• How far along are you? 23w5d

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? No appointments, but this week is 24 weeks, which is a nice milestone.

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Still hungry, though not quite as bad.  I've started really gaining though!  8 lbs in the last 4 weeks!  This is the point that I really started gaining with Q as well, though, so it seems to just be how my body does pregnancy.  

QOTW: How have others responded to your pregnancy announcement?  Was it different from when you announced your pregnancy for your angel baby?Everyone has been incredibly excited, which feels really nice.  We got lots of positive responses with Q, but this time there has been such an outpouring of love and excitement, it has been amazing.  I was nervous that people would think it was too soon, or judge for whatever reason, but fortunately, that hasn't seemed to be the case.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? We accepted an offer on our house today, so moving to a new house, and away from the only place that Q lived is on my mind.  I know I've brought it up before, but it's something that is very emotional to me, so it's still at the forefront of my thoughts.

Me 32 (Stage IV Endometriosis, short luteal phase) DH 38

Married 5/2010

January 2014- DS born healthy at 35.4 weeks

February 2014- DS passed away due to complications from adenovirus

February 2015- Rainbow baby DD born at 36.3 weeks

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42fd32 

• @dadalou - Glad you are getting your Nathaniel bear today! :)
    @Mel&John2013 - good luck at your anatomy scan - hoping you get nothing but good results:) Good job also letting the individual know your child is never replaceable. You might have another child, but that will never make you stop missing your son - he is his own individual.
    @erinel - congratulations on your new home! We moved after we lost our son. We had planned to move with him into our new home. So it hurt moving because he was not with us the way we had planned. Hugs to you as it can really stir up your emotions.

• erinel Thank you! Congrats on being 24 weeks tomorrow.  Congrats on the new house, although I know it must be painful for you.  We are in the process of looking for a new house as well, and I am still trying to process how it will all feel when we leave this one and move into one that our boys have never been in.  Lots of hugs to you. 

dadalou Adorable - both the bear and Abby :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"