Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Night Terrors

Hi, I'm new to this page and posting so please redirect me if there is another forum on this topic.  My LO is 14 months and ever since I started going back to work she's been waking up 2-3 times at night just screaming and is inconsolable.  This started happening when I returned to work, so I thought it was separation anxiety (if it's even possible at this age).  But its been happening every night for the last month.  At the beginning, we would pick her up and console her.  The last 2 weeks, we've tried to leave her and hope she will soothe herself which she does after 20-30mins.  Its horrifying to not be able to do anything and for her to have these every night...any suggestions please.

Re: Night Terrors

• Options
    My LO is 16 mo old and started having these about a month and a half ago. We also made the mistake of trying to console him, but that only made things worse. I did a lot of reading about what might cause these and the one thing that stood out for me was that he might be overtired. People recommended either reinstating an afternoon nap or moving his bedtime earlier (about 30 min). Unfortunately, since he is in daycare, the extra nap wasn't feasible, so we moved his bedtime up by 30 min. This worked almost immediately. It's been almost a month since we started the new bedtime, and we've only had one night where he had a night terror (which only lasted about 10 min before he calmed down). I hope this helps you and your LO!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"